Fox's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fox's

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mineola, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fox's (Mineola, NY).

Interview

Interview process was good and thorough, the Ownership and corporate office was involved. It's a case of saying and wanting one thing but when you're hired it's a completely different thing, like a bait and switch scenario. It seems like a promising company until you actually get into the reality that a family owned business doesn't accept change easily.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating in my case

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fox's.

Interview

You are grossly misled on the job and salary. Nothing is clear, they try to confuse you. They don't tell you exactly the lay structure or that you are on camera at all times with them calling the store every minute

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fox's (Stamford, CT) in September 2013.

Interview

Well so far just phone screen if even that. The lady from coporate just basically ask about clienteling so be prepared to at least know what that means because most retailing is just that the more expensive the product the more hiney kissing!!!! Also she did not want to hear about customer service just only clienteling um did we not review the resume before wasting my time I don't know how much clienteling I can do as a manager at Burger King. I think they just saw manager and went with it of course I have experience working with snobs!!!!! Lastly no other questions about management style just "CLIENTELING". Once you have been a manager for 20. Years you can be one anywhere!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• If you don't have experience clienteling we are not interested in much else.... So do you?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mineola, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fox's (Mineola, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Answered job posting online. Spoke with Hr person. One of the owners calls 2 weeks later. 2 weeks after that I go in. The interview is with HR person and each of the owners individually. I might add that I did not receive a handshake greeting and there were no exchanges of business cards which i thought unprofessional. They were also interviewing someone else at around the same time that I was scheduled, so I was forced to sit around waiting to meet everyone.

I lost 3 hours of my day.

I was told that they would be in touch and I never heard anything.

Fox's always has positions available and I think they keep looking to interview people with the hope that they will find what they want. It doesn't work that way! Know what you want and then you won't waste people's precious time!!!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mineola, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fox's (Mineola, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is not easy. Knowing someone in the company or being a familiar face to store will better your chances at getting an interview. People that work there mainly stay so they do not hire often. You will need to be at the right place at the right time so to speak. I would be friendly with someone and get to know them and ask to speak to the owner directly as many resumes tend to get lost in transport.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fox's (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Phone interview went great DM was extremely friendly but I don't think that corporate communication is up to par. They then asked me to visit store and to contact them afterwards to schedule interview. I then was scheduled for 3 interviews back to back with a variety of different people including the owner himself. Interviews lasted about 1 hr and seemed to go well but never heard back from them. I don't think these people know what they want. They'd be better off hiring from within instead of wasting people's time.

Interview Questions

• what does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer