Fred Meyer Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 29, 2017

2.1

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Anchorage, AK) in November 2017.

Interview

I came in early and wait about 10 min and the interviewer come and take me to interview. The question were easy. Some question were why do you want to work at Fred Meyer, how will you be 5 years.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fred Meyer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Tualatin, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Discussed the position, asked about my long-term goals, discussed hours and requirements, they explained to me what benefits came with the job. I asked about salary and exactly how the hours worked.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

I showed up early (maybe too early) and the interview was extremely brief, about five minutes. I was only asked three questions regarding customer service (how you treat customers, how you've been treated as a customer, etc). I thought I did pretty well but didn't get the job. The interviewer was very nice though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Kent, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and asked customer service questions, then offered an interview at Kent (Midway) store. Arrived at interview on scheduled day and checked in approx. 20 minutes early. Was kept waiting about 25 minutes when interviewer (HR person) couldn't be located. Thought this was extremely disrespectful of me and my time and she should have rescheduled or at least communicated with someone what she was doing. I should have left. Finally, was told she was "observing" management interviews in store and but didn't bother to tell anyone so her unprepared assistant was sent to interview me. He asked usual questions read off a list and finished interview with, "don't take this personally, but if you smoke weed and do a drug test, the results won't come back until after you're hired and you'll be let go on the spot." I found this puzzling and told him I didn't imbibe since it's against federal law and I don't anyway. Again, unprofessional and I should have not interviewed with someone who didn't have the power to hire. Received impersonal "thanks but no thanks" email two days later. I have over 20 years of customer service experience, what do they want? Not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite job? What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Eugene, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. About two weeks later, I was called in for an interview. I was excited because I had two friends who were in the same boat as me (getting their first job) and had no problem getting hired. It was a group interview, and I was the only interviewee that had dressed up and brought a resume. The other two were 40-something men in jeans. We all had to advertise a product to the hiring manager, and I pretty much commandeered the whole thing. I felt that I did amazing at the interview and I proved to be very competent. However, two days later I got the blanket email telling me that I didn't get the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fred Meyer in April 2016.

Interview

Very informal. I applied for a cashier position yet the manager thought I had applied for a deli position, and kept asking me about how I would feel about working in the deli (which I didn't decline, I would have been satisfied with any job at the time). Manager did not seem to know how to conduct an interview and kept her eyes on a paper with questions on it most of the time, rather than looking at me. I applied in April and did not hear back until late June to be told that I was not hired, when I had already given up on the position. I had been referred by a friend, yet the manager did not know my friend who had worked there for nearly a year, and the manager tried to say that my friend must have been someone new. Other employees were very friendly, and the manager was a lovely person, but the overall interview was irritating because the manager did not seem to know what to do. Interview was easy but the wait for a response about whether or not I was hired was unbelievable.

Anonymous Employee in Soldotna, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Soldotna, AK) in April 2016.

Interview

After applying online and filling out a survey I was called in for a 1:1 interview and was offered the job at the end of the interview depending upon the results of a drug test and background check

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your customer service experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online 1 month ago, got a call 2 weeks later asking to come in for an interview and she asked me a few questions on the phone. 1 week later and then I went in and met with the HR manager, she told me she was 99.9% sure the cashiering position was closed now but said she would ask the hiring manager who then decided I was ready for a second interview right on the spot! We talked for 5 minutes and he told me he was gonna hire me! He got a drug test, I signed some paperwork and I start next week! Great experience. Waiting took awhile but it was worth it.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks to get a call back, finally got an interview. Super easy and quick. Said they would call me back they did 3 days later and asked me to come in for a drug test

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer in August 2015.

Interview

First screened by recruiters asked questions regarding customer service, invited to in person interview was asked more situational questions and availability. Was told the role of the cashier and what the store expected of employees. Was very laid back, interviewer was easy to speak with, pay was not discussed however benefits was touched on, took about a week before found out was not selected via email. Interview was short about 15 min