Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2017

2.6

Medical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

Interviewed by phone (lasted approximately 30 mins). Followed by an in-person interview three weeks later. Following this in-person interview, I was asked to return for a second in-person interview, this time with a group. Weeks passed and I had no response from anyone to tell me that I was not accepted for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What skills do you have which make you suited to the position?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen was standard and seemed to go fine. Asking the recruiter questions afterwards resulted in a very hostile response. I expect to be treated professionally with basic respect, and did not see this from the recruiter. Based on my interactions I will not consider Fred Hutch again.

Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

A short interview with Director and then a double round of interviews with the rest of the department employees. Fairly straight forward, but it's a lot of people to talk to in a short time.

Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. A few days later, the department reached out for an in-person interview. Each interview was fairly standard. There weren't any surprising questions.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional HR team. I received an email from a recruiting coordinator a couple weeks after applying online. I interviewed with a recruiter via phone and was told I would hear back the next week. I didn't hear back for 3 weeks and sent follow up emails to both the recruiting coordinator and the recruiter and got no response until almost a month after the phone interview. They gave the company a bad reputation through this experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that makes you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Office Worker III Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

I was actually hired through a temp agency, so there was never an interview for this particular position. My supervisor just hired me on the spot after seeing my resume.

Research Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with two people from the lab which I applied to. The interviewers were very laid back and kind. They asked general questions about me and my experience, nothing technical regarding lab techniques or equipment. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what you studied in university and your previous lab experience?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Multiple Professional Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The FHCRC hiring process is one of the worst I have encountered.

Recruiters are not familiar with the subject matter for which they are recruiting, online tracking process is not accurate, there are significant delays (months!) in follow up and the HR staff has treated myself and other highly qualified professional candidates I've referred with very little respect.

Note to HR Leadership: I assume your recruiting philosophy is that you want highly qualified candidates who feel like you value them, and vice versa. I have a successful, professional track record and stellar references. I am passionate about cancer research and treatment. At each juncture, I was treated like FHCRC was 'doing me a favor' by interviewing me for a job there - and this was for multiple roles.

Interview Questions

• What healthcare experience do you have that is most applicable to this role?   1 Answer

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with a recruiter talking about what I'm interested in and my qualifications. Then a face to face interview with the head of the lab talking about job specifics and how I would fit into the role.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a fantastic initial interview with a SR Recruiter. She was very laid back, yet professional and facilitated a productive and engaging conversation. Recruiter gave a lot of leeway to speak, and did a good job listening to answers. She also took the time to answer a lot of the questions that I had as well

Interview Questions

• Describe how your previous work experience has prepared you to be successful with this job   Answer Question