Four Seasons Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

There was a brief phone screening then I was invited for an interview. The interview was a 2 part interview with HR first and then a Director. I only met with HR though because my salary expectations were different than what they were offering. Lesson learned. Always inquire about salary on the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a traditional process. First, HR interview (behavioral interview only), then hiring manager interview. With the hiring manager, I was asked more about my achievements described at my resume

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time you did a mistake (or something like that)?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewing at Four Seasons was the worst experience I've ever had. I was approached by a third party recruiter and was asked to meet with the hiring manager the next day. I was asked to return the following week for an Excel test and two more interviews. After which I did not hear from Four Seasons until April, 3 months later. When I finally heard back I was asked to come in for a third day of interviews with two more managers. A month later I was told by the recruiter that Four Seasons was preparing an offer for me. That was the last I heard and was later told by a different recruiter that the role had been filled.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their corporate website. About a month later get a call back from human resources to see if I was still interested in the position. Went into HR department at the hotel and had a series of face to face interviews, four in total; all positions in the company have four interviews. They want to see if you are the right fit and base it on attitude. Took about month and half from the time I applied

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when a guest was unhappy with your service, how did you rectify the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no room for negotiation. It is a union based environment and only can move based on seniority with the company.

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Met with HR manager for a "screening", waited a bit to meet department's manager, met another one, then another, then the GM. Overall took about 2.5 hours, but two days later they called to confirm employment.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

difficult - they ask you a LOT of questions. they made sure to emphasize that this isn't a job for anyone looking for part time, and that its meant for people who want to make a career out of it.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons.

Interview

Phone Interview
    2 Skype Interviews
    The process was relatively long - recruiters didn't seem to be moving at a quick pace
    Recruiters themselves were friendly and helpful - willing to answer any questions

Assistant Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

There were totally 4 interviews but I only made it to the third rounds. The Director of the F & B didn't think I have enough work experience with a 200 seats busy restaurant and told me directly when I asked him what did he think about me. However, I do appreciate he told me so face-to-face, it was hard to accept but I know it was the right thing to do.

People there were really friendly. I still feel like to work with them someday in the future when I get enough work experience.

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I got called after 2 weeks of applying. I got interviewed by 3 different people. It was smooth and fast. After the interview, I waited just 2 days to get an answer and got hired.

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Mostly asking 'fake scenario' questions - pretty generic. Felt HR didn't really know what qualifications were needed for the position I was applying for. Bit abrasive and awkward. Felt that interviewer was looking me "up and down" which was inappropriate and unnecessary. Wasn't clear at all whether or not I'd be called back for the last session of interviews, just kind of left me hanging wondering if I should go look for something else or not... which I didn't think was professional.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you couldn't understand something a guest is trying to communicate to you?   Answer Question

not enough money