Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.6

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

AV Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Had long delays in getting replies to inquiries and scheduled interview day/time information. Got through phone screen, interview with recruiter and then ultimately with hiring manager and his manager. My biggest issue was, once interviews had been completed, I felt great about it. I enjoyed interviews and I seemed to be very well received and my experience was definitely a fit for the role. However, a week later I find out I was NOT selected. Ok I get that but I email them for some feedback on what perhaps cost me because everything went so well, I was at a loss as to why the strange email I received that didn't match my conversations with them. I asked for some feedback to help me in the future. Did I have a spot on my tie? Did I come off a certain way in the final interview? Anything? I got no replies at all. They completely ignored my emails at that point which I felt was Extremely Unprofessional. A candidate that has invested that much time and effort and has made it all the way to final round, to just ignore them completely was horrid and quite frankly they should be ashamed. They cant reply to all that apply but to not reply to someone that has invested as much, showed zero class and my only positive was that apparently they didn't have the moral fiber I look for in a company. That I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Standard What if Scenarios surrounding support.   1 Answer

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had brief phone interview regarding position, a week later had interview with PI. PI contacted references later that week. Overall a very relaxed interview process. PI was very nice and did not try to create an intimidating environment. Overall recruiting staff were pretty responsive with keeping me updated.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen was standard and seemed to go fine. Asking the recruiter questions afterwards resulted in a very hostile response. I expect to be treated professionally with basic respect, and did not see this from the recruiter. Based on my interactions I will not consider Fred Hutch again.

Research Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with two people from the lab which I applied to. The interviewers were very laid back and kind. They asked general questions about me and my experience, nothing technical regarding lab techniques or equipment. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what you studied in university and your previous lab experience?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Multiple Professional Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The FHCRC hiring process is one of the worst I have encountered.

Recruiters are not familiar with the subject matter for which they are recruiting, online tracking process is not accurate, there are significant delays (months!) in follow up and the HR staff has treated myself and other highly qualified professional candidates I've referred with very little respect.

Note to HR Leadership: I assume your recruiting philosophy is that you want highly qualified candidates who feel like you value them, and vice versa. I have a successful, professional track record and stellar references. I am passionate about cancer research and treatment. At each juncture, I was treated like FHCRC was 'doing me a favor' by interviewing me for a job there - and this was for multiple roles.

Interview Questions

• What healthcare experience do you have that is most applicable to this role?   1 Answer

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with a recruiter talking about what I'm interested in and my qualifications. Then a face to face interview with the head of the lab talking about job specifics and how I would fit into the role.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Series of questions asked over the phone, then hired. Related primarily to background in field of study and education. Generic, aside from content questions. They didn't seem to do a great job of advertising this position, so I am not sure how many people they interviewed. I have, however, a great deal of experience with the content required.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about finding scientific information to use as a foundation for your curricula?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a fantastic initial interview with a SR Recruiter. She was very laid back, yet professional and facilitated a productive and engaging conversation. Recruiter gave a lot of leeway to speak, and did a good job listening to answers. She also took the time to answer a lot of the questions that I had as well

Interview Questions

• Describe how your previous work experience has prepared you to be successful with this job   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a 30 min phone interview with a recruiter. Received the interview request email 1-2 weeks after the phone interview. Had a group interview (with the lab members). Many asked the same questions.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

The process is like any normail process, interviewed by 4 managers that the position will be supporting. The questions weren’t difficult, average to figure out if you can do the job.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your experience supporting executives and multiple managers ?   Answer Question
    • how do you prioritize your workload ?   Answer Question
    • how do you push back on requests that are not within your job scope?   Answer Question
    • what is your 5 year development plan?   Answer Question
    • Is there a conflict that will prevent you from working OT?   Answer Question