Fractal Analytics Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

3.3

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

The process in itself was a great experience. It started with an aptitude test followed by the coding test, technical interview, business interview and HR interview. Both the tests were online and interviews were conducted at Gurgaon office.

Interview Questions

• The background of each and everything I mentioned in the resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fractal Analytics

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Coding test based on R/Python followed by 2 technical/strategic interviews & one HR interview

Guidelines -

Get used to the coding test platform by solving the sample test
    Don't put any statistical techniques on your resume if you don't have in-depth knowledge about that topic
    Say "Don't know" in case if you are not able to answer any question because you might end up worsening the situation by attempting it wrongly

Interview Questions

• What are Consequences of Heteroscedasticity in Linear Regression?
      What are Consequences of Auto-correlation in Linear Regression?   Answer Question
    • What the input arguments for building ARIMAX model?
      How to get order of Auto Regression while building Time Series Model?
      What's the difference/relation between Covariance & Correlation?   Answer Question
    • Why do we normalize data before performing K-means clustering?
      Why do we remove outliers before performing K-means clustering? How does it affect number of K-means cluster?   Answer Question
    • Given an equation of logistic regression, How will you calculate probability of event happening/not-happening?
      What's the range of odd's ratio in logistic regression?
      What's the range of log of odd's ratio in logistic regression?
      What are the different ways to check the performance of logistic regression?
      What are concordance & discordance pairs in logistic regression?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

There were 4 rounds. i) Online assessment test- 2 stages, 40 marks aptitude and 20 marks quant (quant was really hard so practice that).
    ii)Technical discussion- what you have worked on previously , any projects, maybe guesstimates
    iii)Business discussion- case is presented to you and you have to come up with a solution
    iv) HR discussion- normal enough

Interview Questions

• Give us and instance when you worked in a team where you weren't the leader and how you contributed   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online in their site through my CV. I was informed I would have to appear for the process in Bangalore within three days. I booked flights and hotel stay and made it to Bangalore from Kolkata. Only to be informed after the aptitude test that none of us cleared it. They weren't really in need of candidates. The trip cost me fortunes, almost a month's salary for some, since there was no reimbursement from their side. Ironically, the company endorses having great human values and treating people with respect. Very disappointing experience, as a fresher.

Application

Interview

I have applied for the process online and travelled around 900 km in a couple of days notice. The first round was an aptitude test. It was a bit difficult followed by 3 discussions(interviews). They were named as personal discussion, business discussion and HR discussion. I have had a very good experience in the very first round of interview which is of personal discussion. The interviewer asked me some puzzles, interests, skills and few other job related questions. It was a pleasant experience and the interviewer took away all my fear about the interview.
    The second round was a business interview where I had a negative experience. It looked more or like a HR interview or rather should call it like a background check. I couldn't make my way through it. But after finding the results, I learnt that I am in no way evaluated in those parameters. The interviewer lacks basic knowledge and he mistook one for another and evaluated me. I still don't understand how he was selected for the interview panel. He lacked a posture, wasn't courteous at all and apart from all this had and put some disgusting expressions as if he wasn't interested to do it. I am sure that the company is a good one and takes care of things really well. But still couldn't figure out as to why they have sent such a person.

Interview Questions

• A couple of puzzles, guesstimates, questions on statistics and on my resume   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview Process consisted of four rounds.
    1.Aptitude
    2.Technincal Round
    3.Business Round
    4.HR Round

The overall experience was good and the main thing is to focus on your basics and get them right.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics in May 2017.

Interview

First Round- SQL test on hackerrank. Average difficulty questions.
    Then there were 3 face to face rounds.
    First was related to your resume and skill set. They just wanted to check if you know everything, you've written.
    Second interview was again related to your Cv and a business case study.
    Third was HR round. Normal questions like why fractal and all.

I was told after the interviews that I've been selected. But the compensation is below market average so did not accept the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Was conducted in many rounds lot of filtering very difficult interview process they have very high cutoff they are missing out good talent. they reject candidates even for minute gaps which can be easily solved with a little grooming, They ask very difficult questions even for entry level.

Hr and staff were friendly. faced lots of grilling. expect lesser filtering from them so that they don't miss out on deserving candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview Process usually takes a whole day here and is very slow. I got a call on May and I appeared for the technical interview won May 21.

Interview Questions

• I had given an interview for Tableau Consultant.They asked questions on Data harmonization in tableau(Join and Blend), what is the order of operations in tableau and about my experience in the last project.
      The thing I did not like was, since I did not answer the first 2 questions correctly the interviewer judged me on that basis only.From a total of 8 questions, I had answered 5 correctly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

I applied through walk-in in may 2016.There was an aptitude test comprising of quant, di, LR sections. We were shortlisted on the basis of marks in the test. There were 3 rounds of interview after the test. 2 technical and 1 HR round. Questions were based mostly on guesstimates.

Interview Questions

• Guess the number of burgers sold in mumbai.
      A brick and mortar store has falling sales of television sets. What would you do to arrest the fall with the help of data analytics.   Answer Question