Frankie & Benny's Waiting Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Frankie & Benny's Waiting Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Frankie & Benny's

1 Interview Review

Waiting Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Frankie & Benny's (Mansfield, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online, via the Frankie and Benny's website, it was for a new restaurant opening. I then waited around 2 weeks, received an email inviting me to an interview within the same week if I remember correctly.

The interview itself was easy. It was a group interview, so all you had to do was muck in, in team tasks, make yourself noticeable, smile and be extremely friendly. For example we were given a random object, we had to make up what we wanted it to be, and then make a TV commercial for it to sell it. They won't look at how well you're doing the task they will look at how you conduct yourself. Dont just sit there and do nothing, be a leader and get stuck in. Suggest ideas, make sure you contribute in some way. I did not have an experience what so ever in food. So dont panic, this was my first ever job, just make sure that you get across that you are willing to learn.

If you apply for an already existing location your interview may be different, probably will involve you being invited to the restaurant and having a formal interview with the manager, which will have the same type of questions as above.

Also the dress code was 'smart casual' 1 lady who had worked in food for around 30 years turned up in a tracksuit.. did they get the job? certainly not.
Go more towards smart. For food interviews, keep perfume levels on the low, no jewelry and don't wear any nail varnish, and wear minimal makeup.

The same day the interview was on I heard that I got the job. They asked me to tell anyone else, but other people had already told some people, so I did too. I found some work buddies pretty quickly, from then on, training started. Going back to the place the interview took place. We learned everything there, menus, customer service etc, then we went to the restaurant about 1 week before opening. Again if you apply for an already existing location you will more than likely shadow someone for your first couple of shifts.

Overall the process of the interview was very good, very easy and generally a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why is customer service important?
    How would you deal with a complaint?
    Why is working in a team important?   1 Answer