Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.6

AV Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Had long delays in getting replies to inquiries and scheduled interview day/time information. Got through phone screen, interview with recruiter and then ultimately with hiring manager and his manager. My biggest issue was, once interviews had been completed, I felt great about it. I enjoyed interviews and I seemed to be very well received and my experience was definitely a fit for the role. However, a week later I find out I was NOT selected. Ok I get that but I email them for some feedback on what perhaps cost me because everything went so well, I was at a loss as to why the strange email I received that didn't match my conversations with them. I asked for some feedback to help me in the future. Did I have a spot on my tie? Did I come off a certain way in the final interview? Anything? I got no replies at all. They completely ignored my emails at that point which I felt was Extremely Unprofessional. A candidate that has invested that much time and effort and has made it all the way to final round, to just ignore them completely was horrid and quite frankly they should be ashamed. They cant reply to all that apply but to not reply to someone that has invested as much, showed zero class and my only positive was that apparently they didn't have the moral fiber I look for in a company. That I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Standard What if Scenarios surrounding support.   1 Answer

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had brief phone interview regarding position, a week later had interview with PI. PI contacted references later that week. Overall a very relaxed interview process. PI was very nice and did not try to create an intimidating environment. Overall recruiting staff were pretty responsive with keeping me updated.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

I was emailed to have a phone interview with them and confirmed and they blew me off. I waited for their call for the interview at the interview time and then called them when there was no call and left a message. I even tried reaching out to them by email and did not even receive a response back.

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through the Fred Hutch Careers site, received a phone call about a week later offering me a phone interview. I sat down with my phone and interview materials on the agreed upon date and time, and the recruiter called me almost 20 minutes late. They did not apologize for or even acknowledge this inconvenience, and proceeded with the interview as if nothing unusual had occurred.

The actual phone interview itself was fine, as far as I could tell - we discussed job duties and salary, and the recruiter told me that I would hear back from them again by the end of the week (this call took place on a Tuesday). The following week, they still hadn't, so I sent a followup email to check in. No response. A week after that I sent another - still no response. Three weeks after the phone interview, I reached out to the person who had scheduled the phone interview (independently from the recruiter who I had actually spoken with), asking them if there had been any updates and explaining the situation. Still nothing.

It has now been more than two months, and I have not received a response or any sort of communication from anyone at Fred Hutch since my phone interview. I feel that this is an extremely unprofessional way to treat prospective hires, and judging by some of the other reviews on here it looks like I'm not the only one. I was never told that I wasn't selected for the position, although I'm not sure how they can expect someone to remain enthusiastic about working for the company after being left in silence and flat-out ignored for several months. Very disappointing, as I had high hopes for Fred Hutch as a company and prospective employer.

Medical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

Interviewed by phone (lasted approximately 30 mins). Followed by an in-person interview three weeks later. Following this in-person interview, I was asked to return for a second in-person interview, this time with a group. Weeks passed and I had no response from anyone to tell me that I was not accepted for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What skills do you have which make you suited to the position?   Answer Question

Executive Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume, received a phone call a week later from the Recruiting Leader for Fred Hutch. Seemed like a good connection and she told me that she would definitely call me in a week or so. I never heard from her even after 2 calls placed to follow up. I also found it unprofessional that she shared with me that this is the worst recruiting team she has led and she is trying to overhaul the group.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking? Have you led teams in the past? How big was the group?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen was standard and seemed to go fine. Asking the recruiter questions afterwards resulted in a very hostile response. I expect to be treated professionally with basic respect, and did not see this from the recruiter. Based on my interactions I will not consider Fred Hutch again.

Application

Interview

I applied online, and got a call back within a day. I scheduled a phone interview the following day. After the phone interview they called back to schedule a skype interview with two of the post docs. It was pretty laid back and a great experience

Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

A short interview with Director and then a double round of interviews with the rest of the department employees. Fairly straight forward, but it's a lot of people to talk to in a short time.

Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. A few days later, the department reached out for an in-person interview. Each interview was fairly standard. There weren't any surprising questions.