Forever 21 XXI Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forever 21 XXI Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Newport News, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

I completed a walk-in application. I had to wait some time before I was contacted by the hiring store manager. She scheduled me to come in for a group interview (it was me along with 4 other girls in a highly cramped stock room). The hiring manager seemed somewhat interested besides the fact she started our interview an hour late. I was offered the position and told when to fill out paperwork. Afterwards, I have yet to hear from her or the company about my schedule.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Simple, it was a group interview. The person who interviewed me was named Kat, she sat us down in a circle which took place in the fitting room. We filled out some paper works and then had us introduce ourselves one by one.

Interview Questions

• What are some characteristics a person should have to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Permanent days off.

XXI Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

I have retail experience so I was offered an interview right away, especially with having OPEN availability, they always look for people with open availability. the interview processs is pretty easy and all the questions are too. like why do you want to work here...whats your strengths.. why should we hire you...
    Dress to impress! and youll know you get the job if they set you up with a second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nope, minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Miami, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

I went in during a job fair and the interview process was fairly quick. I was in and out within 30 minutes. I grabbed an application and filled it out. I sat down at a table where a manager was seated and he interviewed me. He asked about my hobbies, my previous experience, why did i choose them, my strengths and weaknesses. He took notes. Be sure to dress trendy but professionally and smile a lot, they definitely make notes of that. This was on a Saturday and they called me for a second interview on Monday and told me to bring direct deposit info and a id. The second interview took long because they interviewer needed to come back from break. They called us one by one and the interview was really short and easy. Afterwards she asked if i brought the necessary documents and once I said yes she said I was hired and wanted me to stay for the orientation. I stayed and orientation took about 2 hours!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. the pay was already set. If they give an opportunity to negotiate, TAKE IT.

Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Freehold, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Totally normal, cool manager, talked about my love of fashion and why I liked F21 (plus size section that's still on trend), she explained the pay rate and how it works. She left maybe a month after I started working there, as did 3 other managers. The store was a breeding ground for manager turn around

Interview Questions

• Why do you like Forever 21?   1 Answer

XXI Sales Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2013.

Interview

The interviewing process was done by group interview. There were around 5 other girls interviewing at the time. We were taken by the manager and an assistant manager to the mall's food court to conduct the interview, I suppose because there's really no backroom at Forever 21. We were given an availability sheet and asked to fill out the hours we could work. We were also informed that as part of our agreement with the company, we were not allowed to work at any other company that sold women's apparel.

For the interview itself, we were asked a question and then answered in a round robin fashion. The managers took notes on the backs of our availability sheets. The questions I can recall are: How would you react/deal with witnessing another employee stealing from the company? what is a popular spring trend? what motivates us? We were asked for questions at the end before we all left.

I received a call a day or two later. I was told what my starting salary would be. I tried to negotiate but the offer was firm. I accepted the offer, but declined a few days later when I received a better offer from another employer.

Received a better offer.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Riverside, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Conversation was friendly, and very relaxed. They asked to see my fashion knowledge by asking to prepare an outfit for a scenario.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to get out of working here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Smyrna, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was just like the others have described on here. There were about 20 of us interviewed all at once in a corner in the mall! Extremely unprofessional!!! I am surprised they chose me because I didn't feel like I really got a chance to show my personality or skills. They didn't even ask about my skills, it was all about my outfit. (this explains why they have such poor service!)

Very unprofessional and CRAZY hours

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Short Hills, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

Heard about the new store opening and they did open interviews and I literally walk in filled out an application handed in my resume the assistant manager asked me two questions (she didnt even want to do the interview) and said I was hired on the spot. The next day I did my training and the day after I officially started working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my salary and I wish I did. Advice to others is to really ask what is your duties on the job because you may want to take that into consideration for how much you get paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Beaumont, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Manager called and asked if I could come in after seeing my application. When I can in he asked why I wanted to work there and asked me t put together an outfit within 5 mins. He ended up loving the outfit and put it on a manican. He told me me would give me a call back in a few days after he finished interviewing the other applicants but he would be sure to put in the good word for me. He call a couple days later but I had to decline.

Interview Questions

I had to move locations immediately.