Four Seasons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.8

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Denver, CO).

Interview

4 interview step process as per Four Seasons policy.

Submitted application through website, was contacted by HR for a 1:1 interview. Questions are situation based to mainly evaluate attitude and logic. Questions like, "Why Four Seasons?" "Tell me about a time where you had a conflict" Interview lasted around 45 minutes. Interviewer was very friendly and warm. Make sure to ask your interviewer good questions at the end of the interview. Very general attitude based questions

After following up, was interviewed by department manager a few weeks later. Make sure to do research on the department you're applying for. Was asked more specific role based situational questions to feel out your previous training and your methods. Many of the questions were the same as HR questions. Interview was professional but very laid back. More general attitude questions with some specific job related questions

They are mainly looking for someone who is warm and genuinely friendly and is willing to go above and beyond to meet the needs of guests. Attitude is key. They are wanting to hire more for attitude because skill can be taught later. If the department head likes you, they are usually your direct supervisor and will vouch for you for the next two interviews. Next two interviews are just for the higher ups to give their OK and see if you will fit with company culture. Each interview will give you an insight to company culture. (its great!)

Next interview is with division head and it was very short. At this point they usually trust your department head's word on their opinion of you.

Next interview is with GM of hotel. Short and sweet, they ask very general questions that is more conversational to see how you respond rather than testing out your skills. Every interviewer just wants to see passion and friendliness and the willingness to grow with the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the expectation of service?
      Why Four Seasons
      How have you dealt with an upset guest
      Where do you see yourself in the future?
      What is your weakness?
      Four Seasons demands long hours, are you prepared to do that?

What do you know about Four Seasons?
      What do you like about the position you're applying for?
      Would you ever break a rule to please a guest?   1 Answer

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (New York, NY).

Interview

The hotel worked around my schedule. Due to location, all my interviews were conducted via phone and I was never asked to fly to interview in person. Very standard interview process with HR, a department head, and with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Give me an experience that you set out to achieve that you didn't meet and what did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Four Seasons (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for concierge position but was new to the area so the interviewer told me I needed more knowledge about Las Vegas before becoming a concierge. She was so helpful and sweet about it! She even helped me that second find something else at the company I would be interested in. I ended up interviewing for a server position right then and there and she helped me push through to get all interviews taken care of within a few days. So helpful and great company so far!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

3 interviews. Went from HR manager, to the manager of department, and finally the Director of department. Somewhat of a basic interview. Just answer honestly and truthfully with some sense in your answers.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions. Wasn't too hard to answer honestly and truthfully with a little tactfullness,   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Three separate interviews, all in one day. About a 4 hour process. First interviewed with HR. Generic questions like "why the four seasons", and "give me an example of...". Waited an hour to meet with manager of restaurant. Way more personal and intimate interview. Pretty much talked about what my schedule will be like, the uniform, what a day on the floor will be like, etc. Then was asked to wait another hour to meet with HR once more. This time a group interview setting. Pretty much a teamwork exercise seeing how everyone will possibly work as a team.

Was asked to stay for each additional interview spanning from 1pm to 5pm for them to tell me "we will get back you in two days with our decision.." Next day receive an e-mail stating they will unfortunately not continue my application process.

Talked to another applicant who drove over an hour three separate times for those three interviews only to also be turned down. Very large waste of time, not sure why three separate interviews are needed to make the decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Four Seasons?
      Give me an example of a time where you had to make a split second decision.
      Example of a time where you went above and beyond for your guest.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons in November 2016.

Interview

A Four Seasons recruiter came to my university to give an informational presentation about the company. I then signed up to have a first interview which was held the next day with the HR Director of a property. A week later I was contacted by their Restaurant Manager for a Skype interview and finally I had a third interview over the phone with the Director of F&B. I was then sent a letter of job offer a week later.

Room Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Jackson, WY) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through 3 different interviews. The best thing was how quick they were to reach out to me, probably four days after I submitted my resume they called me. Set up a skype interview with my direct manager which lasted about 30 mins, then a 5 min phone call with the director of operations and finally another phone call roughly 20 mins with the HR director. All were very nice and thorough. They asked alot of questions regarding previous situations in my other jobs. Pretty simple if you have work experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever gotten into an argument with another employee?   1 Answer

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The HR department seems to be under a lot of pressure. They are not trying to sell the company to the candidate. Moved from one person to another quickly.

Interview Questions

• Situational and standard form questions.   1 Answer

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, ask you why you want to work for them, come meet the HR person , bring an updated resume (even though I it's on your application) ,told I will meet with department managers which didn't happen I was kind surprised

Interview Questions

• Stiuational questions typically like any other interview, I wasn't impressed, thought Four seasons should be a little bit different than a typical cold interview
      No interview with the hiring manager , I wonder why they even got me in for an interview with HR   1 Answer

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Good human resource recurring. She asked me 3 questions about my pervious experince as what did I do to make the guest happy mistake that I made and how I fix it great and easy interview