Fortress Investment Group Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Fortress Investment Group Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Mar 30, 2017

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter from this company after applying online through a job site. A few days after that initial call, I had an almost 2 hour, in depth interview in February 2017. I met with three different people with varying positions in the company. First, I met with a recruiter, then a mid-level Operations employee and finally, the Director of Operations. They all asked me similar questions about my experience so I'm not sure what the point of me meeting with all of them was. I felt like I was repeating myself over and over.

This interview was almost 2 hours long. I sent a thank you note a few days after it took place and then a follow-up email a week later and heard absolutely nothing. I thought it was incredibly rude to take 2 hours of my time and then not even be able to send a rejection email my way.

Interview Questions

• What was a crisis that has come up at work that you have had to deal with?   Answer Question

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online through the Fortress website and was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke on the phone and then arranged a series of 4 video interviews via Google Hangout for the following week. On the day of the video interviews, I waited 20 minutes for the recruiter to connect. She did not have a camera (only one of the interviewers did), so I just looked at my own face on the screen for most of the time. The process was incredibly disorganized. Having worked under recruiters since graduating college, I was pretty appalled by how messy their pipeline and process are. It took weeks for them to follow up with me, by which point I had already taken another offer.

Real Estate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was extremely hectic for this company. Arrived on time (actually 10 minutes early as typically done), and waited 30 minutes beyond that for the recruiter to see me). I was on the verge of just getting up and leave, but she arrived just before then. Recruiter was friendly; however waited another 30 minutes while she tried to set me up for an interview with the head of the division. Turns out she wasn't available. Although Second round I was supposed to meet with the head of the division, it turns out she went on maternity leave the day before (go figure). Met with another member of the group -- this member was not working on the subject that the paralegal would be involved in. This member kept me waiting 20 minutes. Another turn off. Although she was nice, and as a result did said a nice thank you note, I realize this was not the company for me. This company needs to realize that just as their time is important, so is the time of the candidate. I made it very clear that for the second round that I am on a time schedule, and the member of the team was 20 minutes late. Not a good practice.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. You can tell that the member of the group doing the interview was new at this. Did not ask questions relating to the duties and responsibilities of the position. I recommend she review the job description before interviewing candidates.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Friendly and engaging interviews with staff I would be working with, but HR seemed to be really disorganized and unnecessarily aggressive. I would have to say it was the worst HR experience ever. This is a very poor representation of the firm and thought about future interactions with HR during my potential employment. Fortunately, I turned down the offer. I believe the interviewee deserves mutual respect as much as their potential employer.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with challenging situations in terms of managing different personalities?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

very nice people ,smart and enjoyable staff made me feel comfortable asked good pointed question not too many canned or annoying questions were very knowledgeable about the company. they were very clear about hard work and willing to cotrast to other companis.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

SQL Server Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

6 people interviewed and lasted for couple of hours. Interview was about database concepts.

Part Time Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I was offered Nespresso and watched like a lab rat for over 45 minutes. The person who was supposed to interview me never arrived. Apparently she was in a meeting.

A succession of three women, starting with a college intern, each "checked in" on me, presumably stalling until the interviewer would be free. They did not really ask me questions in a typical interview format, but were ultimately responsible for judging my behavior.

Three people from Fortress started following my Twitter account a week after the interview, although their decision to not move forward with me had already been made. Go figure.

Business Segment Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Very standard interview which was purely premised on credentials verified by recruiter and reputation of my previous employer (of the same industry). Most of the time was spent speaking of common colleagues in the industry, thus breaking the ice and determining how well I would fit personally and culturally.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Found the job through a connection. Met with the entire transportation team after a few months of making contact. It was awesome seeing their amazing office with a view of central park. The interviews were relaxed and very behavioral focused. The people were very nice. I didn't hear back for a month or so, then received the offer in april.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I had three rounds of interviews. I interviewed with most of the team members. All people I interviewed are friendly and easy to talk. Group has a laid back atmosphere but team members are smart and professional.