Forrester Interview Questions in Cambridge, MA | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

3.2

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and then several members of the team. I was given a case study and asked to present my approach to the client ask to members of the consulting team in-office. The interview process was intense, but a wonderful experience - I got a great sense of the consulting capability and the types of projects they manage. From beginning to end, my recruiter kept me in the loop - providing feedback from the interviews, following up quickly with next steps, and answering any questions I had about the process, role, team, and organization. I can genuinely say this was the best interview process I've ever gone through.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

A pretty extensive, but enjoyable process:
    - Phone interview discussion with HR
    - Phone interview with hiring manager
    - Half-day of interviews with team members (in person and on video conference)
    - Write a sample report (with editorial assistance from hiring manager)
    - Presentation

Webinar Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied in April and got the offer in May. Everyone I talked to was incredibly nice and outgoing. Typical interview questions that you should be preparing for. I interviewed all over phone and web because I went to school out of town. The process was very smooth and my recruiter was awesome. From the time I had the interview, to the time I got the offer, the salary even went up by 2,000 which you don't see much in other companies.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why does Forrester interest you?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter, and subsequently spoke with the hiring manager and members of the TEI practice's staff and leadership. I was asked to put together a writing sample and financial model related to a relevant business decision and presented my analysis to the TEI team in Forrester's Cambridge office. The whole experience was wonderful and gave me a clear view of the types of engagements the firm works on and quality of the people whom they hire. This was without a shadow of a doubt the best interview experience I've had in my career.

Senior Data Insight Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Forrester and I went back and forth for many months, but it was worth it. No complaints about the process. Recruiters, hiring managers, and team were great. I wish I had gotten a job offer from them but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Data Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Day 1, 30 minute interview with HR,
    Day 2, HR called at 9am and asked if I could find time to interview over the phone by 1pm, 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager, after interview HR asked me to come in the next day
    Day 3, 2 hour interview on site with 3 employees- all nice & familiar with the position and company (however, 2 with less than 2 yrs at the company),
    Day 6, received an email with a research project to present in 1 week,
    Days 7-Days 13, spent 40 hours analyzing data and creating a ppt.
    Day 14, presented 30 minutes on site to 7 employees (of which 4 were VP's and of the 7, 2 were over the phone). Upon completion of interview, HR rep said, you'll be hearing from us 'soon', and 'hopefully later today'. No word that day. (they set expectations here, but didn't follow through)
    Day 15- no communication
    Day 16- no communication
    Day 17 no communication- finally I sent an email follow up and didn't receive a response, if they were undecided, they could have at least responded that it was taking longer than expected, etc.
    Day 18, I called and HR told me another candidate was selected, I'm not sure if they were planning to f/u or not- had I not called.

Overall, the process was time consuming and eventually disappointing. Project received was vague and data was lacking in it's ability to tell a statistically valid story (also contained errors and transpositions). Data file had 384 variables for me to 'play with' to find research results- so I spent more than 40 hours with the file, in hindsight, I put in far too much effort, but based on the interviews and process, it seemed promising. It was challenging to present skills and a finished/polished presentation with results at a simplified level. Also, they wanted me to demonstrated advanced statistical methods, but when I presented- the people in the room had no understanding of these methods- or more like a superficial understanding. They wanted me to demonstrate abilities and competency with advanced statistically techniques but present at a simplified level- still showing my capabilities. They should have been clear up front- that the majority of people viewing the presentation wouldn't understand the more complicated statistics, since they were asking me to showcase analytical abilities for an analyst position. No background information or detailed questions (customer X has these issues or questions) or methodology were provided for the exercise, just a survey instrument. Also, some of the computed variables were created with 'proprietary' (unknown) formulas and it was unclear whether or not weighting was used, it at all. They also expected the ppt to follow their template with branding and color/style guide, etc.

The process felt straightforward and was positive, those I interacted with were all nice as well as smart and appeared quite competent in their roles. They communicated clearly and often and then appeared to give up after I put in a significant amount of effort. Also, I'm not sure they understood what they were asking of me, paperwork said, "there is no right answer", but clearly there was a wrong answer.

Interview Questions

• See above- analysis project. Interview questions were straightforward and appropriate for the position. People were friendly, enthusiastic and smart/capable. The interview did not appear difficult, but it must have been if I was not selected.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen>Hiring Manager phone screen>four 30 minute in-person interviews back to back>invited back to present and out to lunch. Matt Lyle was hands down the best recruiter I’ve worked with over the years. Genuine, responsive, caring, professional. The executive team I interviewed with had elite level process knowledge, leadership qualities and professionalism. Sales leaders are top caliber mentors and coaches in the tech world. Genuinely care about your development and cultural fit. I felt at ease and comfortable throughout the entire process – zero pressure (besides pressure to win). These guys are rockstars from front desk to VP. I look forward to keeping in touch with all of them, especially Matt Lyle.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What is your selling process?   1 Answer

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Had a phone screen with HR/recruiter first. Super friendly, really helpful, really transparent about openings in the role and what to expect in the next steps of the process. In person interview was 5 1:1's with more senior people, very casual, mostly talked about what they do, how the company is structured, very informal. Lastly got to talk to a woman who was currently in the role I was applying for. Very helpful. Overall, very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a challenge, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Was looking to re-locate.

Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process at Forrester Research was quite bizarre. After attending their open house and speaking extensively with the recruiter about the ADM role, I had moved on to the final stage of interviews.

When I arrived, the HR rep was almost 20 minutes late in greeting me. The four employees that I interviewed with seemed to have already made up their minds before entering the room that they weren't interested in hiring me. One interviewer, in particular, was very condescending.

After three hours of conversations, I waited over half an hour for the HR rep to dismiss me. She never showed up. I went to reception and was told that she was nowhere to be found.

The recruiter who had initially contacted me then emailed me and said that I would be contacted by the end of the week either way. It wasn't until two weeks later that she called and gave a weird excuse as to why I wasn't moving on. After saying that the interviewers didn't get the, "Why Forrester?" vibe from me, the recruiter said that I should apply again for perhaps another role in the company.

My experience with Forrester felt like a big waste of time.

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was completed in four rounds. First I had a phone screening with the talent acquisition specialist. She was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. I was lucky to find that she would be my go-to person throughout the entire process, always timely and courteous in her responses to my many questions. (Kristine is incredible and deserves to be recognized!) The next step involved speaking with the hiring manager/who I would report to if receiving and accepting an offer. It was an hour long phone call that was relatively casual and offered me a great opportunity to learn more about the role and the team. The third round was more intense as it was three hours long, with six individuals from across the marketing department, and in person. I had approximately 30 minutes with each person. Every person, from the CMO to the hiring manager, came with thoughtful, detail-oriented questions. What most impressed me was that each person also allowed me (to an extent) to dictate how my time was spent -- understanding that just as they were interviewing me, I was also interviewing them. I felt comfortable enough to ask a variety of questions and received what I thought to be very candid responses. This experience was crucial in solidifying the positive initial impression I had of Forrester. The final round was supposed to include an hour long presentation, but instead was adjusted to be an in person interview that was roughly 2.5 hours long. It involved meeting with two individuals I had already spoken with during the third round, in addition to two individuals that I would be working with if receiving and accepting an offer. Though still technically an 'interview', it was very relaxed and allowed me to explore if this was truly a good fit. Though I normally would say that four rounds is too much, I was glad that they took their time. I don't want to work with just anyone, and I am glad that they clearly don't hire 'just anyone'.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me? (Have many questions, both broad and specific, prepared.)   Answer Question
    • How does working at Forrester fit into your overall career goals?   Answer Question
    • Explain when you were a leader and let your team down. What were the repercussions and what was your takeaway?   Answer Question
    • What is your learning style?   Answer Question