Fortinet Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC | Glassdoor

3.4

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fortinet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

Emailed me a 2.5 hours test to do at home. it was 2 docs file. First one was multiple choice and the 2nd one is programming (in C). Weird thing was I applied to QA position, and I got back a embedded sw engineer interview.

Interview Questions

• About network security multiple choice questions. And one coding test.   Answer Question

Junior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fortinet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied for the job and got a reply in two days. Was sent an interview booklet to complete and return in 3 days. Afterwards they called to provide information on the company.

Interview Questions

• What is the Global Interpreter Lock?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was divided in Three stages:
    1- Phone interview with the recruiter.
    2- Knowledge test (done at home with 2.5 hrs time limit).
    3- Interview with manager, director and teammate.

The entire interview process was great. Everyone was extremely friendly and professional.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fortinet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a nice experience and employees are highly friendly. It is a good environment where they really make you feel comfortable. Most of the questions focus on your background and experience.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fortinet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied a different position but called for interview for embedded software engineer. I passed their home test (2.5hr) and then were called on for an onsite interview.

I think they just use the home test to verify if you can write code, nothing more than that.

In the email, it was mentioned I should check their products and get familiar with network techniques. I spent a few days on that. On the onsite interview, there is actually 1.5 hr coding test, with a couple of coding questions. There was nothing tricky in their coding test , all basic textbook algorithms (sorting, searching, linked list,.., pointer manipulation) but definitely needed muscle memory.

I was told my background was not a good fit at the very beginning of the interview. Then I got frustrated and performed pretty poorly during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• given 1 billion numbers, find the median?   1 Answer

Junior IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Only verbal questions about technical details. 1 hour each for two interviews. The first interview is with the team leader and the second is with his supervisor and colleagues. Oddly, reception was not there when I got there for the first interview. I waited for 30 mins and went for some employees for help.

Anti Virus Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position and after two weeks they contact me for Skype interview. The interview was one hour long. The interview questions were related to aptitude as well as technical skill set.

AV Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fortinet (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process featured an onsite interview with a standard IQ aptitude test, a programming multiple choice question test and a meeting with the managers. The entire process took roughly 3 hours and was a standard interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard IQ aptitude questions and multiple choice questions for select programming languages.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied at Fortinet through an on-campus career fair for a job as a new grad and went to an on campus screening interview a couple days later. The screening interview was extremely disorganized. I waited for an hour past my scheduled time and there was still a candidate in front of me before I left without getting my interview. Nonetheless, I was contacted a week later by a recruiter saying I was still a potential candidate for a position as a developer and I would need to complete a skill testing question in order to continue.
    Why not? The position sounded interesting so I agreed and they sent me the "Skill testing question".
    Only it wasn't just a small test question I have come to expect from my previous interview.
    It was a fully spec'd out complex end-to-end application that involved everything from building a web client to a back end data store. They gave me 24 hours.
    The worst part is that there was absolutely no indication that this was even a test problem. The spec showed an application that would be directly relevant to the work being done at Fortinet. I'm pretty sure that I would be spending my day working on a live project, for free, just for the chance to get an interview. Even the filename for the spec is suspicious "Devops_Engineer_Project.txt".

Overall this was a terrible interview experience and I would not recommend Fortinet to anybody based on my experience.

Software Dev QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortinet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

Did a 1.5 hour remote technical assessment. Was interviewed at the office the week after submitting the assessment. Interview was with a panel of four testing my technical skills for the position, asking questions about the projects on my resume, and asking question about the answers I submitted for the remote assessment. After that I had to do a short written assessment that took 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Differences between TCP and UDP.   1 Answer