Forrester Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

3.2

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

Completely unprofessional experience with Forrester, which is shocking considering how much they seem to "value" the recruiting process. Similar to someone below, I was contacted by a recruiter after applying online. In our brief phone screen, she expressed directly that this sounded like a good match and she wanted to set another call up. Didn't hear back for three weeks even after sending a follow-up, and this is pretty much how things continued. For about two months I patiently waited for sporadic and poor follow-up even after I was told things were great and I was being moved along. Interviews were constantly rescheduled or canceled day of, and in the end the recruiter failed to keep me up to speed, provide feedback, or tell me another candidate was selected midway through the process. I'm truly baffled with the lack of courtesy, respect, and professionalism in this experience. Also, based on an inside source I spoke to, the recruiter told me the maximum salary was 15-20% less than what other individuals in the same role at the company were being paid.

Interview Questions

• Why Forrester, why this role? What are your project management skills like?   Answer Question

Jul 10, 2017 – VP, Global Talent Acquisition

We do value the recruiting process and we strive to keep the candidate at the forefront of our hiring efforts. I’m sorry that was not your experience. I know that the Consultant interviewing process... More

Other Interview Reviews for Forrester

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and then several members of the team. I was given a case study and asked to present my approach to the client ask to members of the consulting team in-office. The interview process was intense, but a wonderful experience - I got a great sense of the consulting capability and the types of projects they manage. From beginning to end, my recruiter kept me in the loop - providing feedback from the interviews, following up quickly with next steps, and answering any questions I had about the process, role, team, and organization. I can genuinely say this was the best interview process I've ever gone through.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter, and subsequently spoke with the hiring manager and members of the TEI practice's staff and leadership. I was asked to put together a writing sample and financial model related to a relevant business decision and presented my analysis to the TEI team in Forrester's Cambridge office. The whole experience was wonderful and gave me a clear view of the types of engagements the firm works on and quality of the people whom they hire. This was without a shadow of a doubt the best interview experience I've had in my career.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I learned about the job opening through an employee referral. Within a couple of hours of my friend sending the Forrester recruiter my resume, I received a call. Within a few days of that initial call (it was on a Friday), I had follow-up calls with the hiring manager and a team member.

After those calls, I was sent a data file and a Powerpoint template with instructions to create a client-facing presentation based on the data and certain project assumptions and parameters as well as a blog promoting the final deliverable. I was then brought in to interview with the group VP, director, and team and presented my presentation to the group (both on-site and remote). The group asked questions during and after the presentation about my analysis. The face-to-face interviews were pretty straightforward, but the data exercise and presentation required a lot of preparation.

I received a call from the recruiter that afternoon and had a written offer within four days.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall the specific questions they asked me, but they weren't out of the ordinary for the responsibilities of the position and my experience.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter shorty after. A phone interview was scheduled a few days later, but was then rescheduled for another day. The recruiter never called for the rescheduled interview.

Interview Questions

Forrester Response

Dec 9, 2014 – VP, Talent Acquisition

I am disappointed to hear about the lack of follow up from the recruiter. I'd like to learn a bit more about your poor experience. Can you shoot me an email to connect? aeldred@forrester.com... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Forrester (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

There is a four-step interview process hat begins with a screening from HR. The second interview is with a team member in the same role while the third is with the team lead. Then, I was advised of the last step in the process for which a case study was assigned on a Friday, to be analyzed and prepared over the weekend with delivery to the team on Monday. The team would decide on the hire. Compensation discussions occurred before I got to the fourth step and impeded the process.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult questions - most interviews turned into discussions to confirm my knowledge and experience aligned well or that I was a quick learner and easily adaptable.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screen with an HR person. It was very straight forward, but I did have to email the individual twice to get a response.

Second interview was with a senior consultant in the group. This interview was a discussion of my background and why I would be a good fit for the group. Again, this interview very straight forward.

The third interview was with a director of the group. This is the interview in which I received the case question (refer to the "most difficult question" section). I was told that my answer was perfect. I was also told at the end of the interview that this person was going to send me information to review and that he was excited to speak with me again regarding the job after I had reviewed the materials. This was apparently a lie since I was not contacted by the company until I emailed the director and HR person several times each.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was fairly straightforward with one case question in the third round. I was asked what information I would like to know to decide whether or not a company should implement a project.   1 Answer

Aug 11, 2014 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback on your interview process at Forrester. While we strive to be proactive and keep up strong communication with each and every candidate, there are times where clearly... More

Consultant Interview

Interview

I was contacted by the hr and scheduled a phone interview later that week. The interview was typical. Basically we went through my recent research experiences. Talked about the skills I used in the research. She also asked about whether I'm willing to relocate and my salary expectation.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Started with phone screening - brief call with recruiter and a senior individual in consulting practice. I then had 5 in-person interviews. Mostly culture fit but also to gauge communicating with senior business leaders; one case interview.

Communicated with recruiter a couple more times to answer remaining questions. Was offered the position within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Case question: What's the market opportunity for video communication in APAC?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation, numbers were agreed on pretty quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Forrester (Boston, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

First, I sent in a resume from an open job posting that was pointed out to me by an alumni acquaintance.Within about a week, I received an email message from an HR representative to schedule a phone interview. Because of the 4th of July, we had to put off the phone interview until the next week, the day after the holiday. At a pre-arranged day and time, the HR rep called me and we spoke for about a half hour. There was a 3-hour time difference between us since I was on the West Coast and she was on the East Coast.

This was a screening interview which, later on, proved to be a courtesy interview. Maybe to fulfill a statistic that the company follows up on most/all applicants? Not sure, but I found out at the end of the interview that the company had already found a candidate and was in the final round of interviewing that person, so this interview seemed to fulfill a requirement.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me how your skills and experience match the job requirements?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Forrester Research?   1 Answer
    • What salary are you looking for?   2 Answers