Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Administrative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Administrative Interview Questions

1.0

Administrative Interview

Interview

I can't go into too much detail, but I will say that HR seems to be a little....disorganized. I experienced this and several people I know have, too. They made some crucial errors during the hiring process. The dept I am working in was absolutely great with the interviews, it was just the HR dept that was lacking. I recommend figuring out an inside contact to communicate with during the process, otherwise I am not sure your resume will even get to the right person. I hope HR can find more staff to help out! They seem understaffed.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about how you handled a particular situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation went ok, but it seems like it really depends on the department.

Other Interview Reviews for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

The process started with a phone screening from a recruiter. An in-person interview followed a week later. The interview was supposed to be an hour long and divided into two sections: 30 minutes with someone in HR and 30 minutes with two other staff members. The first part of the interview was normal; however, the second portion was a bizarre experience. One of the interviewers completely dominated conversation, talked about herself incessantly and neglected to ask me any questions. Her colleague was obviously embarrassed and tried to subtly redirect the interview back to me. After that was unsuccessful, she actually checked out of the interview "because she had to go home". Long story short, I was there for another hour and a half, subjected to this woman's stories which ran the gamut of political views on reproductive rights to inappropriate office gossip. I was uncomfortable but didn't know how to end the madness without jeopardizing my chances. The interview ended but not before she revealed another very personal tidbit about herself. I walked back to my car in complete disbelief. Unfortunately, a month has gone by and I never heard from them but my application is still in consideration, according to the website.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

The phone interview lasted for 30 minutes. The in person interview lasted for about 15 minutes. HR asked two very broad questions that did not allow me to go into detail about my work experiences. It seemed like they had a candidate already in mind because I felt rushed. Apply here if you want to waste your time. A better recruiting and interviewing process needs to be implemented in HR. This was the worst interview experience ever.