Fred Meyer Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fred Meyer Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions

2.7

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fred Meyer in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with 5 other potential employees and one hiring manager and they asked everyone 3 questions and who ever they prefered most would get a one on one interview

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an altercation with an employee or coworker   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fred Meyer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fred Meyer in July 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a PIC and she was very sweet. The interview was very quick. She asked me about 5 easy questions and then asked when I could start. I got hired right on the spot. They took a drug test also.

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Kent, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

The only reason I applied for this job was because I'm 17 and too impatient to wait until I'm 18 for a more decent job. The HR manager was nice enough when I got the call, though he was always busy and seemed to be in a rush so if I missed one phone call I'd have to wait another week to actually schedule my interview. I got the first interview, though it was rushed and that made me worry a bit. He told me if they weren't interested I'd receive a postcard through the mail, and if they WERE, I'd receive a call within the week. About 2-3 weeks later I neither received a call or postcard and was very confused and gave up. Another week or so after I'd forgotten I'd applied, I got another call for an interview and went in. Though I wasn't much prepared at all, I kept on a cheerful face and was constantly smiling the whole time. I was a bit nervous, though I knew employers don't want timid hires so I faked it. And I made it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked, but since all I am is a courtesy clerk, I stuck with whatever I got. Which is $9.14 hourly.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Vancouver, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online and they called within the week I applied. I felt the interviews were very straightforward. First interview was with the HR director (a basic "do you not have piercings coming out of every part of your body" inspection) and then an interview with the department's on-duty manager.

A week after the second interview, I was called saying I got the job. I came in and did the drug test the next day. Drug test cost money (mouth swab), so you definitely have the job if they are testing you. Just know that the drug test may come on a later day, not necessarily at the second interview, contrarily to some other comments on here. The store I interviewed at was taking in a lot of applicants, so lots of weeding out needed to be done.

Make sure to ask how long it should be until you expect a response from them.

It was around a week before I was called back in for the second interview. Two to three weeks after that before I started working.

Interview Questions

• What is an acceptable amount of days to miss [due to: family emergency, etc.]?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked how much I expected to make in the first interview. That was the only chance for negotiation. You must join the union if you're not in a RTW state (everywhere but Idaho), but the monthly dues aren't terrible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonney Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Bonney Lake, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview a few days later. I went to the customer service desk and told them who I was looking for and they had me sit down and wait. I waited about five minutes she came and took me into the break room where her office was and ask me a couple simple normal questions. I had a second interview a couple days later and then they asked me some more in detail questions about the job. I unfortunatky didn't get the position

Interview Questions

• why do you think you would be good for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fred Meyer (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and a few days later received a phone call. They left a message, so I called back a few times. The last time I called, I was able to set up an interview. I went in for an interview a few days later, and they originally wanted me to be a parcel clerk, but called me in the next day for a second interview. Then, they wanted me to be a courtesy clerk.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you deserve the job more than the others who applied?   1 Answer