Four Oaks of Iowa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Four Oaks of Iowa

Youth Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Four Oaks of Iowa (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

I had one initial interview when was was initially hired for part time employment. I soon applied for a full time position, and interviewed twice, with the shift leaders from both sides of the week. It was friendly and fairly informal.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I dealt with conflict and clients being disrespectful.   1 Answer

In-home Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Four Oaks of Iowa.

Interview

In person interview was laid back and was told a lot about job duties, programs within Dubuque site, expectations, and benefits. Did a job shadow for 2nd interview so you really knew what the job was really about. You need to know for real what your are getting in for when you are impacting other people's life.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if....
      great way to see how flexible you are when things out of the norm arise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary range is set so they are honest and tell you during the interview stage.

Youth Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Four Oaks of Iowa in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call for an interview soon after. I was aggressive in calling them to check on my status and was then offered a job versus waiting for a call. The interview was laid back and unintimidating. The salary, benefits, and job deails were laid out for me. I was asked questions about any related experience I had. I remember being asked questions about my personality as it would pertain to working with kids.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my style in counseling others. There was a list of adjectives which I do not remember, but I remember selecting "encouraging" and "nurturing."   Answer Question

Youth Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Four Oaks of Iowa (Independence, IA) in May 2008.

Interview

Talked about nothing to do with position for an hour, he saw I was a big guy that could restrain kids and offered the job with no experience

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience?   1 Answer
    • What do you think about kids?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation I was offered the position and took it.

Youth Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Four Oaks of Iowa.

Interview

Went well but I should have interviewed the boss.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected but I think that I learned for next interview that I will interview them and make sure that I like their morals and the way they do things.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was just happy to have a full time job working with kids