Fractal Analytics Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fractal Analytics Senior Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics in December 2015.

Interview

I had so much respect for the company but after getting interviewed I realized it's nothing good. The people that interviewed me were knowing nothing about the role they currently work at, they are not updated with any of the new aspects in Data science community. They can't identify talent as they have no knowledge. It has time for fractal to invest in their middle managers as well as HR. HR are pathetic, I think they should be given some technical training as well as hiring in IT based company is tough for people who have no interest.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fractal Analytics

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview

It had 3 rounds, each lasting around 45 mins. Largely revolves on logical thinking and problem solving skills. A lot of focus on problem solving as that is what expected of the analysis here at Fractal.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Mumbai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

3-4 interviews- not much technical.. 1st round (usually taken by analytics lead): You can expect very technical questions
    2nd round (usually by senior consultant/ assc director level): No technical qs, only past work ex related questions
    3rd round (by director/VP level): very general, no technical qs
    4th round HR: normal HR questions- strengths, weaknesses, dream job etc etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, that's the bad part of the entire interview process

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

2 rounds of interview, HR and Technical. Generic questions related to market strategy and data analytics. Be well aware about the current best practices for different verticals.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

Seemless process. The results were announced on same day. It took a total of 3 to 5 rounds. Vibrant office. Friendly people. Polite Interviewers. Seemless process. The results were announced on same day. It took a total of 3 to 5 rounds. Vibrant office. Friendly people. Polite Interviewers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are very strict on Bands

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Mumbai (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

The process took a total of 3 days from the first telephonic interview to the final offer being made. Since I was not working in either Mumbai or Gurgaon at the time, the two places that Fractal has offices in in India, my entire interview process was conducted via telephone.
    The HR was very considerate and accommodating in getting the interviews scheduled as per my convenience.
    The first round was taken by an Associate Director and lasted 35-40 minutes. The interviewer tried to put me at ease by asking very general questions initially. The interview involved some general IQ questions and ended with a small business case.
    The second round was held two days later and taken by a Director. The interviewer asked more general questions pertaining to my willingness to change my field of work. A relatively simple guesstimate question was asked. The interview ended with the interviewer explaining the structure and work culture at Fractal and how it would help in case I got an offer.
    The last round was an HR interview whose purpose is very difficult to comprehend for an engineer. I got an offer immediately after the HR interview ended.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Why analytics and why do you want to switch to the analytics domain?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only downside was that the offer put on the table was non-negotiable while being less than what I was earning already.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview

It was a swift recruitment process. I applied via employee referral.
    4 rounds - 3 technical and 1 HR Round. Basic Statistical Questions asked in technical Round. Then some Case Studies relating to my Business Experience - Sales, marketing etc. They look at how deeply you interpret things, how much you go deep and how much rational thinking capability you have. Answering a simple case study doesn't mean you have answered it correctly but how many scenarios, interpretations, outside variables you can bring into that. How much you can relate It to your experience. I enjoyed the interview process as I found the interviewer very warm and it was evident that they have a strong culture fostered in their employees.

I would advice that you brush up your statistics knowledge with the practical case studies (Marketing Modeling, Sales, Price vs Demand etc) You should be able to relate analytics/statistics with Business. Apart from that you have to be confident and willing to adapt during the interview. And most important give positive vibes that your really interested to become their employee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have specific bands where they will place you with your experience, It doesn't matter if you have a higher package or less package. They will place you in a segment of what they pay to their current employees. Slight marginal difference might be there with respect to 50-80k negotiation. But its really tough to negotiate. You will be close to what they pay to their employees.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Good and a nice experience.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Mumbai (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was quick and well managed. 3 rounds of interview: 2 technical and 1 HR. Consisted of case studies, puzzles, resume and behavioral questions. Resume based questions + focus on your past achievements..

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

3 Rounds:

First 2 were technical, mostly resume based and basic stats concept check.
    Easy to clear first two if you have full grasp on any interesting project done.
    Also in the problem solving section they look for quite a out of the box thinking.

I couldnt clear the HR round as I was not prepared with the basic questions like where do you see yourself 5 years from now & long term career goals.

Interview Questions

• In the first round was asked couple of case studies related to the offered role sector, short ones just to check directional thought process.
      In the second couple of puzzles were asked, think it aloud, if deviating the interviewer will hint to help you.
      (Optional)Also be prepared to connect the dots throughout the professional career starting right away from the graduation days to have a clarity on long term career goals   Answer Question