Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.6

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP (Tucson, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by a partner, very casual, no behavioral question, just trying to know you.

They seriously treat this externship program as 1st round of the long term hiring process so they want to see your willingness to relocate to the Bay Area and work for them.

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was only asked about why did I choose accounting, during the interview. The Interviewer had no other questions, therefore I tried to engage her in a conversation to show that I was interested in Frank,Rimerman + Co. LLP. There were many questions I asked about the companies objectives, expectation of newly hires, and their client base.
    I found it highly suspicious that I was emailed by 2 other recruiters to set up to meet with one recruiter that never contacted me.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Emailed to go in for first round with HR. Made it pass the first round and was emailed two weeks later for a second round. Went in for second rounds with partner, manager, and had lunch with two associates. No real questions. Just a conversation getting to know you.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP.

Interview

A friendly half hour one on one interview with standard questions. The recruiter seemed like a very competent person who represented the firm well. Additionally, the recruiter kept the interview cordial and stress free.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I interviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Much more conversational than I expected, which I enjoyed. The interviewer, a campus recruiter, just wanted to get to know you better, which made it much more relaxing. No behavioral questions or any of that typical interview routine stuff. From application submission to hearing back, the entire process took a little more than two weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP.

Interview

Pretty informal and easier than most interviews. Very low-stress and actually quite enjoyable. From what I have heard, all the interviewers are pretty relaxed. The leadership program itself was better than most - less focused on the firm itself and more focused on the participants as individuals. Less stiff than the big 4.

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

I was not at all impressed. I believe that it truly has to do with the person in HR who interviewed me. It's too bad that talented candidates aren't being given a fair chance because of the idiotic gate keeperes.

My interviewer was quite rude. My time was scheduled for 30 minutes but she spent only 15 minutes with me. I got the overwhelming impression that candidates were already pre-selected and I was there only out of formality. She had my resume in front of her and it seemed as though she was looking at it for the first time. Her questions (see below) were terrible. After only a couple of moronic questions she asked me if I had any questions for her.

I tried to show off my knowledge of the company by incorporating my research into questions to get to know her genuine interest with the firm. She was not pleased. She actually responded very rudely telling me that she doesn't work in accounting and she is "just in HR". Geeze, I know that! I was trying to be polite, seeing as how you didn't do your job to come up with any real questions to ask me!!!!!

I still followed protocol and sent her a follow-up thank you message, to which I received a very disingenuine and impersonal we-don't-want-you reply, which actually stated that the process was "fair" [oh, the irony!].

Interview Questions

• 1. What is this [referring to my degree]?
      2. How did you get this job? It sounds easy. [yes, that truly is what was said]
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The on-campus recruiting was very smooth. One day of networking followed by an interview aimed at gauging your personality. Last came a second round interview in the Palo Alto office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you got into accounting at the university.   Answer Question
    • What does your experience with customer service bring to an accounting firm?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university's career website and had an on campus interview the next week. The interviewer was nice and the interview was mostly conversational. I wasn't asked any real questions.

Winter Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

On site interview. 30 Mins. The interviewer is friendly and easy to talk to. This was just first round interview, so basically the interviewer just wants to get to know you.
    The 2nd round interview will be 4 hours, including meeting with tax manager & tax partner and having lunch with some associates and other staff in the firm.

Interview Questions

• How did I choose my undergraduate school?
      How did I choose my graduate school?
      How do you hear about us?
      What do you do before class?
      What do you like to do for fun?
      What other firms did you apply?
      Answer Question