Fred Meyer Cck Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fred Meyer Cck Cashier Interview Questions

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Oregon City, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Oregon City, OR).

Interview

She led me into a quiet room and introduced herself. Spoke about the company, what they offer, what they could offer to me, and asked me about my past experience. I was nervous but she was very kind and welcoming. She asked me what I expected from this job, some questions about my past experience, and what I wanted as pay.

Interview Questions

• What past experience prepared you for this role to work with customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fred Meyer

CCK Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a call 2 weeks later for an in person interview. The interview itself only lasted 20 minutes with very simple questions. Got offered the job on the spot and scheduled to come in the next day for an oral drug test.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you were in a group and socialized instead of working?   Answer Question

CCK Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

Easy, exactly what you'd expect. Basically just say that your outgoing and nice and you'll be hired. Very easy and informal. You can dress casual as well. I worked with some people who you wondered how they were hired. Any kid in high school could work here.

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Sandy, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted application online and was called and offered a gas station position, but I said that I'd rather wait for a different position. I was called back in a week or so with a cashier position. Was interview within a week, was offered the job on the spot at a little bit above minimum wage due to experience. Was very easy.

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Tualatin, OR).

Interview

Very quick and comfortable. Got almost immediate responses, and they were happy to answer questions. I got a callback the day after submitting an application, and went in to meet with the store's HR, who was extremely friendly. The process was very quick, and within a week I was hired pending a drug test.

CCK Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and about 2-3 days I got a call from a recuiter. She give me the details about the position such as starting pay and job description. She asked me if I was still interested in the position. I said yes and she set up a one on one interview with the store's HR manager for the next day.
    I arrived to the interview 15 mins early with business casual attire. HR manager meet me at the customer service desk.

HR manager was very friendly, not intimeding and easy to talk to.
    Luckily I was offered the position and hired on the spot. She give me my pay rate and official start date. We also took care of the drug screening in store and initial new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions

• During interview was asked to tell a little bit about myself. Was asked what are my goals with the company. Was asked about past retail experience and how I would respond to certain situations during my shift.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting pay is based on experience and is determined by a pay scale.

CCK Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Interview

I applied online on June 21 and was called in for an interview June 30. HR asked me a few questions over the phone and were mostly related to customer service and how I demonstrated some key characteristics in the workplace. I went in for my interview a few days later. The atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly. One person interviewed me while another watched. They asked the basic questions first, like availability and what my expectations for wages were. Then I was asked some more difficult questions, like what was risky behavior, if I would be comfortable taking risks, how I would handle a risky situation, if it was OK for someone to get angry at work. Just a lot of behavioral questions used to get a better understanding of the applicant. At the end of the interview I was told I'd be called by the end of the week if I was hired. Sure enough, I got a call the very next day and was offered a job. The next part involved me going in for paperwork and taking a drug test - that's it. Very typical experience. It wasn't stressful; they look for people who are confident and friendly. Make a lot of eye contact and smile and you'll probably be hired.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
      What is your definition of customer service?
      What is risky behavior?
      Would you ever be comfortable taking a risk?
      What if someone insisted on taking a risk?
      What did you like about your first job? Dislike?
      How would you handle an angry customer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple days later I received a call from an HR department and answered a few questions and they scheduled me for an in person interview the next day. The interview was with one manager and we talked about my job history and availability. It was very relaxed and friendly. I completed the mouth swab drug test and as soon as they hear back about that test and my background check, I have the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a job that you really liked.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I was told in the phone interview that I was going to be interviewed for a CCK Cashiering position, however there were no positions available so I was not able to get in. I was offered a position in Apparel, and took it immediately as I love clothes!

Interview Questions

• They asked quite a few questions, but they really stressed on what I would do in certain situations involving customers, so I tried to answer those as best as I could.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

Group interview with four other people. Took turns answering the same questions. It was extremely simple and their standards are not high. I didn't bother bringing in a resume or cover letter. Just look them in the eyes and be confident.