Forever 21 Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forever 21 Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at Forever 21

2.5

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

I sat down with the visual merchandising manager and store manager. It was pretty relaxed. They asked me the normal questions like tell me about yourself and why did I want to work there. Then they gave me 3 celebrities and I had to style 3 looks for them, complete with accessories and then put the clothing back where it belonged after describing the looks. I had a second phone interview with the visual manager and had to style another look and email him the photo.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I interiewed in person with the asm and the store manager. It was really basic and conversational. They asked questions like what is your inspiration for style. And availability. I did okay. I thought I didn't get the job but they called back a week later. I requested my wage and got it. The problem however is that they hire very lazy people with no retail or sales skills and only a few hard working people. And they hire a lot of peope with no sense of fashion despite fashion being one of the cpmpany's core values. Employees should not be dressed so basic.

Interview Questions

• Where does your inspiration for style come from?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Interview

Turned in the application and set up an interview the same day.

The interview was a group interview, out in the food court. She would ask us questions and write down notes. She then gave a different situation for each person to answer. By the end she told us that we'll get a call within a week, if there's no call we didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was multiple people that needs help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Concord, CA).

Interview

I had three interviews. One with a visual manager to talk about my education and experience, she gave me a mini-test to see if I can merchandise. The second interview with the district manager just to see if I was a fit for the company and what location would I be best for. Third interview with the Store manager and Visual manager at the location I would be working.

Interview Questions

• Is time management important to you and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Temecula, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviews not conducted in a private environment. Did not explain job duties, expectations, etc.
    Did not include timing of merit reviews either nor history of the company. Did not tell me about holidays or vacations. Did not give me any idea on benefits.

Interview Questions

• Experience in Visual merchandising?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Lancaster, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Met with the store manager and visual team lead. This was for a new store opening, so after I was hired I commuted almost 90 minutes to the store I was training at before the new store opened. This was not my ideal process, but they compensated me for mileage which was nice.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested in my ability to multi-task. How I would handle having to do multiple things at one time, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Glendale, WI) in March 2013.

Interview

In store visual manager called me and set up an interview with her and the district visual manager. Asked very simple questions and asked me to merchandise a four way fixture in order to assess my merchandising skill set.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

There was an open interview thing going on . It was very very simple . Why do you want to work here , what makes you a good fit etc etc . Nothing too crazy . There was a small group of us in the fitting room . It honestly felt like a conversation .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Well i was offered whar i asked for , so this phase was easy . Im quite sure if you have the credentials you can ask for more .

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2014.

Interview

Conversational interview. Very laid back and allowed for descriptions about yourself and your style of management. Questions were easy to answer. Overall a positive interview experience. Other positions required group panels.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Arlington, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Fill out app if the call you back then you have a one on one interview with the hiring manager. If you pass the interview you will then get hired and have to come back for orientation.