Fortress Investment Group Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter from this company after applying online through a job site. A few days after that initial call, I had an almost 2 hour, in depth interview in February 2017. I met with three different people with varying positions in the company. First, I met with a recruiter, then a mid-level Operations employee and finally, the Director of Operations. They all asked me similar questions about my experience so I'm not sure what the point of me meeting with all of them was. I felt like I was repeating myself over and over.

This interview was almost 2 hours long. I sent a thank you note a few days after it took place and then a follow-up email a week later and heard absolutely nothing. I thought it was incredibly rude to take 2 hours of my time and then not even be able to send a rejection email my way.

Interview Questions

• What was a crisis that has come up at work that you have had to deal with?   Answer Question

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online through the Fortress website and was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke on the phone and then arranged a series of 4 video interviews via Google Hangout for the following week. On the day of the video interviews, I waited 20 minutes for the recruiter to connect. She did not have a camera (only one of the interviewers did), so I just looked at my own face on the screen for most of the time. The process was incredibly disorganized. Having worked under recruiters since graduating college, I was pretty appalled by how messy their pipeline and process are. It took weeks for them to follow up with me, by which point I had already taken another offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

very nice people ,smart and enjoyable staff made me feel comfortable asked good pointed question not too many canned or annoying questions were very knowledgeable about the company. they were very clear about hard work and willing to cotrast to other companis.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Part Time Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I was offered Nespresso and watched like a lab rat for over 45 minutes. The person who was supposed to interview me never arrived. Apparently she was in a meeting.

A succession of three women, starting with a college intern, each "checked in" on me, presumably stalling until the interviewer would be free. They did not really ask me questions in a typical interview format, but were ultimately responsible for judging my behavior.

Three people from Fortress started following my Twitter account a week after the interview, although their decision to not move forward with me had already been made. Go figure.