Forrester Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Forrester Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jun 15, 2017

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I first received an email through Linkedin from HR about an opportunity in Sales Development to which a 30 to 45 minute phone screening took place. This was followed by a phone interview with the Director of Sales and finally 3 face to face interviews with Account Managers and Directors of Sales. One problem is the hypocrisy that Forrester Research stands for 'Challenging Thinking and Leading Change' when this is something I never felt Senior Managers exhibited during the interview when I asked them about staff retention in the Sales Department at Forrester. The Director was attempting to positively explaining how great they are at retaining staff when past reviews by former Sales employees show the complete opposite. However, the HR team were very helpful during the process and keep you well informed every step of the way. It sounds like a great company to work for excluding the bureaucracy which exists at the very top and continues to go against what Forrester actually stands for as a brand. I felt you couldn't challenge the views or intentions of Senior Managers and would only succeed by conforming to orders, something we all know is an outdated management concept. And the funny thing is their client base hasn't increased in the past years raising questions as to how effective Sales have been at partnering with potential clients.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Forrester?
      What do you know about Forrester?
      What do you understand about the role?

Forrester Response

Mar 7, 2017 – VP, Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to interview with us and share your experience. I’m glad to hear you found your partnership with our Recruiting team in London helpful. Challenging thinking, making the ... More

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn
    1-Phone interview with HR - Friendly and easy screening interview
    2-Phone interview with Research Director - Case study
    3-Face to face long interview with members of the team - Background, skills and case study questions
    4-Plus two other Skype interviews with people from other locations - Discussion about some topics

Interview Questions

• What's the Age of the Customer?
      Name some disruptive technologies you know
      Why do you want to join the company?
      What do you think about the impact of technology on today's world
      Examples you showing initiative
      Examples of "going the extra mile"

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

In person interview with standard HR and technical questions for about half an hour to 45 minutes followed by a brief technical test which took about 20 minutes. I was given several objects and asked to decide what they were for and their key features as well as talk about previous research experience.

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in 5 years time   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a short 10 mins phone interview with a recruiter. She was very pleased with things I had to say about the company. Unfortunately we both decided not to proceed further after she told me about the salary - was too low and non negotiable.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

First stage was a very polite and personable 30 minute chat with the Sales Director in the London office. We discussed my background and also how Forrester operates in terms of sales approach and a few more insights on the company. Next stage (after a lot of me chasing) was over a week later and was again a discussion with the same director, a separate 121 with the sales team manager and then a tele-conference call with a different director (which was cut short). Each person was pleasant though I got the feeling they were looking for specific, almost scripted answers. It was a good experience yet I encourage them to hint what they would like to discuss so candidates can be better prepared.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

- online application on LinkedIn (Recruiter)
    - phone interview (very general, talk about yourself (strengths/weaknesses) but also prepare questions about the company and the role
    - personal interview with 3 different managers (very different levels within the company)
    - final presentation in front of 4 people (two directors)

Interview Questions

• - your background
      - why this role
      - why Forrester
      - why you fit perfect into the company's concept

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

4 steps interview: HR, Country leader, Area leader, Final presentation (HR+analysts+area Managers)

the first three are normal interviews to know you, your experience and your attitude. The last one consists in preparing a peak for a client (real or fake) to show all ecosystem your capabilities to present in public, your business acumen and your selling style.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Brilliant communication during the process. I was very well looked after by the recruiter at Forrester Research and received relevant information to prepare for different stages of the interview process. The company was open to me asking questions about the process and preparation and ensured that I clearly understood the presentation task.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself, how would your friends describe you and then how wold your colleagues describe you.   Answer Question

Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial telephone Interview with manager and team member followed by a face to face interview. Face to face interviews are broken down into 3 separate interviews. First will be with a member of HR, second with a the accounts manager and lastly a third with a potential work colleague from the team.

I felt the initial telephone interviews were not done correctly as I outlined my skills clearly at that phase and when called in for the face to face interviews, the Accounts Manager harshly asked me why I was even there?

Apart from that I felt both the HR manager and team member interviewers were very polite, friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What have you heard/know about Forrester?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

It was first a telephone interview with the recruitment agent at Forrester then another telephone interview with the Manager/ Head of the Department the applied position was for. Pretty much the usual questions were asked - about previous experiences and elaborating on CV content.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a difficult team member to deal with?   Answer Question