Forrester Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester in September 2016.

Interview

First phase was a call with the acquisition team rep. We discussed my resume, the job requirements, salary (60% fixed, rest on commission).

Next round: 4 interviews (with regional and local sales management). Learned there is quite a high turnover rate within sales team. First year target apparently very challenging, 2nd year up >40%. Unclear how campaigns/ marketing activities support this.

Final round: sales presentation. Had to choose a prospect and present to them (same team in the room as before, but now incl regional vp sales). Questions during the presentation are described below. The next day I got the negative feedback (i.e. no offer).

Overall quite messy comms across the process, delays in providing feedback etc.

Interview Questions

• What is the elevator pitch you would give about AoC (Age of Customer), what does this mean to you?
    Which 4 clients would be the first ones you would approach?
    What can you tell me about the eco-system of analysts and sales (internal @ Forrester)?
    How would you safeguard the client relationship from an analyst (= fellow colleague)?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Forrester

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forrester (Nashville, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at Forrester and met with several different members of the team at their office. Interview was pretty straight forward and I was in and out in about an hour and a half. I received an email later than afternoon telling me they were interested in having me interview for a different position within the company and to call them back as soon as I could. After a full week of calling daily trying to get in touch with any of them and sending multiple emails I finally gave up. It's a shame, they touted their great company culture but conducted themselves pretty unprofessionally in this instance. It isn't the first time I've been rejected after an interview and it won't be the last but I was pretty surprised that they were that rude and unprofessional to tell me to reach back out to them for a different job only to ignore me entirely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen>Hiring Manager phone screen>four 30 minute in-person interviews back to back>invited back to present and out to lunch. Matt Lyle was hands down the best recruiter I’ve worked with over the years. Genuine, responsive, caring, professional. The executive team I interviewed with had elite level process knowledge, leadership qualities and professionalism. Sales leaders are top caliber mentors and coaches in the tech world. Genuinely care about your development and cultural fit. I felt at ease and comfortable throughout the entire process – zero pressure (besides pressure to win). These guys are rockstars from front desk to VP. I look forward to keeping in touch with all of them, especially Matt Lyle.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What is your selling process?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

The process was extremely slow. From the initial phone call until the final interview was nearly 3 months. Communication was seriously lacking as I had to reach out to the HR person numerous times to find out if I was even still being considered. The people were very friendly and the process was interesting, but the lack of communication was frustrating, especially when it took more than two weeks after the interview and multiple phone calls and emails from me to get a voicemail from the HR person letting me know they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions

• A sales presentation had to be created and presented via video conference.   Answer Question

Forrester Response

Apr 28, 2014 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. I am so sorry to hear the process took so long. We typically fill our Sales roles within 35 days, so am disappointed to hear about a 3 month process. More over, I am very... More

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Dallas, TX).

Interview

3-4 interviews. They moved rather quickly. They are looking for people that are quality "hunters". They prefer young people that they can grind down rather that Sr. people that will quickly grow tired of their childish call/count requirements, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be when you grow up   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.....i took what they offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

Initial phone screen with Forrester recruiter, followed by 2 additional phone screens with the prospective manager and the manager of a complimentary group. Invited in to interview with 5 others face to face. They paid for my plane travel and accomodations to Cambridge, MA.

Once there, I had lunch with the prospective manager which doubled as an interview. Then met with the manager of a key account management team, the manager for the inside sales team, the head of talent acquisition (HR), one senior analyst and the company's sales training consultant.

Each individual interview was about 45 minutes concluding with a 30 minute, 12 slide powerpoint presentation in which I was to present my 30/60/90 day sales plan.

The office and culture seemed fantastic. Really great atmosphere. Each floor in their HQ was a specific musical decade theme. I spent much of my time on the '60's floor with pictures of Jimi Hendrix and the Beatles. Really great group of people in my opinion.

I did everything correct and was told that I gave the best presentation they had ever seen of a prospective candidate, yet I came in 2nd to another candidate and only one position was open at the time.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strategy or methodology for building and implementing an account management plan.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

First stage was a very polite and personable 30 minute chat with the Sales Director in the London office. We discussed my background and also how Forrester operates in terms of sales approach and a few more insights on the company. Next stage (after a lot of me chasing) was over a week later and was again a discussion with the same director, a separate 121 with the sales team manager and then a tele-conference call with a different director (which was cut short). Each person was pleasant though I got the feeling they were looking for specific, almost scripted answers. It was a good experience yet I encourage them to hint what they would like to discuss so candidates can be better prepared.

Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial telephone Interview with manager and team member followed by a face to face interview. Face to face interviews are broken down into 3 separate interviews. First will be with a member of HR, second with a the accounts manager and lastly a third with a potential work colleague from the team.

I felt the initial telephone interviews were not done correctly as I outlined my skills clearly at that phase and when called in for the face to face interviews, the Accounts Manager harshly asked me why I was even there?

Apart from that I felt both the HR manager and team member interviewers were very polite, friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What have you heard/know about Forrester?   Answer Question