Franklin Templeton Investments Interview Questions in Saint Petersburg, FL | Glassdoor

Franklin Templeton Investments Interview Questions in Saint Petersburg, FL

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.8

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Saint Petersburg, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The questions were mostly standard but the interviewer threw in questions about recent current events. So know your current events especially in the financial sector. She wrote my answers while I was talking. The response was quick (within a day or two). I didn't get the job.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Saint Petersburg, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very easy, took 2-3 weeks, no trick questions, they asked mostly behavioral type questions, they interviewers are very friendly which makes the environment very relaxing, make sure you know about the company and you will be fine

Transfer Agent Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Saint Petersburg, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Online application and received a call about a month or so later. Standard phone interview about 30 minutes that went very well. Went in for an in-person interview the following week. After a typing test and a couple of call center scenario tests I was interviewed by 2 "very young" hiring managers(probably not even out of their 20's). The one hiring manager had a look of dread on his face before I could even get out of my chair in the HR office to shake his hand. I knew I was in trouble after that... The interview was very low key and quick and they had a blank look on their faces the entire time. They were so young that both of their work histories together could not equal mine. I got a standard rejection email about 3 days later. It seems as if they like to hire kids right out of college. Overweight phone reps. in their 40's with lots of industry experience need not apply.

Transfer Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Saint Petersburg, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I completed an online application and received a call about 2 days later. I was scheduled for a phone interview which took about 30 minutes. I was then contacted back for an in-person interview and testing. Upon arrival I took 3 tests. Upon passing I was interviewed by 2 hiring managers. I got a call about 2 weeks later, offering me the position. I accepted. Rate of pay is non-negotiable . I then completed a back ground check through Hire Right and drug screening (urinalysis). Before the 1 st day I had to go in for fingerprinting and to take pictures for my badge.

I've been here 2 weeks now and I am very pleased with my choice. FT is a great company i'm only 26 and seriously considering retiring from this company.

Online application
    Phone Interview
    In person customer service assessment, data entry , typing test 35 wpm minimum

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Company?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me of a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.
      Tell me of a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker.
      Answer Question

Senior Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Telephonic & F2F and Group Interview with couple of supervisors in the group. Interview was difficult and doable. Good way to get exposure to the interview process and which is helpful.

Negotiation

It was good

Portfolio Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Good..make sure to ask detailed questions from the interviewer and know why you want the position. Every department is different so make sure you like the supervisor that you will probably be working under.

Negotiation

through a staffing company and the recruiter was dishonest

Futures Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Saint Petersburg, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied as an internal candidate. The job posted for 2 weeks, and wasn't broadcast by HR, I had to be proactive in looking for it. As an internal candidate, I automatically received a face to face HR interview (which was scheduled about 1 week after the application process closed). I received a call back from HR about 2 weeks later to invite me to a panel interview and it was scheduled a couple weeks later. It's a 3 hour interview process consisting of a 3 person interview, a writing sample, and a lunch with the current Future Associates. After the offer was extended, it was a 2 month period before the position actually started.

Interview Questions

• - When were you a leader on a team? What was the teams overall goal? How did you lead the team to that goal?...... Describe your leadership style?...... What aspect of leadership can you improve upon?
      - What have you learned from college?
      - What do you have over the other candidates?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate, but I do believe that it's non-negotiable.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Saint Petersburg, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Long process, went through three interviews until I found out if I had gotten the position. Drawn out process that seemed like it might never end. Overall pretty average though

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a little bit about your self"   Answer Question

Advisor Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Saint Petersburg, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

The process was pretty standard based on my experience. Be prepared to discuss knowledge of the company and have a decent understanding of the Mutual Fund industry.

Interview Questions

• Describe a mutual fund and incorporate an investment idea into your answer.   1 Answer

TA Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Templeton Investments (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with in depth questions, had to provide examples of specific situations that tested customer serviceability, handling employee conflict etc. Additionally they wanted to know how your other jobs played into the role you have. Be able to tie together your experience, skills to doing the job / answering the question.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None