Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Interview Questions in Washington State | Glassdoor

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Interview Questions in Washington State

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.6

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen was standard and seemed to go fine. Asking the recruiter questions afterwards resulted in a very hostile response. I expect to be treated professionally with basic respect, and did not see this from the recruiter. Based on my interactions I will not consider Fred Hutch again.

Research Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with two people from the lab which I applied to. The interviewers were very laid back and kind. They asked general questions about me and my experience, nothing technical regarding lab techniques or equipment. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what you studied in university and your previous lab experience?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Multiple Professional Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The FHCRC hiring process is one of the worst I have encountered.

Recruiters are not familiar with the subject matter for which they are recruiting, online tracking process is not accurate, there are significant delays (months!) in follow up and the HR staff has treated myself and other highly qualified professional candidates I've referred with very little respect.

Note to HR Leadership: I assume your recruiting philosophy is that you want highly qualified candidates who feel like you value them, and vice versa. I have a successful, professional track record and stellar references. I am passionate about cancer research and treatment. At each juncture, I was treated like FHCRC was 'doing me a favor' by interviewing me for a job there - and this was for multiple roles.

Interview Questions

• What healthcare experience do you have that is most applicable to this role?   1 Answer

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with a recruiter talking about what I'm interested in and my qualifications. Then a face to face interview with the head of the lab talking about job specifics and how I would fit into the role.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a fantastic initial interview with a SR Recruiter. She was very laid back, yet professional and facilitated a productive and engaging conversation. Recruiter gave a lot of leeway to speak, and did a good job listening to answers. She also took the time to answer a lot of the questions that I had as well

Interview Questions

• Describe how your previous work experience has prepared you to be successful with this job   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a 30 min phone interview with a recruiter. Received the interview request email 1-2 weeks after the phone interview. Had a group interview (with the lab members). Many asked the same questions.

Lab Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email to schedule phone interview 1 week after applied. Got another email to schedule in person interview with the team. Everyone was friendly and relaxed. Basic questions about education history and experience. The team explained the job duties and what they're doing. Got the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from this job?
      What did you study at school that makes you want to work at this lab?   Answer Question

Vice President Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very organized and professional. After an initial phone screen spent a full day onsite in interviews. Cleary finding a cultural fit was a priority and spoke with over 10 people in different departments over the day.

Collaboration, intellectual curiosity, strong media skills, measured risk taking, emotional intelligence appeared to be high values from the conversation.

Interview Questions

• Describe you management style and success in building and managing teams
      Examples of media relations success
      Examples of managing board relationships   Answer Question

SAS Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

My first contact was a phone screen with an HR recruiter which was a very pleasant conversation about my background, why I was interested in working at Fred Hutch, and questions about the projects I had listed on my resume. They did not ask any unexpected questions and were very kind and open about what to expect next. Following this, I scheduled a Skype interview about 1.5 weeks after this and talked to the hiring manager, and 2 potential team members. They asked me several questions about projects on my resume again, but in more detail, and asked me many "what would I do in this situation" questions. Although I was not selected for the role, it was a fun and positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you had with a teammate and how did you work to resolve it?   Answer Question

Research Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

There was no phone interview but they requested 1-3 letters of recommendation. Then they contacted me again for a two hour in-person interview. First had a 1:1 interview with a PI and then met other lab members. Some had more questions for me than others. They were all pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• -Stock solution dilution problems
      -Why do you want to work in research?/what is your goal as a research technician?
      -Are you planning on going to graduate school?
      -Other very typical questions   Answer Question