Fortinet Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fortinet Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fortinet (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

paper exam + face-to-face interviews, Phone interview first and then On-site. I have to say, the whole process is pretty good and better than I expected. However, they tend to recruit more experienced people than fresh grad.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fortinet

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fortinet.

Interview

1st round, phone interview, 2 hrs, 4 people from the same team, network questions, OS, Linux kernel, some behavior questions.
    2nd round, on site interview, 2 hrs, 4 people from the same team, same as the first round, but an on site interview.
    3rd round, programming test, linked list delete node, implement a system function, maze.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fortinet (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Standard phone interview with some questions regarding what's on your resume; followed by general questions from the classes you've taken in your university.

In person interview with group/panel lasted roughly 2 hours, here they ask you technical questions ranging from algorithms to brain teasers.

i.e. Operating Systems, Data Structures, etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I met the recruiters at a career event. A few weeks later they emailed me for a take-home test (2.5hrs). I did the test and sent my answers, but never heard back from them again. A simple "you didn't pass" would have been more appropriate to at least acknowledge the time I put into the test. I would never apply there again.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fortinet (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a joke. They only wanted to hire women and they wanted to hire entirely based on fit rather than ability, so they showed very little interest in my accomplishments. I don't even think they read my resume. Also, one of the guys stared at my chest.

This is not a company that I would EVER work for. I'm ashamed to have interviewed. If they want to increase their female employee numbers, all they have to do is treat us like normal human beings.

It is without a doubt that I was called in entirely for having a female name. That is probably as far as they got on my resume.

I have never encountered a more sexist company in my entire life.

Interview Questions

• They asked me nothing but personal questions and it was highly inappropriate. They really only cared about whether I would get along with people and absolutely nothing else.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fortinet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a HR person by email. He asked me to do a online coding test lasting two hours. After the 2 hours I received the exam questions, I emailed my qanswers to the,

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Interview

The initial screening test took 2.5 hrs. I felt like writing an exam. Half of it was multiple choice questions and trivial programming questions. The next half was more realistic programming questions. I did not have enough time to complete the final question in the second half of this test.

Nevertheless, they invited me in for an in-person interview. There were three guys in the interview asking general questions about programming, debugging and networking.

Interview Questions

• I was not able to recall off my head what is the typical flag to pass to a common kernel function call.

The interview basically ended as soon as we talked about salary expectation. Interviewee should definitely research on glassdoor.com before talking to them.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet in April 2011.

Interview

tel interview first.
    then onsite interview
    let you do some programming test, C.
    not hard.
    very nice people thier

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet in June 2009.

Interview

Submitted the application online. The first phone screen is from HR asking some behavior questions and citizenship status. Followed by a on site skills test. Finally a 1:1 interview by four interviewers and each is about one hour.