Fred Meyer Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fred Meyer Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Clackamas, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

It was one of the easiest interviews I have ever participated in. She'd interviewed one other candidate earlier in the day. After the initial conversation with me, she said she was interested in hiring me. She consulted with the customer service manager and the next day I received a phone call with a job offer!
She only asked one formal interview question, before explaining dress code, job responsibilities and union fees to me.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the skills and qualities required for good customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fred Meyer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

I showed up early (maybe too early) and the interview was extremely brief, about five minutes. I was only asked three questions regarding customer service (how you treat customers, how you've been treated as a customer, etc). I thought I did pretty well but didn't get the job. The interviewer was very nice though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Kent, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and asked customer service questions, then offered an interview at Kent (Midway) store. Arrived at interview on scheduled day and checked in approx. 20 minutes early. Was kept waiting about 25 minutes when interviewer (HR person) couldn't be located. Thought this was extremely disrespectful of me and my time and she should have rescheduled or at least communicated with someone what she was doing. I should have left. Finally, was told she was "observing" management interviews in store and but didn't bother to tell anyone so her unprepared assistant was sent to interview me. He asked usual questions read off a list and finished interview with, "don't take this personally, but if you smoke weed and do a drug test, the results won't come back until after you're hired and you'll be let go on the spot." I found this puzzling and told him I didn't imbibe since it's against federal law and I don't anyway. Again, unprofessional and I should have not interviewed with someone who didn't have the power to hire. Received impersonal "thanks but no thanks" email two days later. I have over 20 years of customer service experience, what do they want? Not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite job? What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer in September 2012.

Interview

Basic interview questions for entry level retail. Do you have any previous retail experience, can you talk to customers, can you math, do you have a car and a license? etc.

Interview Questions

• How have you gone out of your way to help someone recently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Apply on line, make a call to let them know you're interested, call you in for interview, say all the right stuff, watch a tone of videos, go out of floor with stupid "in training" badge, memorize tons of codes.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals with Fred Meyer? always say you want to make a career out of it.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks to get a call back, finally got an interview. Super easy and quick. Said they would call me back they did 3 days later and asked me to come in for a drug test

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer in August 2015.

Interview

First screened by recruiters asked questions regarding customer service, invited to in person interview was asked more situational questions and availability. Was told the role of the cashier and what the store expected of employees. Was very laid back, interviewer was easy to speak with, pay was not discussed however benefits was touched on, took about a week before found out was not selected via email. Interview was short about 15 min

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Clackamas, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an in person interview. I talked with the HR associate and the head cashier. I am now waiting to hear back from them, as I have a specific availablilty schedule. The interview was very pleasant and am anxious to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose to apply at Fred Meyer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online 1 month ago, got a call 2 weeks later asking to come in for an interview and she asked me a few questions on the phone. 1 week later and then I went in and met with the HR manager, she told me she was 99.9% sure the cashiering position was closed now but said she would ask the hiring manager who then decided I was ready for a second interview right on the spot! We talked for 5 minutes and he told me he was gonna hire me! He got a drug test, I signed some paperwork and I start next week! Great experience. Waiting took awhile but it was worth it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Eugene, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. About two weeks later, I was called in for an interview. I was excited because I had two friends who were in the same boat as me (getting their first job) and had no problem getting hired. It was a group interview, and I was the only interviewee that had dressed up and brought a resume. The other two were 40-something men in jeans. We all had to advertise a product to the hiring manager, and I pretty much commandeered the whole thing. I felt that I did amazing at the interview and I proved to be very competent. However, two days later I got the blanket email telling me that I didn't get the job.