Forever 21 Visual Merchandising Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forever 21 Visual Merchandising Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Forever 21

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Troy, MI) in April 2019.

Interview

Was relocating to the Michigan area from Texas so reached out to DM & DVM via LinkedIn to see if they had any job opportunities. Was informed that there was opportunity within the company.

There would be a NSO in the same timeframe that I would be moving to Michigan. Did an initial over the phone interview with DM & DVM. Spoke about my background, experience, etc.

Met with them in person in Michigan, at one of the store locations. (Somerset in Troy, MI).

Sat down & talked about my experience and showed them examples of my visual work. Then we walked the store and they had me tell them any call outs I see. I let them know what I thought was wrong, what needed to be changed.

Had me do a physical application and background check on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Seattle, WA) in October 2018.

Interview

5 different interviews, standard process not that hard to get a job here as long as you know your scope of work. It was a rather easy process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Providence, RI) in March 2018.

Interview

The initial interview was rushed to fit a specific schedule on the same day of the first contact made by the district visual manager. The district visual manager didn’t ask any questions - he just explained the basics of the job and talked about the disorder of the store in which the position was available. He explained that younger generation workers do not have good work ethic and that he only asks for 50% effort from these employees because “at least it’s something.” I interviewed in person with the area sales manager on the same day - she also talked in length about the disorder of the store and the inabilities of the current management team. At the conclusion of the first two interviews, I was set up to have a phone interview with the district sales manager and it was scheduled for a few days later. On the day of the interview, the district sales manager was two hours late to our scheduled call. She explained only her perceived difficulties and negative aspects of the job, never explaining her perceived enjoyable aspects of the job. At the conclusion of the interview, she explained that she would require an unpaid “try out” for the position by merchandising and organizing a section of the store to demonstrate my merchandising abilities.

Reduction:
    The interview process appeared disorganized and unplanned. The conduct of the interviewers appeared unprofessional.

Visual Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2017.

Interview

You want to show your fashion forward self. Know current trends. Be prepared to showcase your style as a demo may be required. Do not be afraid to make specific call-outs and/or make suggestions.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Very quick. Only took a week. Had two interviews and store manager and visual manager. Then had another interview with two DM's. Very easy going and relaxing. The process only took anout a week and I got a call back like literally the next day. It was pretty cool. The interview seemed too casual and outdated to me. Very unprofessional and not really talking about the job itself.

Interview Questions

• What are your aspersions in life & how can you apply them to your job!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Very passionate management team
    2. Intriguing questions - a mix with fashion questions and merchandising questions
    3. Ask lots of questions back - seemed to like that
    4. Conversational style interview
    5. Went on a walk and looked at floor sets and discussed what is a high sell and low sale and how it was merchandised

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?
      What is your fashion style ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Got promoted from within, Phone interview with the district visual and district manager, during interview they explained the expectations and requirements, just be confident and you will get it

Visual Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2015.

Interview

This was an internal move. However, I did interview with the District Visual Manager ( phone) and then with the Store Manager ( in person). I did not come in contact with the Regional Manager until after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• This was more of a Leadership interview than Visual. They honestly just want to know if you are capable of leading a team of young merchandisers, execute launches, promotions, markdowns, and plan and execute seasonal floor sets.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Ontario, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Asked me normal interview questions like "why would you want to work here?"
    Then asked me questions related to visual "which celebrity do you think will be the face of the company next season?". We then walked around the store and I was supposed to identify the type of person that would shop in each of the different sections. I was then to put together 5 outfits for these different girls.

Visual Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 in December 2013.

Interview

First interview was with the Field Merchandising Manager and after some of the typical interview questions, she have me 20 min to run around the store and pick 2 looks for the Olsen twins for a holiday party. It went well and she said she would contact me in a week to schedule an interview with the District Manager. She did contact me in a week, but the interview was with a Store Manager and Visual Manager of the store I would take over. It was a little uncomfortable with 2 sets of eyes looking at you and questioning you, but the questions were about the same as the first interview. This time, they gave me 20 min to pull 5 looks, not taking into consideration how huge the store was and me not knowing where all their merchandise is, but I managed to do it. They disagreed with what my "celebrity male" would dress like and even though I wanted to argue back how they were wrong, I didn't say anything. After about 2 wks, I emailed the Field Merchandiser just to touch base with the interviews and let them know I was still interested if they haven't found someone to fill the position yet. Got a call the next day and was offered the job, however, I was going to start off as a regular merchandiser first and only "IF" a Visual Manager position became available at a store would I "MAYBE" get it. Well...that wasn't the position I applied for!

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

They offered me a position I did not apply for.