Forrester Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forrester Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

3.1

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

The screening process was wonderful--the recruiter I spoke with was very friendly and casual. But definitely prepare for this as you would an interview. Be prepared to share relevant experience, your strengths/weaknesses, what you know about Forrester, etc.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me a bit about yourself.
      -What do you know about Forrester?
      -What kind of role do you typically have within a group?
      Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

Just as outlined on the company website, the hiring process for a research / analyst role (any level) requires several interviews - some phone, some in-person - and a writing assignment you do with the hiring manager. If you're selected to continue from there, you'll make a presentation to a number of people in various roles - some will attend in person, others via video con or WebEx.

Interview Questions

• Background and experience questions. Good, intense and challenging questions, asking for your point of view on industry and topics relevant to the role. You'll give your POV - expect additional probing. You'll get some "suppose you were in this situation" questions, asking "what would you do?" The expectation is that you are quick on your feet, give clear "real examples," and definitive. Expect to get pushback on your answers - primarily to see how you handle that. If you've ever interviewed for management or strategy consulting, you know the drill. If you have not, do some prep on that approach.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

The interview was organized and efficient. Very respectful of my time. Started with a phone interview then one long in-person meeting with several individuals. The interview was organized and efficient. Very respectful of my time. Started with a phone interview then one long in-person meeting with several individuals.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Forrester in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got call from recruiter who was really cool, he set me up for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Talked with hiring manager for about 30 minutes asked same redundant questions walk me through your resume. Almost week later never heard back which is not good news. Recruiter said he choose a retread sales guy with industry experience and an internal candidate wtf??? He really liked my background but had to pick two. I had no clue they had internal candidates. I will never apply again.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester in October 2015.

Interview

Terrible. Appalling communication breakdown between hiring manager and HR contact. Tons of interviews then a presentation. I was told by my HR recruiter that I did a "great job" ...only to hear from the head of the team that it was a "complete bellyflop" amongst other really inappropriate feedback. Nice/professional huh? Great way to sell the company and culture.... Even so I was then asked to meet with the more senior member of the company. He was going to be in NJ in a week but I chose to assert my desire to work with the group by driving 380 miles to Boston to meet earlier. Great discussion with the senior leader - told me I could present better than 70% of the existing team and that the previous "bellyflop" comment was indicative of the kind of guy leading the group. I also suggested that I once again meet with the team lead - who was not the person the interview schedule was intended to revolve around - but given my own work schedule had to push it back an hour...I met with him and his team for close to an additional 4 hours .The HR contact told me that my request to reschedule (after all the time taken off from work) was the deal breaker....She said this second chance to meet was an "olive branch" extension lol... I have never been through a more discombobulated exchange where the HR is telling you one thing (positive indicators) and then the team lead is brutally undressing you in a manner I have never experienced professionally.

Interview Questions

Forrester Response

Nov 2, 2015 – VP, Global Talent Acquisition

I'm sorry and disappointed that you experienced Forrester at far below our best. Your experience is not typical. Forrester prides itself on a hiring process that is reflective of our culture ... More

Researcher Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

Phone screen, then phone interview, followed by in person and video interviews, and then a short written assignment. The interview process went exactly as described on their website, which made the whole thing very smooth as a candidate. There were no surprises, and it is one of the best interview processes I've experienced.

Senior Data Insight Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Forrester and I went back and forth for many months, but it was worth it. No complaints about the process. Recruiters, hiring managers, and team were great. I wish I had gotten a job offer from them but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Principal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

4 phone meetings, 30 minutes each. Several of the interviews started late. Met with several colleagues and was able to ask them anything I wanted-- in fact, it seemed more like me driving the conversation. That's probably intentional since with this role you would be doing a lot of that.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know what made me interested in the job, since it had several components.   1 Answer

Data Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Day 1, 30 minute interview with HR,
    Day 2, HR called at 9am and asked if I could find time to interview over the phone by 1pm, 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager, after interview HR asked me to come in the next day
    Day 3, 2 hour interview on site with 3 employees- all nice & familiar with the position and company (however, 2 with less than 2 yrs at the company),
    Day 6, received an email with a research project to present in 1 week,
    Days 7-Days 13, spent 40 hours analyzing data and creating a ppt.
    Day 14, presented 30 minutes on site to 7 employees (of which 4 were VP's and of the 7, 2 were over the phone). Upon completion of interview, HR rep said, you'll be hearing from us 'soon', and 'hopefully later today'. No word that day. (they set expectations here, but didn't follow through)
    Day 15- no communication
    Day 16- no communication
    Day 17 no communication- finally I sent an email follow up and didn't receive a response, if they were undecided, they could have at least responded that it was taking longer than expected, etc.
    Day 18, I called and HR told me another candidate was selected, I'm not sure if they were planning to f/u or not- had I not called.

Overall, the process was time consuming and eventually disappointing. Project received was vague and data was lacking in it's ability to tell a statistically valid story (also contained errors and transpositions). Data file had 384 variables for me to 'play with' to find research results- so I spent more than 40 hours with the file, in hindsight, I put in far too much effort, but based on the interviews and process, it seemed promising. It was challenging to present skills and a finished/polished presentation with results at a simplified level. Also, they wanted me to demonstrated advanced statistical methods, but when I presented- the people in the room had no understanding of these methods- or more like a superficial understanding. They wanted me to demonstrate abilities and competency with advanced statistically techniques but present at a simplified level- still showing my capabilities. They should have been clear up front- that the majority of people viewing the presentation wouldn't understand the more complicated statistics, since they were asking me to showcase analytical abilities for an analyst position. No background information or detailed questions (customer X has these issues or questions) or methodology were provided for the exercise, just a survey instrument. Also, some of the computed variables were created with 'proprietary' (unknown) formulas and it was unclear whether or not weighting was used, it at all. They also expected the ppt to follow their template with branding and color/style guide, etc.

The process felt straightforward and was positive, those I interacted with were all nice as well as smart and appeared quite competent in their roles. They communicated clearly and often and then appeared to give up after I put in a significant amount of effort. Also, I'm not sure they understood what they were asking of me, paperwork said, "there is no right answer", but clearly there was a wrong answer.

Interview Questions

• See above- analysis project. Interview questions were straightforward and appropriate for the position. People were friendly, enthusiastic and smart/capable. The interview did not appear difficult, but it must have been if I was not selected.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester in August 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews took place, I lived out of state so an in-person interview was not an option, after the second interview I heard back within the week and was emailed the news by a recruiter saying they were putting together an offer for me, the offer came within the next week and I accepted, and moved across the country for the job