FosterQuan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FosterQuan Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at FosterQuan

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FosterQuan in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly staidly forward. Sent resume directly on website and was called in for an interview with HR and the partner I would be working for. The HR representative explained the basic responsibilities I would have, gave me a run down of the benefits (which are quite nice), and then the partner joined the interview

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 2 years? In 5 years? In 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered me a very competitive salary and excellent benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at FosterQuan (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was first done through HR and then Interview was done with Partner. HR representative called me back after two days and told me to come in to take a writing test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FosterQuan (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I was set up with an interview through CareerStage (a free recruiting company that works with recent college graduates up to 5 years), and had two interviews before being hired on. The first interview was with FosterQuan's HR contact and the second interview was with the Attorney I would be working under. Both interviews were under 10 minutes and somewhat laid back. The HR contact was very nice and asked basic questions, i.e. how do you qualify for the position, what are your best strengths, are you okay with working overtime, and what experience do you have? The second interview was obviously for the Attorney to meet you and ask you questions along the same lines. The Attorney asked me that I go home and write one page over something that has the greatest impact on my life. I found out the next day I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate for me. The job (after 90 days) offers full benefits and no weekends. Be ready to work over time during busy times of the year.

Global Case Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FosterQuan (Austin, TX).

Interview

Foster Quan is a well known firm and thus they receive a high volume of resumes for any job opening. Depending on the department or section that the job is for, you will be interviewed by the head lawyer for the department and quite possibly by other lawyers in the department. My interview lasted three hours because I interviewed with about 5 attorneys unbeknownst to me. The culture seems cooperative and pleasant and a good place to gain experience. Not to sure about possibilities for upward growth because they have seasoned lawyers and it is a competitive environment. They don't like to hire people with JD degrees for non-lawyer positions because they don't want you to have the expectation that they will hire you as an attorney if possible in the future.

Interview Questions

• Very random and detailed questions about past internship/ job experience and billing
      Whether I would have a problem working with others who don't have same credentials/ experience (superiority issue)
      Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FosterQuan.

Interview

Submit resume, in-person interview.

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FosterQuan in December 2008.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone and then an in person appearance. It was fairly standard for what you would expect from a smaller law firm. It was not what one would expect from a big law firm. Be prepared to have a low salary offered to you compared to the size of the firm in the industry.