Fractal Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fractal Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview

Love the company and it seems to be on the right trajectory. Found out that it's mandatory for all sales reps to go to the New Jersey everyday. Who goes to the office to sell?

Interview Questions

• Asked all the right questions, then the last question: Can you come to New Jersey everyday for work? That means come in then go out to sales calls. Not efficient use of time and energy.   1 Answer

U S Head of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter indicating that I had been selected amongst a group of candidates that were short-listed. Recruiter screen via phone for approx 1/2 hour. Recruiter mainly inquired into my background and experience with talent management, human capital, immigration, and international experience. Contacted again indicating that there was interest and arranged another call with their Chief HR Officer. During the conversation with the CHRO, it was clear that there was a communication challenge (both parties) as she had a difficulty time understand American accent and articulation. It was also quite difficult understanding the interviewer as she lives and works from India. The interviewer took advantage of our time together to gain intel on how the US operates and what commonly used talent management technology we use. I think they will need to only source non-American candidates as 98% of their work population seems to be from India based on research. Received an email indicating that they decided to pursue other candidates. It is clear from the Glassdoor reviews that this company is plagued with issues. Good thing that they didn't want to pursue further as that would have also been my decision to not proceed to any next steps. Huge cultural disconnect, unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your background and experience?
      What is my philosophy on performance management?
      Have I worked across the globe and supported business units at an international level?
      Compensation history.   Answer Question

Apr 29, 2016 – Director - HR

I lead the Talent Acquisition for our Global operations & I appreciate you sharing your experience of interviewing with us.

As a company, we do appreciate your thought process & I apologize for... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview

Online tests Aptitude and coding.
    First is a technical interview which tests your machine learning and statistics basics.(like CLT, logistic regression, random forrest)
    You will be asked guess estimate questions as well.

Interview Questions

Fractal Analytics Response

Nov 14, 2017 – Manager - Human Capital

Thank you for sharing the details of your recruiting experience with Fractal. We appreciate you taking the time to review our recruitment process. Fractal wishes you all the best for your future... More

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process for me comprised of 5 stages -
    1. Technical Interview – This discussion was more about my past experience, and understanding if my experience matches the role requirements.
    2. CPG Domain Interview – Questions on analytical tools and techniques, multiple guesstimate questions like these (1. Predicting the fate of a new movie, 2. Elevator logic, and 3. Estimating the volume of traffic passing the company campus on ORR)
    3. HR Interview – Questions on the leadership style, stakeholder management skills, ranking technical skills, and role fitment review
    4. Written test – SQL (6 questions in 60mins)
    5. Domain Interview – Again, questions on analytical tools and techniques, discussion on my past experience, and multiple guesstimate questions (1. Estimating the market for a new pharma product launch, and 2. Improving profit margins for a restaurant chain)

All rounds I believe are elimination rounds, including the HR round.

The whole interview experience was a pleasant one, and was very well managed by the concerned HR (Rachna). The interviewers too were very courteous and appeared to be experts in their respective domains. It was a pleasure interacting with the team (Takshila, Kishore, and Minu).

Hope to successfully crack the interview the next time around!

Java Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goregaon (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Goregaon (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

My interview was scheduled at 10 am
    My spoc was amit jaiswal awsome guy to show up when you are stressed .
    As he took h.r round he asked for coffee and made.me comfortable.
    Later on the usual h.r question abou your project and background .
    Later on my technical round was taken
    Another guy with positive attitude .he also first asked me about my project ande background then he started with technical round
    First sql queries like
    Average salay
    Max salary
    Avg salary of particular dept(in which i failed:D)
    Then with java questions
    Algorithms like
    Find out the smallest no
    Inheritance
    Interface
    Implementation

Interview Questions

Fractal Analytics Response

Nov 6, 2017 – Manager - Human Capital

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience interviewing with Fractal Analytics. Its great to know that you found the experience to be a positive one, and that the nature of... More

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview

Shortlisting : I applied via Linkedin. I did Internship in Deep Learning and won a Hackathon, I guess they shortlisted me because of these credentials even though it required experience and I am a Fresher.
    1st Round : Codind test on Hacker rank. 1 ML problem and 3 normal coding challenges. Got accepted to the next round.
    2nd Round : Telephonic. It was worse. I lost all my confidence half way through. Interviewer had the worst fluency and pronunciation I had ever seen. I couldn't answer some questions which I can explain even in my sleep. Lost the round.

