Franklin Templeton Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Franklin Templeton Investments Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2018

2.9

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments.

Interview

First had a phone interview with the hiring manager, then met a week later in person with one of the team members who was traveling to where I was living. A few weeks later I was brought to HQ for a day of interviews, 8 meetings with a variety of people in the office.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite stock pick at the moment, and why.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Little negotiation on salary, but asked for moving expenses to be covered.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments.

Interview

started with a phone interview, than an in person with two interviewers. The questions were situational and experience based. Managers were the interviewers and the phone interview was conducted by a person in the HR department.

Interview Questions

• What experience you previously have that applies to customer service.   Answer Question

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

three round process: 1. HR telephone interview - standard HR questions in order for them to check off all the boxes; 2. technical interview with a panel of PMs on valuation methodologies, markets etc.; 3. pick a stock, create a model, do a write-up and present the idea to the PMs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation involved - fair compensation.

Janitorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Largo, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

She described my duties and showed me what to do it was very understandable she was a very nice manager and she introduced me to the other team members it only took about 30 minutes and I started the next day

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (San Mateo, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Pretty straightforward process- phone interview, then 2 on-sights with the team.
    Interviewers were interested in fit and ability to grow. Mostly behavioral questions.
    HR was nice, but not very responsive.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (San Mateo, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was called for an interview about a month later. The HR does a very poor job of screening applicants. Instead of talking about my experience, I was asked a bunch of behavioral questions that dug deeper and deeper. I have a successful track record which should matter more, but obviously not. I have a lot of experience having first round interviews and I felt this particular company has a poor way of screening applicants as HR makes snap judgements based on unrelated questions. I didn't make it to the next round but I know I would've been one of the best candidates if the hiring manager got a chance to meet me. This experience really turned me off about my perception of the firm and will never consider working there again.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2007.

Interview

I completed a phone interview with HR first then went in for an in person interview. The interview was with three different supervisors for related groups. It was basic interviewing questions. Nothing difficult or different than most. Tell me about yourself, give me examples of this, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate with HR when offered a salary. They do tend to be a low paying company so I was lo-balled at first. Ask for more if you think the salary is way to low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

I drove all the way to their office in Rancho Cordova to find out that they were simply doing a screener interview, and furthermore they had no idea what the internship would be for. The HR lady ignored me for 15 minutes while she talked on the phone. Then I waited an additional 20 minutes for the interview to start. I was being interviewed by the HR lady, since they didn't know what departments needed interns. The interview was 100% behavioral questions, and most of them were quite vague. The fact that neither of us knew what position I was applying for made the conversation really awkward. She seemed rather disinterested, even before I started talking. She wrote on her clipboard the whole time, while coldly staring at me. The interview concluded after about 10 minutes. Contrast this with the 1 hour I spent driving to the interview + the 35 minutes I spent waiting for the unprepared interviewer.

Now here's the ridiculous part:
    Two weeks later, there is no response, so I assume that they have rejected me. Then I get a voicemail from the interviewer, telling me to call them. I call, expecting that they finally figured out what position they need interns for. It turns out that all she wanted to tell me was that they decided not to hire me. Seriously? You couldn't just email me that, or put it in the voicemail?

I have done interviews at 10 different companies so far, and this was by far the worst experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• How will an internship at Franklin Templeton help you achieve your goals?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments.

Interview

over the phone interview, where most of the questions where basic. Questions about myself and what I knew about Franklin Templeton. Who told me about franklin templeton? Why should I be considered for the position?

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had with another or a group where you have difficulty getting something done and how did you manage to get to your final goal? -something like that...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Rancho Cordova, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

2 interviews. One phone interview with HR and the next with the department and future boss and team member. HR interview were behavioral questions. They gave feedback after we spoke. Called me back the next day for an in person interview that week. (From HR phone interview to in person interview all happened in the same week, because I was in the area for spring break).

Interview Questions

• Describe a role you worked on a team.   1 Answer