Four Seasons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Four Seasons Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.8

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Four Seasons in April 2016.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone with the Director of Reservations. It lasted 40 minutes and was behavioral questions about past experiences. I later got an email that day to invite me to an in-person interview. Next, I interviewed with the Director of Rooms which was a mix of behavioral and basic questions. This interview lasted approximately 10-15 minutes. Immediately after I had an interview with the General Manager of the Resort. The interview was 7 minutes and consisted of basic questions.

Direct Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

The recruiting team were very friendly and informative during the info session. I even thought I felt a connection between me and them, and with the company's culture. I did get pre-selected for an interview through my school's career website. However, the interview schedule was one every 15 minutes. And my interview did last 15 min. With couple of simple questions like location preferences, work authorization. Following by two behavioral questions, and 1 that caught me by surprise "how would you describe this poster". I could tell that the interviewer already made up his mind. This is indeed an efficient selection process (fast way to select and discard candidates), but feels like they did not even want to spend time to get to know you better, because it's probably a waste of their time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a problem at work and successfully solved it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Four Seasons.

Interview

Went to an onsite job fair that consisted of three interviews. I had to return three days later for an interview with the director of food and beverage for the resort.

Interview Questions

• Some were specific to sequence of service and others were more philosophical.   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanai City, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Lanai City, HI) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job and within the week had a skype interview set up. Talked with an assistant director of human resources for one hour. It was a long interview that seemed to drag on a bit, but had a good talk. Flubbed the questions about the company because I've never actually seen them used in an interview so did not research all of the details. Think that was why I was not offered the position, but you never know.

Applied for the job on LinkedIn and received an email shortly after to set up the interview. Easy process, long conversation, heard about their decision a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons in February 2016.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with human resources for qualifying questions. After that, I was called to come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed with first with the HR director, then the Director of Housekeeping, then the Director of Rooms, and then the Hotel Manager. Everyone was so warm and welcoming. The questions were standard interview questions at first, but then became more specific and difficult with each round of interviews. It was probably the best interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• We have several candidates who we are considering for this position. Why should we hire you over them?   1 Answer

Guest Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Well I filled out a app online then got called back 2 weeks later . A quick phone interview Asking Why I left my last job and why do I want to work at the four seasons. Then she schedule me for a in person interview with HR. I went to the lobby and let them know I was there for a interview . They called hr and we set down it was a lot of questions so please please be prepared it was situational questions probably like 13 of them and like 5 regular questions. Just practice before hand and you'll be okay. After that interview I met with another lady probably director of housekeeping or Somthing I do not remember. But she asked me regular questions about my last Job like why I left , what was my responsibilities Ect we chat for a few about the company then I had to meet two other director of the hotel and the head person of the whole building whatever you call it lol . Basically you have the job when you meet with them . They just asked a few simple questions and welcomed you to the team

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you .... Blah blah blah like 13 of those questions. Strength and weakness , where you see your self in five years , what whould you do if ECT....   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kapolei, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Kapolei, HI) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially there are 2 in person interviews, the first one lasts about 15 minutes and it is a general interview, where they want to get to know you and what area of Four Seasons you would like to be a part of. The second interview was done on the same day as the first interview, about 20 minutes after. The second interview was with someone from that specific area or department that you mentioned your interest for in the first interview. Then the third interview was a few weeks later and it was done over the phone with a member of the HR department. Then they would contact you again in order to see if you are moving forward in the process or not.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Four Seasons.

Interview

One on one interview, then a group interview. Basic HR questions so just study up on how you can benefit the company. Group interview with other candidates. Casual but professional.

Interview Questions

• If your previous employer could describe you in three words, what would they be?   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons in January 2016.

Interview

Basic yet informative. We went through multiple opportunities that would better suite my personal strengths. Impressive interviewer that enjoyed her job and advocated for the Four Seasons overall. Very positive experience and although I chose to decline the offer I'd advocate this company for anyone looking for a career in hospitality.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed. Where do you want to be in 5 years? Why the Four Seasons......multiple scenario based questions..   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First you get over the phone screening. They ask you about your experience and why you want to work there.
    Then they call you for an in person interview with HR assistant. She asks similar questions like the phone screening.
    Then you get interviewed by HR manager who asks questions about desired pay rate.
    After those two interviews, then you are interviewed by the manager of the department that you are applying for. For example, supervisor in engineering department, then manager in that department.
    And finally, you get interviewed by the big boss of the hotel.
    The interview process is very long and takes about an entire week to finish. Each interview takes about 30-45min long to do.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you will be an asset to this company?   Answer Question