Four Seasons Waitstaff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Waitstaff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Baltimore, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

Responded thru craigslist. Got a call from a hiring manager for restaurants, had a quick phone interview. He asked if I'd come in and talk to him, I made an appt and went to the interview. Through no fault of the interviewer, I had a ho hum interview. At the end of our interview, he said he was going to kick my application upstairs, which I thought meant yeah, whatever. 10 days or so later I got a call from an assistant to one of the restaurant managers to come in and meet with the restaurant manager. Had a great interview with him. He sent my app back up to human resources, they called a few days later and had me come in two days later for an interview with them. Had great interview with HR. HR director had me come back the next day to speak to the Hotel Manager. He talked to me for a bit, said welcome to Four Seasons, follow me to HR for paperwork. Paperwork means a saliva drug test and a sign off on a criminal background check. They said they'd call me in a couple days to come in and be fitted for a uniform and do paperwork. It wasn't a couple days, it was 9 days later that that they called and left me a message welcoming me to Four Seasons and call back for my start date. I had no idea it would take that long, and thought I didn't pass the drug test or the background check or something - which woulda pissed me off cuz I'm clean a stinking whistle, but In that time, I actually received another job offer and accepted it.

So when Four Seasons finally called I had a decision to make...I decided to go ahead and start with Four Season's and started the two day orientation this week.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Four Season's experience?   1 Answer
  • What have you done recently to make a client's experience exceptional?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's no negotiation...they either want you or they don't. They either offer you a job or they don't. It did take a while....but it will be worth it I hope. The one thing I wish I woulda asked sooner was the tip sharing thing...not sure how that'll work out, but I believe you get out what you put into it...