Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.7

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with a recruiter talking about what I'm interested in and my qualifications. Then a face to face interview with the head of the lab talking about job specifics and how I would fit into the role.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a fantastic initial interview with a SR Recruiter. She was very laid back, yet professional and facilitated a productive and engaging conversation. Recruiter gave a lot of leeway to speak, and did a good job listening to answers. She also took the time to answer a lot of the questions that I had as well

Interview Questions

• Describe how your previous work experience has prepared you to be successful with this job   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a 30 min phone interview with a recruiter. Received the interview request email 1-2 weeks after the phone interview. Had a group interview (with the lab members). Many asked the same questions.

Vice President Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very organized and professional. After an initial phone screen spent a full day onsite in interviews. Cleary finding a cultural fit was a priority and spoke with over 10 people in different departments over the day.

Collaboration, intellectual curiosity, strong media skills, measured risk taking, emotional intelligence appeared to be high values from the conversation.

Interview Questions

• Describe you management style and success in building and managing teams
      Examples of media relations success
      Examples of managing board relationships

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

Was standard loop. Was friendly. What they had advertised for was different from the role they were searching to fill. The phone interview went well. The panel interview was more revealing, provided why they were interested in filling the role. The panel folks were forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• Example of your experience developing website   1 Answer

Research Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

There was no phone interview but they requested 1-3 letters of recommendation. Then they contacted me again for a two hour in-person interview. First had a 1:1 interview with a PI and then met other lab members. Some had more questions for me than others. They were all pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• -Stock solution dilution problems
      -Why do you want to work in research?/what is your goal as a research technician?
      -Are you planning on going to graduate school?
      -Other very typical questions

Business Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position starting of June and received an email from the recruiter end of June. I was first called for Business process analyst then the recruiter thought I was a good match for project manager then after one day he sent me another job description for business analyst. I interviewed for business analyst in July by a panel of interviewers and everyone asking me similar questions. It was not organized and post the interview I waited for one week and thought of emailing the HR how ever the HR never responded and I never heard from them for more then a month now. Very unprofessional and inexperienced staff

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join us?
      Have you worked on any project which went paperless ?
      How do you collect data for analysis ?
      Have you done any coding ? Although the job description does not mention anything about coding

Research Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewer(s), depending on who was present, ask about your current research/experience and talk about the lab in general. If a particular skill/technique was referenced, they will ask questions about it to check for understanding of what it entails. They usually also give a presentation of the workspace and the staff you would be working with to get a sense of what you would be doing.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to troubleshoot a PCR if it showed no results.
      What kind of biological questions do you look at in your current work?

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic, They call you to do a basic phone screen and interview, then a few days later they call to set up an in person interview. From submitting application the process maybe takes 3 weeks max. The interviewers were very friendly. And i would say the best part is that they update your status on line pretty fast.So before they even email you about your status its up online.

Interview Questions

• Most were behavior questions, like give a time when. Or how would you handle this situation.   Answer Question

Statistical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online; got a phone call 3 weeks latter, and schedule a one-day on-site interview. Spoke with several people about their research and work. They asked me my experience.