Fossil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2015

2.4

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fossil (Richardson, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

through a recruiter. I was interviewed by two direct managers and then their supervisor. The interview was done in a glass office but the setting was very laid back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fossil (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online, for a couple of the open positions. Got a call 4 days later from the ASM in the store. To setup a time to come in and talk with the store manager. Went to interview about 30 mins. Quesiton started as tell me about your job history. I did asked what the process or the next steps are. One on One with SM, 1 on 1 with DM and possible phone interview with HR. Then offer. Just had 1st step and wanted to provide info b/c it was fresh in my mind. No offer, b/c just started the process. Will update. Update 08/20 Was not offered position. Feed back from interview was that i needed more specialty retail experience. I did the best job of all the interviews but others had more exp, in Specialty retail.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just talked about and gave examples of recruiting, motivation, sales process. How do you overcome the " Just looking."? Why do you want to work for Fossil. Explain to me what the Fossil atmosphere is like? Where would you recuite employees from? what stores? Don't name big box stores.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fossil (Orlando, FL) in November 2010.

Interview

One on one interview with the SM, questions referred to past experience ie: productivity, development,responsibilities, etc....Phone Interview with DM which lasted about an hour, touching base on the business and direction of the company.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fossil.

Interview

Super easy, only 1 interview and no reference checks done

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fossil.

Interview

They just want to know how well you lead others and "coaching on the moment" skills.

Negotiation

Make sure you reseach your company, and negotiate pay! They will negotiate with you.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fossil (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Picked up an application, placed it a day later. Two days later got a call for an interview with the DM. Had one interview and offered a job on the spot. Interview lasted about 45mins- 1hr. DM was very relaxed/ confident and simply smiled and asked questions regarding management. Dug deep but overall look for personality and fit to the culture they want to portray to the customer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offer was higher than asking pay. They pride them self in leading industry in pay.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fossil in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process involved 3 phone conversations. The first and final were by the District Manager. The middle interview was performed by the Store Manager. This process was based on a newly opening store, likely not the same format for an existing location. The District Manager was clearly pumping up the company to be the greatest thing ever, almost as if she was trying to make me feel like I should be considered lucky to even be receiving consideration.

Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I picked up more on that at the time. There was also a clear emphasis on appearance and fashion. I understand there is a certain level of importance on that in Retail, but I would find out soon enough, that is about the first through fifth priorities at Fossil. That is again something I wished I would have picked up on then.

Basically, the only other point of the interview process was convincing the interviewer that you could do a lot with a little (as in, no payroll).

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. Just be prepared to talk about exceeding expectations from an allotted budgeted hours perspective.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation involved.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fossil (Orlando, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was very simple it was a paper application which I got called back from and interviewed with one other person. From there I was invited to a panel interview with a couple other store managers and a district manager. Overall people seemed nice, interested, & professional.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many difficult questions as long as you know the business and how to motivate a team to sell and such. However, there were a lot of questions and all coming at once since it was a panel interview with at least 5 store managers and 1 district manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate since their pay is one of the best considering other retailers I know of in the Central FLA area.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fossil (Durham, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Spoke with the Store manager for less than an hour after I submitted my resume. The SM gave me a list of questions that the District Manager would ask me during my phone interview, which was unexpected. I wasn't really challenged or asked any difficult questions, but just an overview of my previous work experience.

Negotiation

I was given a firm offer which I counter-offered. There was no negotiation so I took the offer.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fossil.

Interview

Easy and quick

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal what would you be and why   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy