Forever 21 Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.4

82 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was good a lot of information given and what the expectation was for the role
Asked about past jobs and description and what roles I was in charge of

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I interiewed in person with the asm and the store manager. It was really basic and conversational. They asked questions like what is your inspiration for style. And availability. I did okay. I thought I didn't get the job but they called back a week later. I requested my wage and got it. The problem however is that they hire very lazy people with no retail or sales skills and only a few hard working people. And they hire a lot of peope with no sense of fashion despite fashion being one of the cpmpany's core values. Employees should not be dressed so basic.

Interview Questions

• Where does your inspiration for style come from?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

I sat down with the visual merchandising manager and store manager. It was pretty relaxed. They asked me the normal questions like tell me about yourself and why did I want to work there. Then they gave me 3 celebrities and I had to style 3 looks for them, complete with accessories and then put the clothing back where it belonged after describing the looks. I had a second phone interview with the visual manager and had to style another look and email him the photo.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

Interview process was very short and brief. Sat down with a member of management. She asked questions about former employers, why i enjoyed fashion, how can i be an asset to the team, what are my hours of availability, if required to work on holidays and long evenings would i be able, why did i want to work at forever 21 your basic interview questions

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview questions. Why do you want to work here? Your experience in retail   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about a month from first interview to hiring. I applied online during Janurary, which was not the smartest since they are on a hiring freeze during Jan and Feb. The hiring manager finally reached out and called to set up and in-person interview. The interview was with the store manager, who had just started with the company a few months prior. Standard interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forever 21 (La Jolla, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

You discus the nature of the interview & the position interviewing for. You then pull 3 look, formal, casual & trendy, based on a current fashion trend. You explain the looks & describe the person wearing it. Pros & cons are discussed as well as ways to improve the looks as well as ways you could have elevated the look.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in visual merchandising & how is it relevant to Forever 21?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

I applied from an online job search engine. My interview was a group interview with one other applicant. The interview was really short and she didn't ask many questions. She asked us to tell her about ourselves, and basic questions like our favorite designers.

Interview Questions

• We were given a 10 minutes limit to put together 3 outfits in the store   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

There was an open interview thing going on . It was very very simple . Why do you want to work here , what makes you a good fit etc etc . Nothing too crazy . There was a small group of us in the fitting room . It honestly felt like a conversation .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Well i was offered whar i asked for , so this phase was easy . Im quite sure if you have the credentials you can ask for more .

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2014.

Interview

It take about 2 weeks. Finally, a visual manager got in contact with me to set up a interview with her and her field visual manager. The interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What's the latest fashion trends?   1 Answer

Wasn't willing to give me what I want.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

Interviewed with the Visual Manager and the Store Manager. Interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. Interview was pretty laid back. Asked questions regarding fashion trends, how you would train your associates to adhere to visual standards. Conducted an activity where you had to go throughout the store to create "looks".

Interview Questions

• What are the current trends you are seeing in the market.   Answer Question