Forever 21 Visual Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forever 21 Visual Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Forever 21

2.8

Visual Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2017.

Interview

You were first contacted by the store manager and set up for an inperson interview. After that a week went by before I was contacted to have a second interview with another store manager. Another week went by before I was contacted to have an interview with the District manager and another 2 weeks before I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Visual Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2015.

Interview

Typical interview questions. Went through 3 interviews, all on the phone. The entire process took about 3 weeks, which is ridiculous. This is mainly because of the countless interviews but also has something to do with the way in which they submit paperwork. The corporate partners take their sweet time approving your paperwork.... I have seen where they have taken 2 1/2 weeks to approve someone's paperwork and it wasn't because of a background check - which usually takes a considerable amount of time.

Interview Questions

• How will you make the transition from a small box to a big box store?   Answer Question

Visual Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

2 interviews in 1 day first with the DM at one location then I had to drive 45 min to interview with the Field. It was a long day it was about 4 hour total with drive time.

Interview Questions

• Interview was not hard, all the questions are pretty much what you would expect. They asked me to walk them through the looks of the store also what were top trends.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more than than I knew they would offer so we were able to met in the middle.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Visual Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

first interview typical interview questions based on experience

second interview dressing manniquins

Negotiation

i countered and they met me half way

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Gaithersburg, MD) in August 2012.

Interview

One interview over the phone another with the store manager, then last with the District manager. The hard questions were from the store manager and the light weight were from the DM. Three interviews with in a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• How can you help the company increase sale. If you were a fuirt, what kind would you be.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Maumee, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

This was the most UNPROFESSIONAL interview I have ever had!
    1) I received a call a month after I applied from the DM asking if I was still interested in the position. I said yes & scheduled a store interview.
    2) For the interview I sat down at the front of the store with the DM & Store Manager. I was basically ganged up on! They kept asking me questions that only associates would know, correcting my answers if they didn't like what I said or engaging with each other. I felt so lost and disappointed. I have loved this company forever & felt like I didn't get a fair chance.
    3) After the "interview" the DM had me pick out 3 completely different outfits. I did well on this part.
    4) She told me to call her back with my references, even though I attached it with my application online.
    5) I called her 3 times a day for 3 days trying to give her my references. She never answered or responded to my messages. So I stopped trying!

Visual Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Forever 21 in September 2011.

Interview

She reviewed my application to make sure I was qualified. Then set the interview. She asked me series of interview questions; expected responds to questions; gave job description; and open floor for me to ask questions. Upper management repeats first step, questions were a little more in-depth. After interview they compared notes and made a decision.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question usually ask is "tell me your weakness".   1 Answer

Negotiation

No it didn't get to negotiate. My advice would be to go in high with you salary demands, that why when they counter you you'll get close to the amount you desire.

Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Victor, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online and after a few weeks I was contacted by the field visual manager. She wanted to interview me for the visual merchandising manager position. She was not going to be at that store for another week, so I had to go and have a first interview with the store manager. That was the worst interview I ever had. During the entire interview she complained and whined about how she got in trouble for how the store looked after she came back from vacation. We spent maybe ten minutes talking about me, and my experience and job history. The following week, I had the other interview with the field visual manager. This one wa better. We talked about my experience, and she told me all about the store. I should have known from the interview with the store manager how the job would end up being. I had a very negative first impression of her, but a good one of the field manager. This is why I accepted the job, even though I had my doubts. After not hearing from the store manager after a few weeks, I sent an email to the field manager following up. The store manager was supposed to have called me with a job offer earlier, but never got around to it. After that, she called, and the job offer was made.

Interview Questions

• The store manager gave me three different scenarios, with different types of girls, and I had to go through the store and pick out a complete outfit for each one. This was done to make sure I understood fashion, and the forever 21 customer.   1 Answer
    • At the interview with the field manager, we were sitting outside of the store. She told me to start with the front windows and I had to tell her everything I thought was wrong with the store and how I would make it better visually. She did this to show me how terrible of a condition the store was in and to make sure I could fix it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. When she called with the job offer, she told ma at the end of the conversation what the pay would be.

Visual Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty basic Visual Interview. Ask about your fashion sense, how you get your inspiration, what are the current trends, etc. They tour you through the store and explain who each of their "girls" (the different sections represent different girls) are. They then give you a girl to dress and ask you to pull complete looks and then present them.

Interview Questions

• Where do you draw inspiration from?   1 Answer

Visual Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewed for the visual manager position and was more than qualified however they offered me a visual merchandiser position. The interview pretty much consisted of me pulling three looks all with a common theme. The next step was walking around each department and expressing what you felt was wrong with the displays and what you would do differently. Overall the interview was easy, except I didn't like the field merchandising managers attitude. Instead of looking at my amazing portfolio they decided to make snarky remarks as if they were Anna Wintour...but I digress...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation with this company. They call. They give you an offer. You take it or leave it.