Forrester Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I would suggest Forrester try eating its own dog food after this experience. It started well enough with no less than six phone interviews lined up. The first was abandoned due to a . crying baby and never rearranged. The other five took place on schedule - one going past the allotted 30mins. They ranged from conversational to more direct questioning , down to box ticking. It was after this that the experience went downhill. I heard nothing further from either the recruiter based in India or the one in London. I emailed and was told I would hear the next day. Six weeks later I still had heard nothing, so I emailed again. This time I got an apology: "Apologies for being to unable to get back to you post our last communication. I thought I had shared the feedback with you." And the next day I was finally told that another candidate was being considered.

Interview Questions

Forrester Response

Dec 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize that we did not get back to you sooner in the process – we strive to keep candidates informed as we’re making hiring decisions... More

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Forrester in July 2017.

Interview

Received email notification of intent to progress my application. Followed by 1 interview with a recruitment lead in India and 3 separate interviews with the hiring manager and team members. The process last than 8 weeks from initial contact (this was 5 weeks after the application). Communication has been sparse throughout. Really disappointing that after 4 rounds of interview the recruitment team fell silent rather than notify the outcome. They have now ignored calls and emails for 2 weeks.

Data Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester in April 2017.

Interview

Firstly the interview recruiter got in touch with me to talk about this position. So I had a call with them, that went well and I was told that there would be a call with the hiring manager followed by a short presentation. So we progressed to call with the hiring manager based in Europe, I thought this went well.

A week later I was told that I would have a call with another senior stakeholder based in India, so I had that went. A couple of weeks later I had another unexpected call with a stakeholder based in the US!

After this there was silence! About a month later I heard back saying that I didn't get it.

Their recruitment process is very disorganised and misleading!

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I first received an email through Linkedin from HR about an opportunity in Sales Development to which a 30 to 45 minute phone screening took place. This was followed by a phone interview with the Director of Sales and finally 3 face to face interviews with Account Managers and Directors of Sales. One problem is the hypocrisy that Forrester Research stands for 'Challenging Thinking and Leading Change' when this is something I never felt Senior Managers exhibited during the interview when I asked them about staff retention in the Sales Department at Forrester. The Director was attempting to positively explaining how great they are at retaining staff when past reviews by former Sales employees show the complete opposite. However, the HR team were very helpful during the process and keep you well informed every step of the way. It sounds like a great company to work for excluding the bureaucracy which exists at the very top and continues to go against what Forrester actually stands for as a brand. I felt you couldn't challenge the views or intentions of Senior Managers and would only succeed by conforming to orders, something we all know is an outdated management concept. And the funny thing is their client base hasn't increased in the past years raising questions as to how effective Sales have been at partnering with potential clients.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Forrester?
      What do you know about Forrester?
      What do you understand about the role?   Answer Question

Forrester Response

Mar 7, 2017 – VP, Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to interview with us and share your experience. I’m glad to hear you found your partnership with our Recruiting team in London helpful.

Challenging thinking, making the... More

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn
    1-Phone interview with HR - Friendly and easy screening interview
    2-Phone interview with Research Director - Case study
    3-Face to face long interview with members of the team - Background, skills and case study questions
    4-Plus two other Skype interviews with people from other locations - Discussion about some topics

Interview Questions

• What's the Age of the Customer?
      Name some disruptive technologies you know
      Why do you want to join the company?
      What do you think about the impact of technology on today's world
      Examples you showing initiative
      Examples of "going the extra mile"   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

In person interview with standard HR and technical questions for about half an hour to 45 minutes followed by a brief technical test which took about 20 minutes. I was given several objects and asked to decide what they were for and their key features as well as talk about previous research experience.

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in 5 years time   1 Answer

Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a short 10 mins phone interview with a recruiter. She was very pleased with things I had to say about the company. Unfortunately we both decided not to proceed further after she told me about the salary - was too low and non negotiable.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

First stage was a very polite and personable 30 minute chat with the Sales Director in the London office. We discussed my background and also how Forrester operates in terms of sales approach and a few more insights on the company. Next stage (after a lot of me chasing) was over a week later and was again a discussion with the same director, a separate 121 with the sales team manager and then a tele-conference call with a different director (which was cut short). Each person was pleasant though I got the feeling they were looking for specific, almost scripted answers. It was a good experience yet I encourage them to hint what they would like to discuss so candidates can be better prepared.

Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

- online application on LinkedIn (Recruiter)
    - phone interview (very general, talk about yourself (strengths/weaknesses) but also prepare questions about the company and the role
    - personal interview with 3 different managers (very different levels within the company)
    - final presentation in front of 4 people (two directors)

Interview Questions

• - your background
      - why this role
      - why Forrester
      - why you fit perfect into the company's concept   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forrester (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

4 steps interview: HR, Country leader, Area leader, Final presentation (HR+analysts+area Managers)

the first three are normal interviews to know you, your experience and your attitude. The last one consists in preparing a peak for a client (real or fake) to show all ecosystem your capabilities to present in public, your business acumen and your selling style.