Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A..

Interview

Skype interview was the only interview that took place. After the interview I got the offer letter the next day. Also got a call from HR to discuss all the benefits and starting date. Other than that nothing really stands out.

Interview Questions

• Experience with NEMA, ANSI, NEC code. Relay experience and power system in general   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. (Livingston, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two senior engineers and a hiring manager at the same time. They went through my resume and told me about the company and also the industry. I was asked about my career path and some technical questions.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Lavaca, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. (Port Lavaca, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

A guy met me in the lobby and we went to an conference room. There were 3 interviewers. They read my resume and ask my background experiences and projects and I believe they were interested in CAD, solidworks, thermal/fluid mechanics. Many behaviors questions for an entry level position. Good experience. People are kind and the place is comfortable.

Interview Questions

• what will you do if you meet a conflict with your collegue   Answer Question
    • Describe some undergraduate courses about CAD, thermal, fluid mechanics, etc   1 Answer
    • are you able to deal with multi tasks/projects in the same time?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Talk with HR regard as the interview process. Then meet with managers to go over resume. They will ask some technical questions. If you don't know the answer, need to tell them honestly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Point Comfort, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. (Point Comfort, TX).

Interview

Initial interaction with the HR representative is pretty good; although the HR rep. did withhold information regarding the job position. Actual interview took half a day and consisted of a panel which included the hiring supervisor and some of the department employees. The panel took some time to get to know the interviewer and then proceeds with the company's standard interview protocol of questions.

Afterward, the company's reimbursement for travel is received in a timely fashion. However, the same cannot be said about the company's decision regarding the interview. HR rep. says to allow 2 weeks regarding the decision, but does not respond to e-mail once the 2 weeks has elapsed. Don't expect to hear anything from the HR rep. if the interviewer was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is something that is non-negotiable?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you did not have everything you needed. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Work is not finished during work hours. Do you attribute that to:

1) Poor time management
      2) Bad prioritization
      3) Too much work to be done

Justify your answer.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A..

Interview

Long interview with an exam given at the end.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Point Comfort, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. (Point Comfort, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview is pretty straight forward, they set up a few questions that you're not suppose to know the answer to just to test your analytical skill. The location is pretty remote but they have a very clear guidance of the interview process, and of course they reimburse you all of the traveling expense including one night at the hotel.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you overcome an obstacle by holding firm on your ground.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. (Livingston, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, first round interview with supervisor, second round interview with department director and HR. Overall each round interview takes 30 minutes, if they don't like you and then you will be escorted outside immediately.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Lavaca, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. (Port Lavaca, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Barely minimum. They just want to know you can talk well and your credentials are good.
    In person interview for entry level positions is a formality as long as they like your credentials

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This starts with a contract employment with Formosa and full time with Testengeer.
    For entry level, they didnt budge from their offer. Unsatisfactory, but thats the same for everyone.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. (Livingston, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

It is a tightly connected inter-personal community, which means that it is much easier to get an interview or an offer if you know someone from inside, just like any other companies. Referral could possibly make the interview a "stamp process". A test was given, but a general passing grade is just what is expected. It is hard to say who is the decision maker, it could be the first person during hte interview process, although who may not be the top-positioned person during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Any expreience on Accounting rule such and such? (The question was very technical-oriented.)   Answer Question