Fractal Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

3.1

U S Head of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter indicating that I had been selected amongst a group of candidates that were short-listed. Recruiter screen via phone for approx 1/2 hour. Recruiter mainly inquired into my background and experience with talent management, human capital, immigration, and international experience. Contacted again indicating that there was interest and arranged another call with their Chief HR Officer. During the conversation with the CHRO, it was clear that there was a communication challenge (both parties) as she had a difficulty time understand American accent and articulation. It was also quite difficult understanding the interviewer as she lives and works from India. The interviewer took advantage of our time together to gain intel on how the US operates and what commonly used talent management technology we use. I think they will need to only source non-American candidates as 98% of their work population seems to be from India based on research. Received an email indicating that they decided to pursue other candidates. It is clear from the Glassdoor reviews that this company is plagued with issues. Good thing that they didn't want to pursue further as that would have also been my decision to not proceed to any next steps. Huge cultural disconnect, unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your background and experience?
      What is my philosophy on performance management?
      Have I worked across the globe and supported business units at an international level?
      Compensation history.

Fractal Analytics Response

Apr 29, 2016 – Director - HR

I lead the Talent Acquisition for our Global operations & I appreciate you sharing your experience of interviewing with us. As a company, we do appreciate your thought process & I apologize for ... More

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Newark, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of interview. Mostly around program and project management and work experience. There were two case based questions. Asked more about how I managed a team and the kind of work I did in previous analytical engagements. Overall an average experience.

Interview Questions

• How I will grow sales in a particular scenario? How did I manage a team? How many people were there in the team? Talk more about our projects.   Answer Question

Analytics Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Simple and easy. If you have good working experience on Analytics project then you should be good. They have a very lengthy interview process as you might need keep bugging them on the results.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving, Analytics Case studies, SAS etc.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Interview

Nothing much to report...easy going and not too intense

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

There was an online aptitude test.English followed by logical reasoning. Last section was math.
    I was provided with a laptop but it restarted automatically for installing updates so I lost around 10 minutes in the exam which is pretty crucial given the number of questions asked.
    I did ask them for extra time but they refused stating the cocubes test portal is automatic -_-

Interview Questions

• Basic math questions.You can find them in Arun sharma book.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

There were one aptitude test and total four rounds of interviews. First two rounds were face to face and last two rounds were telephonic.

Aptitude test - test was pretty easy. Quant questions were little below CAT level. Questions were mainly from P&C, probability, time and distance etc. I think speed will determine your success here.

Verbal questions were mainly from RC. Passages were very interesting. Difficulty level is same as CAT.

Post aptitude test 4 candidates were selected out of total 13 candidates.

Interview round 1 - this was mainly resume round.
     Most of the questions were from resume and previous work experience. One puzzle was asked - 25 horses 5 tracks. How to pick top 3 fasted horses.

Interview round 2 - this was case study round. I was asked two case studies. One of those was to find variables in auto insurance fraud detection.

Interview round 3 - questions were mainly from client managing experience. Gave a real life situation to meet deadline with resource constraints.

Interview round 4 - this was HR round. Questions were from previous employers and work culture.

Interview round 5 - director round. Questions were mainly from my previous client management experience and stability and goal oriented.

Interview Questions

• 1. How many projects you managed ?
      2. What are the variables you can think of to understand fraud in auto insurance.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through fractal careers page.
    First Round: Online Coding Exam,3 questions Time 90 mins.
    Written exam was easy 2 algorithmic questions and 1 data science question was there.
    Second Round: Telephonic Discussion level of questions was Easy to average. More focused on my Kaggle Profile and Kaggle Data Science Competitions.
    Third Round : Questions on Projects and whatever mentioned in Resume.
    Fourth Round: HR basic questions like Why Fractal,Tell one thing not in your resume etc etc.

Interview Questions

Offer was not meeting the expectation.

Junior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview

4 rounds
    1-resume based questions.
    2-questions on probability and guestimation
    3-HR round
    4-technical round to know how software/programming savy you are.
    The interviewers very very smart people. They were looking for your ability to think on your feet and make quick but correct decisions.They were also focusing on the communication skills and if we understood whatever we had learnt in our academics.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

I applied through walk-in in may 2016.There was an aptitude test comprising of quant, di, LR sections. We were shortlisted on the basis of marks in the test. There were 3 rounds of interview after the test. 2 technical and 1 HR round. Questions were based mostly on guesstimates.

Interview Questions

• Guess the number of burgers sold in mumbai.
      A brick and mortar store has falling sales of television sets. What would you do to arrest the fall with the help of data analytics.

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

1. Telephonic technical round.
    They like to drill down to depth of your technical details and learn also about breadth of your expertise.
    2. Managerial round :
    More on project and designing a random project .
    And current project details.,

Interview Questions

• Designing a booking website and writing all the test cases for it, with all details captured.   Answer Question