Forever 21 Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.4

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

i had two interview both were pretty unprofessional - first interview was with 2 others and was interviewed on the sales floor (can be distracting) then asked to put an outfit together. The person that interviewed us was fairly new to the senior role which showed through the interview process. 2nd interview was held in the changing room with stock everywhere and people sorting out stock, was asked very basic questions and then asked to put three outfits together.

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Arlington, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Fill out app if the call you back then you have a one on one interview with the hiring manager. If you pass the interview you will then get hired and have to come back for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Sacramento, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The whole entire process took 4 weeks; however i applied at the first location for any management job, then another location for visual merchandiser.. twice, and then again for a different management position. For the interview you'll start with building three outfits.. mine were a going out, work, and a must have. You'll then either pass or fail that first task, then next you'll answer actual "sit-down" interview questions. After that, they asked me to design a table based on merchandise they provided. That was for the visual merchandiser position, the assistant manager interview was much much harder.

Interview Questions

• What was the most constructive piece of criticism a former boss or current boss ever gave or has given you? Explain why, and if you agreed or disagreed with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me 12$ an hour, however i also had 2 years of visual experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Glendale, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

After a series of typical interview questions (background, interest in the company and position), you are then asked to pick 6-9 different outfits within an hour to be judged by the manager. You can grab anything in the store for complete looks and should include accessories such as jewelry, hats, sunglasses, shoes, etc. at your discretion.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Houston, TX).

Interview

Sit-down interview. Looked at my references, asked me about my experience. Very straight forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got the pay I wanted after initially not accepting.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2014.

Interview

Conversational interview. Very laid back and allowed for descriptions about yourself and your style of management. Questions were easy to answer. Overall a positive interview experience. Other positions required group panels.

Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Freehold, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

they make sure to ask you what is your style and how you apply it to customer. young customer required. they also ask if you yourself are a customer to know the brand

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

I noticed the job posting on the Forever 21 website, so I applied and got a call back about a week later for an interview. I was interviewed by an assistant manager as well as the visual manager. I felt very comfortable in the interview, like I was having a conversation with friends. They are very interested in hiring trend-savvy individuals, so they asked me, "What fashion blogs do you follow?"; "Who are your celebrity style icons?"; and "What is a current fashion trend that you're loving?" They then took me on a tour of the store, and had me pick out a few outfits. In one section of the store, the manager asked me to critique the wall display and asked me what I would add to it (that was probably the most unexpected question for me!). I left thinking the interview went really well. A week later, they called me and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• "Critique this wall display. What would you have done differently, or what could be added to make it a more effective display?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I originally asked for $12. When they told me that they normally start visual merchandisers out at $10, I asked for $10.50. The store manager had to check with her district manager, and she approved me for $10.50.

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Poughkeepsie, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I was tipped off to the position opening by a friend & stopped in to ask for an application. The store manager, after some light questioning, told me to come in the next day when the Visual Manager was in. I did just that, and brought my resume with me. The Visual Manager and I chatted casually about my availability and past experience then she set up an in-depth interview for the next week. During that interview, I was asked all the basic questions: Why do you want to work for F21? What do you have to offer the company? Who are your favorite designers? What are your strengths/weaknesses? etc. Then, she had me choose three outfits: a contemporary look for the working 30 year old woman, a fashion forward look, and a look that best described my personal style. I was told they were still in the process of interviewing and would get back to me. I received the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What are 2 strengths/2 weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Can't complain with full-time + benefits.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted the day after applying for the position and had an interview with the store manager. The interview was followed by an interview with the Visual Merchandising Manager at the store where I pulled three looks and she walked me through the store. A week later I was told there wasn't actually a full-time position available (even though that was what the job posting was for), but if I wanted to work at another store there would be a position. I then interviewed with a manager at the other store. Then they said they would set me up with the Field Visual Manager for an interview with her as well. After interviewing with her I then had another interview with the Visual Manager at the second store. After that interview he said he had to set me up with the Field Visual Manager for an interview, but I mentioned I had already spoke to her. The FVM gave the go ahead but the store manager at the second store wanted to interview me as well. If you're keeping track this is a total of six interviews for this crappy company that can't even bother to communicate across stores. It took about a month in total to be hired on when it should have taken maybe a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult, most of these people interviewing me were lucky enough to have some college experience let along finish high school   Answer Question