Fossil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2018

2.4

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fossil (Burlingame, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Started with a screening with the VP of Product Management and then two rounds of interviews onsite, starting with a presentation to a group. Very nice team and a professional process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you had to overcome and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Senior Strategy Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fossil.

Interview

Had a call from a corporate recruiter who chewed up almost an hour of my time asking standard behavioral questions. At the very end, asked up compensation expectations and did not have a clear idea of what the range for the role was or what Consulting salaries are post MBA. Recruiter did not seem to really know what the job requirements were.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fossil (Richardson, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

The Process: I applied via LinkedIn, was contacted for a Phone Screen by a Recruiter, and after I passed the Phone Screen, I met with the Hiring Manager and a Team Leader at their Richardson office. All of this occurred within a period of 7 days.

The Good: The environment was positive and welcoming. When you first enter the building, you really do get a sense of how laid-back the environment is. To my surprise, 95% of the employees seemed incredibly relaxed... And if I had been wearing a gorgeous Sweater, hipster Blue Jeans, and Converse sneakers, that would have been just fine, as long as it adhered to their definition of what's "trendy."

Moving along, IMO, the interview was better than most.

The Hiring Manager wasn't disrespectful, nor did she act as if I didn't matter.

But..., it wasn't an ideal interview.

The Bad: I didn't like the interview was set up, nor did I like the way that the Associate Team Leader was constantly staring at me, as if she was constantly assessing me. That within itself, made me feel uncomfortable as if I didn't measure up.

The Ugly: Despite their original promise, I wasn't given a tour of the office (that within itself let me know that they did not want to wast their time with me). Even worse, the Recruiter and the Hiring Manager failed to offer feedback about the interview after they had promised to do so. As a matter of fact, the Hiring Manager seemed perturbed that I'd emailed her a thank you note, and the Recruiter was no better.

In the end, I did not get the job but perhaps given their penchant for layoff's and a lower rate of salary, this wasn't the right fit for me.

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fossil (Richardson, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

through a recruiter. I was interviewed by two direct managers and then their supervisor. The interview was done in a glass office but the setting was very laid back.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fossil (Richardson, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I met with two different people. BRING YOUR RESUME. I was asked several questions regarding my previous experience, how I would deal with certain situations and my experience with typing and experience with multitasking.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience on working with several systems at one time?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fossil in February 2018.

Interview

I got emailed by a recruiter asking to set up a phone interview! We set up a time to talk and the phone interview was about a half hour. They told me it would be a week or two but I never heard back so I am assuming they went with different candidates to do the video interview although my job application on the site hasn't been closed out.

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fossil.

Interview

My first interview was with the store manager and the second was with the district manager on the phone. The process was easy and relaxed. I told them about myself and why I felt I was fit for the position. It was easier having been a sales associate wanting to be promoted because I already knew a lot about the company's culture and values.

Interview Questions

• If you were a part on a bike, which part would you be?   1 Answer

Showroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fossil (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

HR reached out to me after I applied online. We scheduled a phone interview so we could go over my experience and see if I'd be a good fit. I was then asked to schedule an in-person interview with the team. I interviewed with four people one on one

Keyholder/Floor Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fossil (Staten Island, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Drove to another Fossil that was closer to the district manager, because the district manager would interview me. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Did roleplaying and troubleshooted what associates did wrong when watching them communicate with guests.

Interview Questions

• (After watching another associate communicate with a guest) How could this person improve his approach to the sale?   Answer Question
    • What characteristics should a leader have to succeed in Fossil?   Answer Question
    • How could you implement the GUEST method into a more positive performance?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

My first interview was in person with the store manager. I then had two phone interviews (one with another store manager and another with the district manager). The process took about 2 weeks total.