Four Seasons Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

2.8

126 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

My interview process was outstanding. The online application was one of the most simplest ones I have done with an automated response that my application was received and under review. Got a call from HR a week later with some follow up questions on my experience and scheduled an interview. Interviewed with the HR Manager, then the Reservations Manager and then the Marketing Manager. The interview process was very comfortable and of a Behavioral Style. I was on property for a total of two hours. They informed me that they were going to check my references and reach out to me the following week. I received a call in one week where the HR manager advised me that that they had an internal candidate application pop up and they were going to do an interview with that candidate, but wanted to let me know that they were still interested in me. This same day I recieved an offer from another company and I asked for some time to give a decision because I was waiting to see if I would get an offer from Four Seasons. The HR manager was very kind and understanding when I asked if she could get back to me as soon as possible because I had another opportunity to follow up on. She indeed did call me back right away the next business day. I was able to do a final interview with the Hotel Manager and General Manager within two weeks of my initial interview. Overall, my experience was OUTSTANDING. Everyone I met for my interviews were very kind, professional and welcoming. Even the staff that I encountered in the hallways and offices were acknowledging and welcoming. I am very happy with my experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your were given feedback by your leader/supervisor.   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview process is long. You interviewed with HR, Department Head, and GM. They ask behavior based questions to test your friendliness. Questions like tell me about a time when you had to deal with a negative situation.

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The HR department for the hotel I interviewed for strung me along for weeks. They never called me with a final decision even though I had spoken to the manager a few times and she assured me they would reach out to me. Felt very unprofessional for a Four Seasons.

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Four Seasons in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long, but very precise and detailed. It took about a month to complete. First the candidate must apply online, the human resources department calls for a first interview, if that one is successful you have another interview with the HR manager. After the second one is accepted, you interview with the department head and finally the hotel manager.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Denver, CO).

Interview

4 interview step process as per Four Seasons policy.

Submitted application through website, was contacted by HR for a 1:1 interview. Questions are situation based to mainly evaluate attitude and logic. Questions like, "Why Four Seasons?" "Tell me about a time where you had a conflict" Interview lasted around 45 minutes. Interviewer was very friendly and warm. Make sure to ask your interviewer good questions at the end of the interview. Very general attitude based questions

After following up, was interviewed by department manager a few weeks later. Make sure to do research on the department you're applying for. Was asked more specific role based situational questions to feel out your previous training and your methods. Many of the questions were the same as HR questions. Interview was professional but very laid back. More general attitude questions with some specific job related questions

They are mainly looking for someone who is warm and genuinely friendly and is willing to go above and beyond to meet the needs of guests. Attitude is key. They are wanting to hire more for attitude because skill can be taught later. If the department head likes you, they are usually your direct supervisor and will vouch for you for the next two interviews. Next two interviews are just for the higher ups to give their OK and see if you will fit with company culture. Each interview will give you an insight to company culture. (its great!)

Next interview is with division head and it was very short. At this point they usually trust your department head's word on their opinion of you.

Next interview is with GM of hotel. Short and sweet, they ask very general questions that is more conversational to see how you respond rather than testing out your skills. Every interviewer just wants to see passion and friendliness and the willingness to grow with the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the expectation of service?
      Why Four Seasons
      How have you dealt with an upset guest
      Where do you see yourself in the future?
      What is your weakness?
      Four Seasons demands long hours, are you prepared to do that?

What do you know about Four Seasons?
      What do you like about the position you're applying for?
      Would you ever break a rule to please a guest?   1 Answer

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (New York, NY).

Interview

The hotel worked around my schedule. Due to location, all my interviews were conducted via phone and I was never asked to fly to interview in person. Very standard interview process with HR, a department head, and with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Give me an experience that you set out to achieve that you didn't meet and what did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Four Seasons (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for concierge position but was new to the area so the interviewer told me I needed more knowledge about Las Vegas before becoming a concierge. She was so helpful and sweet about it! She even helped me that second find something else at the company I would be interested in. I ended up interviewing for a server position right then and there and she helped me push through to get all interviews taken care of within a few days. So helpful and great company so far!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

3 interviews. Went from HR manager, to the manager of department, and finally the Director of department. Somewhat of a basic interview. Just answer honestly and truthfully with some sense in your answers.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions. Wasn't too hard to answer honestly and truthfully with a little tactfullness,   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Three separate interviews, all in one day. About a 4 hour process. First interviewed with HR. Generic questions like "why the four seasons", and "give me an example of...". Waited an hour to meet with manager of restaurant. Way more personal and intimate interview. Pretty much talked about what my schedule will be like, the uniform, what a day on the floor will be like, etc. Then was asked to wait another hour to meet with HR once more. This time a group interview setting. Pretty much a teamwork exercise seeing how everyone will possibly work as a team.

Was asked to stay for each additional interview spanning from 1pm to 5pm for them to tell me "we will get back you in two days with our decision.." Next day receive an e-mail stating they will unfortunately not continue my application process.

Talked to another applicant who drove over an hour three separate times for those three interviews only to also be turned down. Very large waste of time, not sure why three separate interviews are needed to make the decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Four Seasons?
      Give me an example of a time where you had to make a split second decision.
      Example of a time where you went above and beyond for your guest.   Answer Question

Room Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Jackson, WY) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through 3 different interviews. The best thing was how quick they were to reach out to me, probably four days after I submitted my resume they called me. Set up a skype interview with my direct manager which lasted about 30 mins, then a 5 min phone call with the director of operations and finally another phone call roughly 20 mins with the HR director. All were very nice and thorough. They asked alot of questions regarding previous situations in my other jobs. Pretty simple if you have work experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever gotten into an argument with another employee?   1 Answer