Interview Questions

• Basis Statistics and Probability..Distributions,Metrics,Parameters in distributions, examples.
      Data Preprocessing...NAs,Outliers,Boxplots.   Answer Question

Oct 6, 2017 – Manager - Human Capital

Hey, Sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for taking time out and sharing your candid feedback. We want to deliver a great experience for you as a prospective Fractalite, and are... More

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

Total of 5 rounds. Each is an elimination round.

1) Online Aptitude test(Moderate Difficulty)
    2) Online SQL test(Moderate Difficulty) - other options are R, python, etc
    3) Personal discussion - Technical round(Difficult)
    4) Personal discussion - Business round(Difficult)
    5) Personal discussion - HR round(Difficult)

Personal Discussion rounds mostly centered around things mentioned in your resume. Interviewers asked a lot of good quality questions about them. So if you are sure and confident about them then there is no issue there. Case studies and guesstimate questions were asked in Technical and business rounds. Some technical questions about SQL, excel were also asked. HR round was filled with typical HR questions.

All the interviewers were very warm and well behaved.

I cleared all the rounds and this is where the issue started. Few days after the interview I got a mail from my HR point of contact to share documents like payslips, appointment/offer letter, etc. I replied them promptly with the details. One day later I got a mail from them stating that I am not a suitable match for the role. And I am getting this after clearing all the rounds and then HR went ahead and got the documents from me too.

If I was unsuitable for the role, my profile shouldn't have been shortlisted or the interviewers should have rejected me. Either of that didn't happen. So I'm not sure what went wrong and who made that decision. I spent 4000k for travel and accommodation to attend an interview for which I was "not suitable". I didn't expect this from a company like Fractal. This is not how I wanted to remember the company.

Interview Questions

• Challenges with vlookup in excel
      What is primary key and foreign key
      Estimate the market for hair growth product
      How would you market and promotion strategies for a new credit card
      Estimate the number of red cars in Bangalore
      How would get the most recent and first transaction of each customer from a database   Answer Question

Oct 30, 2017 – Manager - Human Capital

Hey,

Thanks a lot for your time in reviewing our interview process. We are certainly not happy to know about the experience you had with us. Please note that document verification is a part of the... More

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Called for an aptitude round, questions were easy and everyone did well in paper but still no one in a group are further shortlisted for the interview round.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Mumbai (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

There are 3 rounds:-
    Technical Discussion
    Business Discussion
    HR Discussion

They will ask everything on resume.
    Be ready with each and everything whatever you have mentioned on resume.
    They are very clever ,so not to fake answer.Be genuine.

Interview Questions

• Directory structure of Tomcat
      how to change port of tomcat .Name and of file which contains port number.
      how ports are there.
      where jar file stored
      steps to run project on tomcat
      how Generics works with exmple
      how to achieve abstraction and polymorphysm or encapsulation.
      difference between http and https
      using recursion calculate sum of given numbers
      complicated single SQL Query using joins,nested query   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview

I applied through employee referral online. There were four rounds in all, consisting of one aptitude test(70 min, 70 question) and three interviews. The test consisted of Data Interpretation ,Logical reasoning, Quantitative ability and verbal sections. except DI rest sections were pretty easy. The level of DI was similar CAT . Two interviews were technical (case study/guesstimate/resume review) and the third was HR (general behaviour related questions.

Interview Questions

• How will you calculate the revenue of a simple dosa shop?   Answer Question