Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 117 of over 117 interviews

Recruiter2%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Interview

The Recruiter T was not very nice. She didn’t seem like she understood the job, just read what was in the TOR.I have years of experience but she came across that I was just at the wrong place. Work on diversity. Managers need to hire direct instead of this. This is not a good system

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself ?
    Answer Question
  • Why do you think you are qualified for the job?

Application

Interview

Process consisted of an interview and coding tasks (in R, done begore the interview meeting). The interview was brief, and consisted mainly in reviewing the code tasks, where we discussed some of the challenges with each of the assignments, and how I approached each one of them.

Interview Questions
  • One of the coding tasks involved cleaning a very heterogeneous dataset, and I was asked how I approached this.

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Interview

Had 2 phone screens and then was invited to meet a 5-person panel for an onsite interview. After the in-person interview, the HR recruiter never reached out to let me know the outcome. I sent multiple follow up emails and tried to call, but recruiter did not even bother responding.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Sep 2020

Interview

Very standard and smooth process. Multiple rounds of interviews to meet a lot of people on the team. Here is the timeline: - 08/06/20: Applied online - 09/01/20: Initial phone screen with HR - 09/04/20: Virtual interview with hiring manager - 09/10/20: Virtual interview with two team members - 09/16/20: Virtual interview with two directors - 09/18/20: HR reached out for reference and background check - 09/23/20: Offer Negotiation went well. Salary is within my desired range.

Interview Questions
  • Questions are mostly standard behavior questions or "describe a time when...". Not difficult. - Why Fred Hutch? - What do you do to ensure a report's accuracy? - Name one of your hobbies that could help you succeed in this job. - What existing procedures do you think you can improve at Fred Hutch?
1 person found this interview helpful

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Aug 2020

Interview

A phone screen with a recruiter, then radio silence before scheduling the interview with the actual team. Here's what happened: During the phone screen, I provided my salary range to which the recruiter said was on the higher end of what they were willing to pay. Right then and there I told the recruiter this position may not be the best fit. He agreed, then said they would keep my resume on file in case something better opened up within the department. Days later I received an email from the recruiter saying he talked to the team and they wanted to interview me anyway. I then provided my availability and was ghosted. This is extremely unprofessional and left a bad impression.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to leave your current position? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in Aug 2020

Interview

Interviews spanned two months. The first was a phone screen. Two weeks later was the second; a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. Two weeks after that was the third; a panel interview with the hiring managers and other Data Analysts. Two weeks after that I received the rejection email. I emailed the recruiter asking for feedback on where I could improve to have a better shot next time, but was ghosted. That is very unprofessional. If they are not able to answer the question, the least they can do is send an email saying they can't answer the question. Again, it's very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in Jun 2020

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter, which went very well and I was moved on to the 1:1 interview stage. The 1:1 interview was with the hiring manager, and she asked me questions about my experience first, then I asked her questions. After she answered my questions, she simply said, "Ok, well it was great talking to you. Have a nice day" and then the call was over. I wasn't selected, which is completely fine, but I never got an email response saying I wasn't selected, which was incredibly unprofessional and disrespectful. I had to check back in to find out that I wasn't selected, and it left a bad taste in my mouth with the whole experience.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience in resolving data discrepancies
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in Jun 2020

Interview

I received a word from the P.I. of the lab asking for a time to Zoom. On the initial Zoom, she asked a couple of behavioral questions and then some technical questions. I was thinking the first interview was going to be more just giving information on the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2020

Interview

The process was seamless from the beginning to the end (when I received an offer!). Communication was clear, scheduling interview times was easy, and the staff were incredibly kind and professional.

Interview Questions
  • What I needed from them in order to be a successful employee

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Paris)

Interview

the scientific interviewer was very pleasant and we further discussed about my phd project, and some of the main topics related the offers, an further explained me the human ressources procedure, i had appreciated the professional way he interviewed me

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 117 Interviews