Frankie & Benny's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Frankie & Benny's Interview Questions

Interviews at Frankie & Benny's

2.0

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Frankie & Benny's (Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy - What do you know about Frankie & Benny's? Do you know what kinds of food we serve? I dropped my CV in and about 3 weeks later got invited to an interview, that same day I was offered the job and accepted it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are on minimum wage although there are tips that get offered, the problem is if you get cash tips they will take them from you and give them to the chefs and managers. Not fair.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Frankie & Benny's (Preston, North West England, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

I firstly handed in a curriculum vitae and then was invited back to the restaurant about a month afterwards after there was a vacancy so I was contacted for a face to face interview and had to agree a time I could come down. The interview was quick I made the assistant manager laugh and also expressed my appreciation of the brand ethos and the music and type of food they served.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middlesbrough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Frankie & Benny's (Middlesbrough, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

New store so needed loads of staff. Group interview. Room full of maybe 30+ people and 3 different groups. First activity was to as what the person next to you what their name is and their favourite meal and movie was then had to stand at the end and introduce to everyone who your partner was and what their favourite meal and movie is - looks best if you definitely remember these and be confident about standing up. 2nd activity was to build the tallest tower with everyone on your table with spaghetti and marsh mellows - during this listen and understand everyone's ideas and put your own across and get involved as much as you can. 3rd activity was there was an object on every table - all different, you had to pretend it was something that it wasn't say for example if it was a plate it had to be something more than just a plate.. after you came up with something you had to make a slogan for your object and also an advertisement. - song and dance during this would be all stars! After you present your advertisement you then stay at the front say your name then get a photo Then the phone call wait for the 2nd interview. This was 2 working days later - got a phone call if successful and an email if unsuccessful. 2nd interview was 1-1 with your new to-be-manager getting to know yourself and what you want from the job position wise. Then a phone call the next day as to whether you had the job or not. The manager I got was very friendly, we actually spent most of it deciding whether I should go to Ibiza or not ha.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At first they never told me if I was full time or part time so just confirm that before you put the phone down.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boldon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Frankie & Benny's (Boldon, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied on indeed and got an email to come in for an interview open day which they gave an application form and a very small interview.
    I got a call a week later for a proper interview which lasted about half an hour, very friendly and helpful information about the job. I then got a call the next day with an offer for the job.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Frankie & Benny's (Guildford, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

i came in, they asked me if i wanted something to drink, and then i was asked to fill in an application form. after that i was asked some general questions such as my motivation for working there, but mainly had a really pleasant conversation on a random topic that had nothing to do with the company or the position i applied for

Interview Questions

• what is your motivation for working here?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Frankie & Benny's (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed with an interview invite a few days later. At the interview there was around 60-70 people there. There was a presentation all about Frankies and Bennys restaurant and the job. We then had to talk to the person next to us and then introduced them to everyone else. We were then put into groups and given a list of words and had to pick 6 of them that best represented hospitality. Then with those wirds create a jingle and present to everyone else. We were then put in new groups and had to create an advert for a product we were given, ours was a skipping rope, abd present to everyone. There was then a Q&A session and we were told that if we got the job we would get a call that night. Overall it was a long and tiring process which took 3 hours.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Frankie & Benny's (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I saw an advert for the vacancy online so I called the store and was invited in for an interview the next day, Tuesday. I went in for an interview and was greeted by the manager who seemed really nice and friendly. The manager asked me a few questions regarding experience, jobs and then explained the role to me. I asked when I can expect to hear back and they told me by the weekend. On Friday I received a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• What relevant experience have I had?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Frankie & Benny's.

Interview

Pretty much walked in to the job, they were desperate for people see my review to get a good picture of things.

Interview Questions

• Absolutely none, easy questions the manager did all the talking too be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered the job there and then. Signed contract no negotiations apart from days I would be unavailable.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Frankie & Benny's (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

Very intense process considering the level of the job, at the point I declined the job I had been invited to an interview based upon my CV with a recruiter in a city an hour away, I then got invited a couple of days after the first interview to an interview with the area manager which was held a week later and then was told I would hear a week later and didn't hear for a month. I had however been told that I would probably need to attend a third interview before they would be able to offer a job to me. This would be fine if the job was high level or paid particularly well, however considering the number of hours they expect you to work the job doesn't pay well enough to warrant 3 interviews and an 8 week hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The restaurant manager was called over to have a chat with me and had clearly not been warned about it before hand so both of us were more like deer in the headlights about it.   3 Answers

Because it took a month for them to respond about the next stage of the process by which time I had alternative employment and had been working for a few weeks already.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Frankie & Benny's (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process with this company was really honestly so too tedious and redundant. Same questions asked in three interview stages between VP - Manager. I don't think it was a realistic interview that applied the knowledge and skill sets required of the job.