Fort Worth Independent School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.0

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fort Worth Independent School District (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

The interviews they do know are all panel interviews. They were testing this interview back then so I did one of them. It was intimidating. The one interview where I did get the job was one on one with my principal . I would say learn the cirriculum and be prepared to do a mock lesson.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach?
      Tell me what value you'd bring to the classroom.
      Answer Question

Database Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fort Worth Independent School District (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

1+ hour, 4 person panel interview. Lots of examples real world situations they face. A few arcane technical questions. Required handwritten result sets, given sample data with some trick questions.

No phone screen, and no discussion of compensation specifics. Didn't attempt to sell me on why it would be a great place to work.

Didn't receive any result as promised, and it's been weeks since.

Interview Questions

• Consisted of 25 questions screening for technical competence. easy for an experience MS SQL developer. Very little outside of the technical.   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fort Worth Independent School District in October 2015.

Interview

I applied and was contacted almost a month later. I was asked to come in to fill out all of the hiring documents. I answered three interview questions on paper and filled out the grade level preferences along with other documents. I then met with the hiring manager and waited while she reviewed my answers to the questions and my other paperwork. She didn't ask any questions. I was contacted a few days later for orientation.

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fort Worth Independent School District (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

You're contacted to see if you still was interested in the position , You had to fill more paper work references ,back ground check had to be done also returned to the recruiter in management.check driving record , sent out for physical to determine if you are healthy, to be suitable or proper for the job qualifications,competent,appropriate, supply with what is necessary.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the job?They train you on how to use the equipment , rules of conduct between yourself and student also parents and staff.   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fort Worth Independent School District (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Very vague, asked a couple questions regarding experience and literally that was it! I was interviewed by the principal who asked very generic questions, Probably the easiest part of the job!

High School Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fort Worth Independent School District (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

1-day process with 2 interviews. A one-on-one with the school principal and another with some math and science teachers from the school
    Content-specific questions in tandem with more wholistic ones.
    Partnered with Teach for America.

Interview Questions

• How would you teach the pythagorean theorem to students who have never seen it?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fort Worth Independent School District (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

There is almost no interview process for this job. You will fill out an online application and send a resume online. They will ask permission for a background check. After this you will be asked to come in and answer some questions on paper about certain hypothetical situations. This is very short and done in a room with other prospective employees. It plays out like a pop quiz. Once you have been hired, a more extensive background check will be done and you will be fingerprinted. There is generally no drug test done for this job but they can require a drug test at any time. There was never a sit down or phone interview for this job.

Interview Questions

• There were no one on one questions for this process but some of the quiz questions seemed like trick questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You will be paid what every other sub is paid per day. This will only change district wide and is not likely to change much.

Bus Driver/School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fort Worth Independent School District (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

The hiring for Bus Driver goes very fast because of the shortage of drivers. Only interviewed once. Then they select you or not. The hiring and interviewing process very simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have a starting set pay.

Data Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fort Worth Independent School District in July 2013.

Interview

Interview was conducted in a group setting. Chair offered was lowered, lower than any other in the room. Questions were geared toward an administrative setting. No time to talk about myself. They started with questions about the position and knew very little of me when I left the room.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to look over a data sheet and answer what would be the first area of concern and was given very little time to process the data.   Answer Question

Network Specialist Interview

Interview

Just one face to face interview. Four people in the committee they were 10 questions about the network.