Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had brief phone interview regarding position, a week later had interview with PI. PI contacted references later that week. Overall a very relaxed interview process. PI was very nice and did not try to create an intimidating environment. Overall recruiting staff were pretty responsive with keeping me updated.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

I was emailed to have a phone interview with them and confirmed and they blew me off. I waited for their call for the interview at the interview time and then called them when there was no call and left a message. I even tried reaching out to them by email and did not even receive a response back.

Medical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

Interviewed by phone (lasted approximately 30 mins). Followed by an in-person interview three weeks later. Following this in-person interview, I was asked to return for a second in-person interview, this time with a group. Weeks passed and I had no response from anyone to tell me that I was not accepted for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What skills do you have which make you suited to the position?   Answer Question

Executive Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume, received a phone call a week later from the Recruiting Leader for Fred Hutch. Seemed like a good connection and she told me that she would definitely call me in a week or so. I never heard from her even after 2 calls placed to follow up. I also found it unprofessional that she shared with me that this is the worst recruiting team she has led and she is trying to overhaul the group.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking? Have you led teams in the past? How big was the group?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen was standard and seemed to go fine. Asking the recruiter questions afterwards resulted in a very hostile response. I expect to be treated professionally with basic respect, and did not see this from the recruiter. Based on my interactions I will not consider Fred Hutch again.

Application

Interview

I applied online, and got a call back within a day. I scheduled a phone interview the following day. After the phone interview they called back to schedule a skype interview with two of the post docs. It was pretty laid back and a great experience

Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

A short interview with Director and then a double round of interviews with the rest of the department employees. Fairly straight forward, but it's a lot of people to talk to in a short time.

Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. A few days later, the department reached out for an in-person interview. Each interview was fairly standard. There weren't any surprising questions.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional HR team. I received an email from a recruiting coordinator a couple weeks after applying online. I interviewed with a recruiter via phone and was told I would hear back the next week. I didn't hear back for 3 weeks and sent follow up emails to both the recruiting coordinator and the recruiter and got no response until almost a month after the phone interview. They gave the company a bad reputation through this experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that makes you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Office Worker III Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

Interview

I was actually hired through a temp agency, so there was never an interview for this particular position. My supervisor just hired me on the spot after seeing my resume.