Fractal Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

138 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

U S Head of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter indicating that I had been selected amongst a group of candidates that were short-listed. Recruiter screen via phone for approx 1/2 hour. Recruiter mainly inquired into my background and experience with talent management, human capital, immigration, and international experience. Contacted again indicating that there was interest and arranged another call with their Chief HR Officer. During the conversation with the CHRO, it was clear that there was a communication challenge (both parties) as she had a difficulty time understand American accent and articulation. It was also quite difficult understanding the interviewer as she lives and works from India. The interviewer took advantage of our time together to gain intel on how the US operates and what commonly used talent management technology we use. I think they will need to only source non-American candidates as 98% of their work population seems to be from India based on research. Received an email indicating that they decided to pursue other candidates. It is clear from the Glassdoor reviews that this company is plagued with issues. Good thing that they didn't want to pursue further as that would have also been my decision to not proceed to any next steps. Huge cultural disconnect, unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your background and experience?
      What is my philosophy on performance management?
      Have I worked across the globe and supported business units at an international level?
      Compensation history.   Answer Question

Fractal Analytics Response

Apr 29, 2016 – Director - HR

I lead the Talent Acquisition for our Global operations & I appreciate you sharing your experience of interviewing with us. As a company, we do appreciate your thought process & I apologize for... More

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Newark, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of interview. Mostly around program and project management and work experience. There were two case based questions. Asked more about how I managed a team and the kind of work I did in previous analytical engagements. Overall an average experience.

Interview Questions

• How I will grow sales in a particular scenario? How did I manage a team? How many people were there in the team? Talk more about our projects.   Answer Question

Analytics Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Simple and easy. If you have good working experience on Analytics project then you should be good. They have a very lengthy interview process as you might need keep bugging them on the results.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving, Analytics Case studies, SAS etc.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Interview

Nothing much to report...easy going and not too intense

Associate Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through CoCubes. We were shortlisted through CoCubes. I was interviewed at the Gurgaon Office. They called us at 8:00 am but the process started by 9:00. Firstly, there was this Logical and English test, which was of moderate level. It was 25 minutes and we had 25 questions to be solved. Time is the key there. After this, there were a 15 minutes quant test which had 10 questions. The level of questions was difficult. After the test, they shortlisted 2 out of 21 people appeared for the test. The interviewer will grill your Resume, so don't fake anything.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about the DS, searching algorithms and their complexity,   Answer Question
    • He will also ask you about the case studies and guess estimate questions, like what are the average number of cups of tea that are consumed in a day in your college?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Coding test based on R/Python followed by 2 technical/strategic interviews & one HR interview

Guidelines -

Get used to the coding test platform by solving the sample test
    Don't put any statistical techniques on your resume if you don't have in-depth knowledge about that topic
    Say "Don't know" in case if you are not able to answer any question because you might end up worsening the situation by attempting it wrongly

Interview Questions

• What are Consequences of Heteroscedasticity in Linear Regression?
      What are Consequences of Auto-correlation in Linear Regression?   Answer Question
    • What the input arguments for building ARIMAX model?
      How to get order of Auto Regression while building Time Series Model?
      What's the difference/relation between Covariance & Correlation?   Answer Question
    • Why do we normalize data before performing K-means clustering?
      Why do we remove outliers before performing K-means clustering? How does it affect number of K-means cluster?   Answer Question
    • Given an equation of logistic regression, How will you calculate probability of event happening/not-happening?
      What's the range of odd's ratio in logistic regression?
      What's the range of log of odd's ratio in logistic regression?
      What are the different ways to check the performance of logistic regression?
      What are concordance & discordance pairs in logistic regression?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

There were 4 rounds. i) Online assessment test- 2 stages, 40 marks aptitude and 20 marks quant (quant was really hard so practice that).
    ii)Technical discussion- what you have worked on previously , any projects, maybe guesstimates
    iii)Business discussion- case is presented to you and you have to come up with a solution
    iv) HR discussion- normal enough

Interview Questions

• Give us and instance when you worked in a team where you weren't the leader and how you contributed   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

R/ Python Coding Test (nothing related to data science but proper coding questions were asked) ,Telephonic Interview on Resume's Project and all machine learning techniques. Feature Engineering is most important for them
    ( Not for freshers ). kaggle competitions will definitely help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online in their site through my CV. I was informed I would have to appear for the process in Bangalore within three days. I booked flights and hotel stay and made it to Bangalore from Kolkata. Only to be informed after the aptitude test that none of us cleared it. They weren't really in need of candidates. The trip cost me fortunes, almost a month's salary for some, since there was no reimbursement from their side. Ironically, the company endorses having great human values and treating people with respect. Very disappointing experience, as a fresher.

Application

Interview

I have applied for the process online and travelled around 900 km in a couple of days notice. The first round was an aptitude test. It was a bit difficult followed by 3 discussions(interviews). They were named as personal discussion, business discussion and HR discussion. I have had a very good experience in the very first round of interview which is of personal discussion. The interviewer asked me some puzzles, interests, skills and few other job related questions. It was a pleasant experience and the interviewer took away all my fear about the interview.
    The second round was a business interview where I had a negative experience. It looked more or like a HR interview or rather should call it like a background check. I couldn't make my way through it. But after finding the results, I learnt that I am in no way evaluated in those parameters. The interviewer lacks basic knowledge and he mistook one for another and evaluated me. I still don't understand how he was selected for the interview panel. He lacked a posture, wasn't courteous at all and apart from all this had and put some disgusting expressions as if he wasn't interested to do it. I am sure that the company is a good one and takes care of things really well. But still couldn't figure out as to why they have sent such a person.

Interview Questions

• A couple of puzzles, guesstimates, questions on statistics and on my resume   1 Answer