Forrester Sales Development Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forrester Sales Development Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Had a phone screen with HR/recruiter first. Super friendly, really helpful, really transparent about openings in the role and what to expect in the next steps of the process. In person interview was 5 1:1's with more senior people, very casual, mostly talked about what they do, how the company is structured, very informal. Lastly got to talk to a woman who was currently in the role I was applying for. Very helpful. Overall, very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a challenge, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Was looking to re-locate.

Other Interview Reviews for Forrester

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter for the company, the call went well. It was a standard 30-45 minute conversation with your typical screening questions. I was told I was one of the select few that were chosen for another interview and that it was a "cream of the crop" scenario. This was weird because I had zero experience within the industry (was looking for a career change). The second interview turned out to not be an interview at all but a meet and greet with "high ranking" employees. Well it was going to be a bunch of people trying to get their 2 seconds in with hiring managers and not something I was trying to do, I'm not into kissing shoes for an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• When have you overcame an obstacle that would arise in the job you are applying for?   1 Answer

Apr 28, 2014 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback! Your experience is definitely not what we hope to see at Forrester. I apologize our Open House event was pitched to you as a full interview - however, it was a great ... More

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (Cambridge, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process is pretty standard, internal and external.

If you are external, they will do the phone screening process / skills tests / background check.

You might have another phone call with the recruiter after but more often than not they call you in for the in person interview.
    The in person interview consists of 4 to 6, back to back, 30 minute interviews with relevant team members/management.

In general, they will all ask similar questions, with a few of their own to spice it up. Assuming you make it through that interview process, they may have you do a small sales presentation. Nothing to get nervous over, it's meant to see your raw speaking skills.

Interview Questions

• The generic situation / reaction questions: if you were put in this type of sales situation, how would you react and/or change your sales approach.   2 Answers

Negotiation

They were pretty set on the salary. I didn't negotiate much.

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I first received an email through Linkedin from HR about an opportunity in Sales Development to which a 30 to 45 minute phone screening took place. This was followed by a phone interview with the Director of Sales and finally 3 face to face interviews with Account Managers and Directors of Sales. One problem is the hypocrisy that Forrester Research stands for 'Challenging Thinking and Leading Change' when this is something I never felt Senior Managers exhibited during the interview when I asked them about staff retention in the Sales Department at Forrester. The Director was attempting to positively explaining how great they are at retaining staff when past reviews by former Sales employees show the complete opposite. However, the HR team were very helpful during the process and keep you well informed every step of the way. It sounds like a great company to work for excluding the bureaucracy which exists at the very top and continues to go against what Forrester actually stands for as a brand. I felt you couldn't challenge the views or intentions of Senior Managers and would only succeed by conforming to orders, something we all know is an outdated management concept. And the funny thing is their client base hasn't increased in the past years raising questions as to how effective Sales have been at partnering with potential clients.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Forrester?
      What do you know about Forrester?
      What do you understand about the role?
      Answer Question

Mar 7, 2017 – VP, Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to interview with us and share your experience. I’m glad to hear you found your partnership with our Recruiting team in London helpful. Challenging thinking, making the ... More

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email the next day. A phone interview was scheduled with the recruiter,who postponed it one hour before the interview itself for a week later and when the day came she didn't even call or email.Extremely unprofessional and a waste of candidates' time. I expect somebody to respond saying "This is not our standard practice". Well, it seems like it is as half the people here have had the same experience. You need to fire your recruiter and get somebody who appreciates potential employees a bit more.

Interview Questions

Forrester Response

Aug 20, 2014 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your candid post. While no organization is perfect, I am happy to report our candidate experience satisfaction rate this past quarter is at 98%. While your experience is not common, it is ... More

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Forrester in May 2014.

Interview

Initial contact made by recruiter once application made, to gauge wether you're suitable. If you're successful once a suitable role becomes available you will be contacted by the recruiter specifically recruiting for that particular role. At this stage I had a bad experience as the recruiter I had, kept rearranging interviews and I felt that I didn't want to continue as she was very poor at her job! Previous experiences were good, just had a problem with this individual, not a reflection on the company which I heard good things about!

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter to let them determine if I was worth passing onto the hiring manager.

I was brought in for one round of interviews and met with four people, about half an hour each. Pretty painless process, interviewers were friendly and easy going.

Interview Questions

• What do dislike about this job opportunity?   1 Answer