Forrester Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forrester Research Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Forrester

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in June 2019.

Interview

Initial screening call with the recruiter, another call with the hiring manager and had to come in for an in-person interview with the team. Met individually with 2 analysts, the hiring manager and other researchers/research associates. It was a half-day interview process.

Interview Questions

• What type of people do you work best with?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Forrester

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was soon contacted by recruiter for a phone interview to get first impressions. We had a pleasant call and I was soon connected to the hiring manager afterwards for another phone interview. The hiring manager gave a more in-depth description of the role and how the responsibilities of the Research Associate aide the ongoing research. The information about the role given by the hiring manager coincided with what the recruiter shared with me, which gave me a great scope of what it was they were looking for in a candidate. It was very transparent.

Afterwards, the recruiter reached out to me again for a follow-up interview at their NY office. There I met with the other members of the team, including the hiring manager. The interview with each member really made this experience stand out from other interviews I've gone to. The discussion with each member flowed very organically, in that it was very natural and comfortable to respond to their questions. They asked about my experience and aspirations, but were structured in a way that was conversational.

Advice to people interviewing for this role: Make sure you know your experience inside and out. They've already read your resume. What they're looking forward to hearing about is how your previous work experience impacted your skills and how you can apply that to the role.

Overall this was one of the best interviews I've ever gone to - hands down!

Interview Questions

• Just as I mentioned before, knowing how to properly describe each of your prior work experiences should be more than enough to help you answer their questions. Make sure your descriptions are concise but gives the interviewers a notion of what you accomplished and what you took away from those experiences.   Answer Question

Jul 17, 2018

Thank you for the very thoughtful feedback. I'm thrilled you had such a positive experience and greatly appreciate you taking the time to explore Forrester.

Julie Kelly
    Director - Talent Acquisition

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forrester in January 2018.

Interview

Traditional "super" day of interviews. Met with various personnel in various work roles at Forrester, ranging from HR specialists who answered questions about the logistics of work at Forrester, to more senior analysts who had a high-level understanding of the company's operations.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

I wish I could describe the process, but after being contacted by a Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist for an interview, I was mislead to think I would be speaking with the previously mentioned employee not once, but five times. This includes agreeing to times and changing them last minute, cancellation of calls, and flatout forgetting to call me.

It is incredibly disappointing that this company treats potential new hires this way, and for an apparently well respected company, quite telling of how things may actually work there.

Interview Questions

Forrester Response

Oct 30, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. The experience you describe is not the experience we'd like candidates to have in the interview process. If you would be willing to share more detail with me, please do reach out directly. My email address is jkelly@forrester.com
    Thank you and I hope to hear from you.

Julie Kelly
    Director - Talent Acquisition

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying online, a recruiter reached out to me over email. We set up time for a phone interview, then I had another phone interview two days later with the head of the department, and then I was asked to come in for a marathon 2.5 hour interview a week later. I never heard back after that.

I came out of the marathon interview feeling very positive about the entire process. Regardless of offer, I was happy with how great everyone had been. I sent in thank yous to everyone I met with. A week later I sent a follow up email to the recruiter. It's been approximately one month since the interview and I never heard anything back - which has really dimmed my opinion. I now feel like my time was not valued by Forrester. When you have a marathon interview, you should hear back one way or the other, it's just far more respectful that way.

Interview Questions

Forrester Response

Jul 10, 2017 – VP, Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback. We do value and appreciate the time you devoted to the interview process at Forrester. A half day of interviews can be strenuous and we know it takes a significant time commitment to prepare for those interviews. I appreciate your interest in Forrester and for making that investment in us. I am sorry we did not close the loop during your interview process – we strive to keep candidates better informed as we make hiring decisions. Despite your frustration, I hope you will keep us in mind for future opportunities. Feel free to reach out to me if there is any more you’d like to share at tdemello@forrester.com. Tom DeMello

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Forrester (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Pretty basic, straightforward interview process. Phone screen with a recruiter, phone interview with the research director hiring for the position, round of in-person interviews with a mix of research directors, analysts, and current RAs. Interviews were pretty laid back with more of a conversational feel rather than an interrogation. Lots of importance placed on being able to manage multiple projects/priorities, work with potentially difficult analysts, and interest/passion for marketing/martech.

Ultimately a candidate with slightly more relevant experience was chosen. It's rare I find myself not upset when I'm not extended an offer but the experience was so transparent, straightforward, and respectful, I didn't really mind. The reasoning for the decision was made totally transparent and was pretty logical in my mind. The recruiter provided feedback which is something that, as a candidate, I always really appreciate.

While this specific role wasn't a fit at this time, the process left me with such positive view of Forrester as an organization that I'll never hesitate to apply to positions there in the future.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with having to "manage up"?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of: 1 phone interview with HR. 1 phone interview with hiring manager. And finally an in person interview day. During the interview day there were 4-5 30 minute interviews with various people on the hiring team.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past research projects I have done. Other behavioral questions. No tricky questions.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Forrester in March 2017.

Interview

As a whole my interview process was well organized and HR was thorough and helpful. I was just very put-off by the head of the team I was interviewing for. The phone interview went well until he asked if I had any questions, I asked about his experience/role and he said it was a very canned question. Everyone comes into interviews with a set of questions, yes, but I just politely laughed it off. But then during the in-person interview when I asked about the structure of the department he said "don't take this the wrong way, but why are you asking this?" I was very confused and wanted to the interview as quickly as possible. He made it a very awkward and uncomfortable experience, stating he worked the least amount on the team and laughing.

Interview Questions

• I was given a slide from a typical report and asked to point out any and all errors   Answer Question

Sep 11, 2017

Thank you for the thorough feedback. If you'd be willing to share more information, please do contact me directly at jkelly@forrester.com
    Julie Kelly, Director - Talent Acquisition

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

The screening process was wonderful--the recruiter I spoke with was very friendly and casual. But definitely prepare for this as you would an interview. Be prepared to share relevant experience, your strengths/weaknesses, what you know about Forrester, etc.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me a bit about yourself.
      -What do you know about Forrester?
      -What kind of role do you typically have within a group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was quick and pleasant. I spoke with the recruiter and the research director, then met with the research director, a research associate, and an analyst. My biggest complaint is I feel I was not given an accurate description of the role. It is posed as a research job, but it's really just a project management role with a lot of admin work.