Forever 21 XXI Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forever 21 XXI Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Forever 21

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Newport News, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

I completed a walk-in application. I had to wait some time before I was contacted by the hiring store manager. She scheduled me to come in for a group interview (it was me along with 4 other girls in a highly cramped stock room). The hiring manager seemed somewhat interested besides the fact she started our interview an hour late. I was offered the position and told when to fill out paperwork. Afterwards, I have yet to hear from her or the company about my schedule.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Simple, it was a group interview. The person who interviewed me was named Kat, she sat us down in a circle which took place in the fitting room. We filled out some paper works and then had us introduce ourselves one by one.

Interview Questions

• What are some characteristics a person should have to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Permanent days off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Smyrna, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was just like the others have described on here. There were about 20 of us interviewed all at once in a corner in the mall! Extremely unprofessional!!! I am surprised they chose me because I didn't feel like I really got a chance to show my personality or skills. They didn't even ask about my skills, it was all about my outfit. (this explains why they have such poor service!)

Very unprofessional and CRAZY hours

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Short Hills, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

Heard about the new store opening and they did open interviews and I literally walk in filled out an application handed in my resume the assistant manager asked me two questions (she didnt even want to do the interview) and said I was hired on the spot. The next day I did my training and the day after I officially started working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my salary and I wish I did. Advice to others is to really ask what is your duties on the job because you may want to take that into consideration for how much you get paid.

XXI Sales Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2013.

Interview

The interviewing process was done by group interview. There were around 5 other girls interviewing at the time. We were taken by the manager and an assistant manager to the mall's food court to conduct the interview, I suppose because there's really no backroom at Forever 21. We were given an availability sheet and asked to fill out the hours we could work. We were also informed that as part of our agreement with the company, we were not allowed to work at any other company that sold women's apparel.

For the interview itself, we were asked a question and then answered in a round robin fashion. The managers took notes on the backs of our availability sheets. The questions I can recall are: How would you react/deal with witnessing another employee stealing from the company? what is a popular spring trend? what motivates us? We were asked for questions at the end before we all left.

I received a call a day or two later. I was told what my starting salary would be. I tried to negotiate but the offer was firm. I accepted the offer, but declined a few days later when I received a better offer from another employer.

Received a better offer.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Orlando, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

Group interview - there was about 10 of us, very basic, generic questions

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Raleigh, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

After I handed in my application I was called within one hour to sign a consent form for a background check. I was told that once this passed I would be called in for a group interview. They were really good about letting me know when they would contact me every step of the way. When I showed up for the group interview consisting of around 13 or so people we were all asked to stand one at a time and say our names, what position we are applying for and why we wanted to work there. Very easy guestions to answer. It was not personal at all, which is good if you have bad nerves like I do. I do suggest that you dress professional but with good style. After the interview I made sure that I personally approached the interviewer, shook her hand while introducing myself personally and told her more about why I would be good for the job, it obviously helped. I was called back for an easy orientation the next day and worked happily there for several months before I had to leave. The training is good and most managers were pretty easy going. They start you off at a slightly higher pay rate than stores like them.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Beaumont, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Manager called and asked if I could come in after seeing my application. When I can in he asked why I wanted to work there and asked me t put together an outfit within 5 mins. He ended up loving the outfit and put it on a manican. He told me me would give me a call back in a few days after he finished interviewing the other applicants but he would be sure to put in the good word for me. He call a couple days later but I had to decline.

Interview Questions

I had to move locations immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Seattle, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

I went to a walk-in interview at forever 21. Wore forever 21 clothes aside from my shoes; a black blazer with a cute pink ruffled shirt underneath with some skinny black work pants and some black flats. The interview itself was not very long. The manager was just reading questions straight from a piece of paper. I was asked a few questions that were situation-based. For example, explain in detail how you handled a bad situation in the workplace. I was hired right on the spot. She gave me the date and time for the orientation and that was that. The work culture is great. I worked there for 8 months and enjoyed working with all my coworkers and for the most part the managers were really nice and funny. The only thing is they don't seem to care how you are doing personally. Also the turn over rate is really high, sometimes the stress is so much that people walk right out of the store and never even come back. But you have to learn to manage the stress; i mean it's a job it's not going to be easy.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for forever21?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Glendale, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

About a week after turning in my application I got a call back from the store asking to come in the next day for a group interview. For the group interview we had a single interviewer. She asked a question and each of the interviewees answered them one by one. After the interview I left the store, only to be called back about four minutes later to come back at that moment. I then had a second interview with the manager, who told me on the spot that I was hired. Out of the approximate group of 10 interviewees, only 3 of us were called back for a second interview. I'm unsure whether the other 2 got hired as well since I was the first to be interviewed (a second time) and did not stick around since I had other plans that day.

Interview Questions

• It's a busy day and you've got 3 customers asking for your help, clothes on the rack that need to be put back, and your manager is bugging you. Which task would you do first and why?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question