Fortinet Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

3.5

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied at Fortinet through an on-campus career fair for a job as a new grad and went to an on campus screening interview a couple days later. The screening interview was extremely disorganized. I waited for an hour past my scheduled time and there was still a candidate in front of me before I left without getting my interview. Nonetheless, I was contacted a week later by a recruiter saying I was still a potential candidate for a position as a developer and I would need to complete a skill testing question in order to continue.
    Why not? The position sounded interesting so I agreed and they sent me the "Skill testing question".
    Only it wasn't just a small test question I have come to expect from my previous interview.
    It was a fully spec'd out complex end-to-end application that involved everything from building a web client to a back end data store. They gave me 24 hours.
    The worst part is that there was absolutely no indication that this was even a test problem. The spec showed an application that would be directly relevant to the work being done at Fortinet. I'm pretty sure that I would be spending my day working on a live project, for free, just for the chance to get an interview. Even the filename for the spec is suspicious "Devops_Engineer_Project.txt".

Overall this was a terrible interview experience and I would not recommend Fortinet to anybody based on my experience.

Software Dev QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Did a 1.5 hour remote technical assessment. Was interviewed at the office the week after submitting the assessment. Interview was with a panel of four testing my technical skills for the position, asking questions about the projects on my resume, and asking question about the answers I submitted for the remote assessment. After that I had to do a short written assessment that took 20 minutes.

AV Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

They made me write a 2 hr test on Assembly, C++, Bash, Perl, and Aptitude (lots of number series questions). Then there was a 1 hr 1-on-1 interview with the hiring manager.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fortinet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a terrible interview. I couldnt understand the person interviewing me and they didnt even try to make themslevs understood. I gave up and left. It was a total waste of my time. I really have no idea how this happened. I'm still not really sure what happened.

Interview Questions

• Something about java something or other, i couldnt understand what he was asking   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview, In person interview for about 30 mins, Written coding round
    The written round was weird because they just send you a doc file. How is one suppose to code in that? I did not understand why they need networking and C questions for a frontend role. The optional question where we had to build a website with a fake api was good.

New Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I was contacted by phone to schedule a 48 hour technical task. I completed the task, and was told to come in for a 30 minute technical test, 90 minute aptitude test, and two 1-hour interviews. I was called back to do a second 48 hour technical task, as well as to undergo two more 1-hour interviews.

Interview Questions

• Written questions pertained to network configurations, Linux terminal commands for network administration and troubleshooting, and some programming tasks.   1 Answer

Hardware Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fortinet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

1st round - 60 minute exam + 60 minute in person interview (I had 3 people interview me)
    2nd round (did not get to) - more intensive in person technical questioning period

if you get through all of it, and you do well, they will send you an offer letter

Interview Questions

• Be ready to be asked what the output of a circuit would look like if the input was ___.
      exam had 3 circuits, 2 of which I didn't even have a chance to do. Questions were really advanced, and even the manager said it's a really tough exam.
      1 Answer

Information Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fortinet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Meeting the hire manager of information security and another manager of datacenter. The hire manager most concern about the information security background. We talked a lot about the security management experience of I, and he gave me some situation to test my knowledge. The datacenter manager asked most of technical questions, like firewall configuration, network, etc.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your work expierence especially in information security. What project have you done?   Answer Question

Engine Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fortinet (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

In the morning I submitted my profit, I got the online test requirement afternoon. Then I just take a online test include C++, TCP/IP, Linux. Unfortunately, I did not pass this test due to i am not familiar with TCP/IP.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

The entire interview process consisted of 3 stages:

1. Coding Challenge
    2. Written Test
    3. Panel Interview

The coding challenge required you to build a web application using Django, JQuery, Ajax, HTML, CSS to parse JSON records and update the client.

The written test consisted of various questions which covered frontend development, Python, and Algorithms.

The interview consisted of 5 panel members. They asked questions having to do with networking, simple algorithmic problem solving, and past experience.