Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 135 of over 135 interviews

Recruiter3%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Interview

Was relatively long but all the people I met through the process were incredible! There is lots of amazing research occurring at Fred Hutch and there is excitement about it throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you a good fit for this position?
    Answer Question

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Mar 2022

Interview

really short, like 15 mins, two interviewers, fast pace. mainly talk about my resume. Only 2 rounds of interviews, the first one is a phone interview with the HR. It has been 2 months and I have not received any feedback. The applicant dashboard still says 'interview completed, under review. I don't know what takes them so long. Low work efficiency. I assume they found a better candidate and just forgot to update the dashboard.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about your resume. Talk about your education. What questions do you have for us.

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen which asked basic questions. Then, I received a take-home tech assessment to complete. After I submitted the tech assessment, I was then called for an interview that was supposed to go over my tech assessment. However, instead of going over my tech assessment, they instead asked me a bunch of stats questions (for a dev role???) and nothing relevant to my technical assessment at all. I was completely blindsided.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Feb 2022

Interview

Two rounds of interviews/conversations, both were with a panel. The first included the hiring manager and two senior staff, the second included peers. The group I was interviewing with functions somewhat as an autonomous start up within the organization, so the format was relatively informal/conversational.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Feb 2022

Interview

The interview process was a little longer than most places, however the recruiters were very friendly and easy to converse with. The response is pretty fast when you reach out to them for follow up or any other questions you have with them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Dec 2021

Interview

30-minute recruiter conversation through Teams. The Recruiter was prompt and professional in communication, and easy to talk to in the interview. Standard "walk me through your resume" and answer questions conversation.

Interview Questions
  • Experience with Volunteer management What are you looking for in your next role

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA)

Interview

Started with a phone screen. Was a casual process with a senior researcher and an HR member who was organizing the process. Next became an interview via zoom with another researcher as well.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Are you experienced analyzing single cell RNA-sequencing?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA)

Interview

Just finished an interview with a recruiter who was very abrupt and cut me off multiple times. She would ask me to "describe my experience" and then rudely cut me off when I started detailing my prior responsibilities. She would also phrase questions confusingly and then get upset when I answered her questions. The position was listed as remote but then she seemed to take issue that I wouldn't move to Washington. This was probably one of the worst phone screens that I have ever encountered. I believe someone who left a negative interview review here may have spoken to her as well...If I were offered a position here, I would decline because she was such a bad representation of the company. Really left a sour taste in my mouth. I almost want to email her back now and withdraw my application. Will update if I hear back.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in Aug 2021

Interview

interview with human resources, behavioral interview with hiring manager, coding sample. The interview process was spread out over a few months for no reason. I was ghosted by the recruiter at the end.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in Aug 2021

Interview

First, I had two interviews with HR. After that, I interviewed with my manager and my Principal Investigator. Finally, I did a project to prove my skills. I was hired after that process.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions and one project
Viewing 1 - 10 of 135 Interviews

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center as 56.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.56 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Project Coordinator and Research Technician I rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Postdoctoral Research Fellow and Research Technician roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center takes an average of 27 days when considering 148 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Staff Scientist had the quickest hiring process (on average 4 days), whereas Research Technician I roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 19 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center according to 148 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 29.06%