Foxconn Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Foxconn Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Foxconn

2.9

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Foxconn (San Jose, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Pretty basic questions for any engineer role. No riddles or hypothetical puzzles. Questions on your background, what you studied or projects you worked on, questions about making work commitments, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Foxconn

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Foxconn.

Interview

Phone interview is just went through your resume. On site interview is to complete a design challenge, present your design and answered their questions. Interviewed by a small group of people.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Foxconn (Cupertino, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process is of three steps: Phone screen, Project, and On-site.
    Phone screen was basic HR question + Resume review.
    The project let you design something that applies the knowledge in Engineering, Design, and Manufacturing. Things that are helpful: DFX and manufacturing processes.
    I presented the project in the on-site interview. The on-site was a half day 4-5 hours presentation+additional questions session. Very thorough questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you justify your design?
      How would you design a plastic part and its mold?
      How would you tell the difference between materials?
      -In a nutshell: materials, design, and manufacturing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foxconn (City of Industry, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I spoke with a representative/recruiter at my university's career fair and dropped off my resume with them there.

I received a call from an HR representative a few months later and did a phone screening / interview which was mostly behavioral. I was invited to an in person interview at their City of Industry location where a panel consisting of the HR representative, a senior engineer in person and another senior engineer through video conference in Pennsylvania.

I had to present a project which I have worked on and was asked more behavioral questions. Then I was also asked for my area of interest and what type of positions I was willing to fill. In general the atmosphere was pretty relaxed.

Interview Questions

• If you worked on a project with four team members and after the project was completed, I offered you two tickets to a football game so you and one other member of the team can attend. Would you accept or how would you react?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foxconn.

Interview

Applied online, get a phone interview around two weeks later. That phone interview took 50mins. Recruiter is very pushy, questioning very thing I said, and it made me very stressful. Ask lot of details of projects, way much details for the first phone interview, and ask me contradicted question after I gave answers and told me my answers didn't make sense. The whole process was very frustrating and uncomfortable.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foxconn.

Interview

Just like other comments a phone interview at first just for some basic questions. On site interview is to present your design as presentation for a group of engineers and answered their questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foxconn (Cupertino, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

applied online, then get the email from HR in a week, a hire manager phone screen was set, i was assigned a homework to give a mechanical design and the manufacturing process presentation. a lot of detailed question regarding the manufacturing process.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Foxconn.

Interview

Email me first to schedule the time for the skype interview. And then we have the skype interview on time. English at the begining and then Taiwanese continues. The process is smooth and slow, they are eager to get to know the answer of the question they asked.

Interview Questions

• Basic cad modeling question   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foxconn (Taipei (Taiwan)) in April 2015.

Interview

Great manager to introduce the job and environment.
    Nice colleague said I am very suitable to the job.
    Having solid manufacturing background to build the robots.
    But I hate the paper works needed to do before interview and asking so many unrelated questions.

Interview Questions

Do not expect they can give you competitive salary.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Foxconn (Taipei (Taiwan)) in May 2010.

Interview

English test first. and then Face 2 face interview if you pass the English test.
    Talk with the hiring manager and HR. normally, if you agreed to stay in china forever. then you will got the offer absolutely.

Interview Questions

• Are you single? if there any problem to stay in china for a long time.   Answer Question