Franklin Templeton Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2018

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Applied online. HR then got in contact with me to schedule a 1hr phone interview, then I was contacted again for an in person interview. The HR interview was very pleasant. Too bad the rest of the experience was not. I was interview by three separate people, each individually for 30 minutes. While each person who interviewed me was cordial, there was certainly something very off. There were many inappropriate remarks made in the interview regarding the previous person who held the position I interviewed for, on top of anecdotes sandwiched into my interview about things other employees do. Rarely was I asked a question about myself, it was me listening to three people talk about themselves and the job, not much interest in what I had to say (except for the 2nd interviewer). I haven't even heard back as to whether or not I have been offered the job, but I can say that the in-person interview left such a bad taste in my mouth that I am 100% un-interested in moving forward in any part of the process.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any unexpected questions. Interview was VERY easy.   1 Answer

In person interview was unprofessional in content, I did not feel that the interviewers were interested in me at all, except for the 2nd interviewer.

TA Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

One of the worst. Hr has yet to give me a response four months after interview. This is even with me following up twice . That's ridiculous and just plain rude. It takes a few minutes to send an email. Was led on basically from the hiring managers . Very unprofessional to not update a candidate of their status almost 5 months later actually. Glad I didn't pursue anymore after the interview. Who wants to work with a company and they're HR team after that kind of treatment?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Saint Petersburg, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Very easy going first round phone call, recruiter was very friendly. The call consists of the job description, a few questions about yourself, and then I was asked to provide a little background on Franklin Templeton.

Futures Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very kind and felt I was appreciated. They were slow on some response time, but throughout the process they were great. Was toured around the facility and was able to meet all the futures associates.

Futures Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Saint Petersburg, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with Human Resources and was told they were moving in a different direction. When I asked what to improve I was told the interview was good, but no specific ways to improve for the future.

TA Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Rancho Cordova, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First, a casual phone interview with an HR manager, then a longer phone interview with another HR manager with behavioral/situational questions. Finally, there was a panel interview with two supervisors and three tests to pass.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you completed an important project. What did you do and what feedback did you receive?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments.

Interview

A series of Phone, Panel then two person interview with two of the top sales figures. Everything happened in the span of 2 weeks, pretty efficient and professional. HR lady Danielle was super friendly! Everyone was very friendly. Waiting on them to call me back!

Middle Office Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Had to interview with many levels. It was a 5 stage process. It included two 2 person panel interviews. I can to go interview 5 separate times before being offered a position

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with combative and often stressful situations. How do you deal with dead line pressures. How do you prioritize. Do you prefer to work in teams or an an individual contributor   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a flat salary with a 10% bonus

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, received a call for an initial interview with HR a month later. Passed initial so got moved to in person panel with 3 managers from 3 different departments. More personality based questions then ended with a role play scenario where you have to pretend to sell their products to them. Was told that they will contact me within a week, couple days passed and got a call for final interview with the lead manager from the department I was applying for; fairly easy and felt comfortable. Everyone was nice and it's more of a "get to know you type of interview" was told that there were a couple more interviews after mines so I had to wait a couple days but to my surprise got called the next day for a verbal offer. After verbal offer was made on the phone they sent a written offer to my email. Very good process and very punctual.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Saint Petersburg, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The questions were mostly standard but the interviewer threw in questions about recent current events. So know your current events especially in the financial sector. She wrote my answers while I was talking. The response was quick (within a day or two). I didn't get the job.