Fred Meyer CCK Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fred Meyer CCK Cashier Interview Questions

1.9

CCK Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

She asked questions and then told me she'd get ahold of me in a few days

Interview Questions

• What's the best customer service experience you've had?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fred Meyer

CCK Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a call 2 weeks later for an in person interview. The interview itself only lasted 20 minutes with very simple questions. Got offered the job on the spot and scheduled to come in the next day for an oral drug test.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you were in a group and socialized instead of working?   Answer Question

CCK Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Call store to get job hotline number and see what jobs are posted. Then go to the fredmeyer.com website to apply. Don't apply for a job not posted, that just wastes your time. No Internet access - no chance to apply period. Go to the library. Don't call HR or try to check on your application. Don't mail in a resume - that is a waste of time and HR gets irritated. If you speak to HR you will be told that you will be called if you are a match for what they are looking for. If you get a call for an interview, hopefully you are home and answer the phone, because connecting with the Newberg HR is ridiculous. I hear it is the same at other FM stores. There is no way to leave a message if HR isn't in her office! The first interview is really general and if HR likes you, she will pass you along to a manager. You may not even know which position you are interviewing for before that first meeting. If you don't get the job, you won't get a call, you will get a postcard. If you do get offered a job after talking to the manager, then be ready to have a cheek swab drug test done before you leave. When that test comes back, you will get a call to come fill out paperwork and start orientation. It would be nice if HR would schedule it when you are there, but that didn't work for me. Be ready to stay near the phone and jump.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. I wasn't even told how much I would make for sure until I signed the paperwork. At least with our union contract, they have to start you at at least 10 cents over min wage. Parcels don't get any raises, no matter how many hours they work. Cashiers do after 500 hours, then every 500 hours, I think. Food depts make more money and apparel, home and electronics make less.

Anonymous Employee in Eagle River, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Eagle River, AK) in October 2011.

Interview

There is 2 interviews, one with HR and one with immediate manager in the department you will be working for. You will then be sent for a drug test. After all that is done the HR will call you back to set up your training. It is possible you will train at a different store as they rotate turns. Training is one week.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected about the questions during interview process. Pretty standard stuff for any retail store. Name a time you went out of your way to exceed a customer's expectations? What do you enjoy most working with people? etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation

The wage is pretty straightforward. They base it on experience and offer you an amount. I took it as I was only part-time and going to school full time.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

Group interview with four other people. Took turns answering the same questions. It was extremely simple and their standards are not high. I didn't bother bringing in a resume or cover letter. Just look them in the eyes and be confident.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple days later I received a call from an HR department and answered a few questions and they scheduled me for an in person interview the next day. The interview was with one manager and we talked about my job history and availability. It was very relaxed and friendly. I completed the mouth swab drug test and as soon as they hear back about that test and my background check, I have the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a job that you really liked.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Tigard, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

group interview. big group. very nice staff. asked related questions. very polite. about an hour long. break in between. good company. very comfortable. held in a small room. informational videos were played. great experience. good people. had fun. easy interview. hired day of interview. quick easy process. no pressure. good luck to anyone who wants to work here as a cashier

Interview Questions

• when was a time that you excelled in something   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Tualatin, OR).

Interview

Very quick and comfortable. Got almost immediate responses, and they were happy to answer questions. I got a callback the day after submitting an application, and went in to meet with the store's HR, who was extremely friendly. The process was very quick, and within a week I was hired pending a drug test.

CCK Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Easy, exactly what you'd expect. Basically just say that your outgoing and nice and you'll be hired. Very easy and informal. You can dress casual as well. I worked with some people who you wondered how they were hired. Any kid in high school could work here.

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Sandy, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted application online and was called and offered a gas station position, but I said that I'd rather wait for a different position. I was called back in a week or so with a cashier position. Was interview within a week, was offered the job on the spot at a little bit above minimum wage due to experience. Was very easy.