Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

2.5

Clinical Trials Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2020.

Interview

The process was seamless from the beginning to the end (when I received an offer!). Communication was clear, scheduling interview times was easy, and the staff were incredibly kind and professional.

Interview Questions

• What I needed from them in order to be a successful employee   Answer Question

Bioinformatics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in February 2020.

Interview

I had a video interview with the PI. It was mostly basic questions about my experience. The PI also discussed the job role he was interviewing for. It was really easy.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied for the position and within a week I was contacted for a phone interview. The format was conversational. Sue, the recruiter for the position, described the role and its context within the organization to set the tone for the call. She was very knowledgable about the department/position. Sue was a wonderful ambassador for the Hutch as she set a positive and friendly tone for the call. Her energy seems to get the best out of applicants. Through our conversation, we determined that the position wasn't the right fit at this time- but nonetheless I left the interaction happier than when it had started!

Interview Questions

• If you had to describe what you're looking for in your position with 3 words- what would they be?   Answer Question

Research Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied in December
    Phone screening with HR
    Interview 1: Team of three I would be directly working with
    Interview 2: Director and another person in the department

The screening and first interview were very positive and great communication
    2nd round is where it began to go off the rails. I believe that once the director was involved
    it became challenging, she came across as a micro-manager and asked a few of the same questions twice. While I want to rate the first two phases of the process very positive, Interview round 2 was less than positive. I was expected to 'expand' on two answers I had already discussed. This individual muddied the water and I would give it a big thumbs down from that point on. It became apparent to me I was just one of the herd they were considering, the leadership did not want someone with more than 3 years of experience, my guess is to mold the employee. Salary was low for my experience in Clinical Trial Research, however was willing to overlook that for the opportunity of working for this team. It is just unfortunate, there always seems to be "that" person who may be able provide relevance but makes everyone jump through an extra hoop to accomplish their goal.

Interview Questions

• How is your communication style. I was asked this twice during the interview. Either the director was caught up in other thoughts or not paying attention because I was asked to email further discussion on this topic. I work at one of the top hospitals in the United States with some of the most world renowned physicians that Fred Hutch is a SubAward to us. This should not be reinventing the wheel of describing "communication"   Answer Question

Interview

Very Easy and friendly process, usually three rounds of interview. The First is with scientific recruiter, then followed by virtual and on site interview with the specific PI you are applying for.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied online and received a 30-minute phone interview in about 1 week. I received an in-person interview ~1 after that. Excellent email communication from HR over the interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Questions about research skills.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in August 2019.

Interview

Had a brief initial interview with HR. Which went well. Asked general questions regarding my resume and experience working as an quality personnel. In person interview is scheduled for next week. So if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to comment below.

Biostatistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

1 round: interview with HR and submit writing sample and code sample
    2 round: interview with hiring manager, asked about past experience and current project
    3 round: panel interview with 3 groups of people

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in June 2019.

Interview

10- 15 minute phone screen with a recruiter (mostly asked about my own experiences and why I want to work there with an additional 10- 15 minutes to ask your own questions), additional skype interview with PI if selected

Interview Questions

• What are you hoping to get out of this job with respect to your future goals?   Answer Question

Q/A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

Three phone interviews and one in person team interview. The in person interview was a giant mess, people on the panel were scrolling through their phones while I was talking. It was extremely unprofessional and I have never seen that before in a job interview.

I ended up withdrawing my application.